Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery (16604 Views)

Pro-biafrans Unite To Form New ‘government’ / Buhari Pays Hospital Bill For Armed Robbery Victim (Photos) / 7 Yoruba Youths Arraigned For Kidnapping, Robbery Igbo Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by AustineE1: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2013
....Avarian organization of Nigeria AON,is a fraternity whose goal is centered on indiscriminate acquisition of wealth at the detriment of others in the society,insatiably desiring for wealth in its most aggressive form!so one wonders how those who encourage cupidity and aggressive wealth making can fight kiddnapping which is born out of the desire for materialism and quick money.The group is given to AVARICE.
Btw!why are the Buccaneers(BAN) and Klu Klux Klan(kkk) nt participating in this APC jamboree or are boys claiming to ve grown up!lol
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Victorchuks4(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2013
I wish bokoharam wil do same nd say no 2 dia sponsors nd put a stop in killing of innocent citizen.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by geesilver(m): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2013
How on earth can A̶̲̥̅ responsible govt. Allow this evil perpetrator to handle. The state security, wen we claim to have different security agencies,so despite all the heavy investment. In security we still need fraternity. Can't blv this Ȋ̝̊̅§ happening in nigeria. What are the police, army, air. Force, navy, civil defence, boy scout, man O war etc doing then. What am still doing in naija, abeg ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥. Go new york next week jaare....... .
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by talktimi(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2013
Well Im not surprised, Oshiomhole has been known to use cultists to do hatchet jobs for him before.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nimen(m): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2013
What's wrong with this move na, is it not the same with Vigilante groups all over naija?? Krazy Nigerians
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by buskie13(m): 10:42am On Oct 14, 2013
Just as vector say ole nor go catch ole.edo govt is a disgrace
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by xagorakis(m): 10:49am On Oct 14, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]

Reminds me of those days in our hood when we couldn't sleep at nights because Dericho, Echejile and the rest were terrorizing everywhere. The landlords had a meeting and concluded to make one of the highly fierce robbers to be the chief security officer of the hood. Guess what? My hood never experienced am robbery again.

Last bullet: this move from Edo state govt is the best. The best way to stop stealing in your house is to make the suspect in charge of house security.

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Psylas(m): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2013
one day kidnapers will unit †o fight robbery
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 14, 2013
even the navy,army other forces are members of one fraternity or the other.
we should see beyond the word CULTIST! they also have something to offer.

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Ossaifamous(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2013
Gbese awan odaran fe mu odaran .. Ha nkan nbe
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by mymz(f): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2013
Letter from Limbo.

To all Nigerians whom it may concern,

I was in class when he walked up to me, "you'll be mine" he breathed against my cheeks. raw anger gnawed at my insides as Alero locked eyes with mine and slowly shook her head from side to side.

later that night, I staggered thru the maze that led to my hostel, trying to accept the fact that I'd just been raped. with vibrating feet, i walked. shaking hands, quivering lips and a million prayers in my heart. a million prayers unfortunately, was not the price to pay for unwanted pregnancy. I chose not to be the bearer of bad tidings and opted for the knife. it haunted me. I see em in my dreams but I can't and will never have children.

Friday's paper was going to be one of Bruno's last in school as final year was seemingly and thankfully becoming final. the shot came from nowhere as students scattered in all directions. nobody saw anything. and alas! Bruno attained final status even before the year could.

fast forward 4years after his death, and it turns out "the faceless shooter" will now guard the community in which Bruno's (still grieving) family resides, against kidnapping and armed robbery.

Touché!

who will help send a message to Bruno? tell him his family is in safe hands now. his murderer has turned a new leaf.

and oh, why not send me a telegram as well. one that reaches the limbo I'm in atm. I took my life when my husband finally convinced me that being a man, when infact I was meant to be a woman, is more grievous a sin than blasphemy. he brought his mistress home. I burned down the house-with everything and everyone in it. *shrugs*

Nigeria will get better. hopefully when I come out of limbo.

Yours truly, now and always.
Citizen of limbo.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Enoquin(f): 11:01am On Oct 14, 2013
omoredia: Presently my dad has been kidnapped for 2 days now in the same Edo state. Pls I need all the help I can get.

Oh my goodness! Have you been to the relevant authorities? I am praying for your Dad
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Gwekzy: 11:10am On Oct 14, 2013
Blasphemy
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by crackhouse(m): 11:13am On Oct 14, 2013
na so oo, next they will visit government house to solicit for fund.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Stonerobaba(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2013
These guys just want to get some cash and recognition from the government. The coalition can never work.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by alcuin(m): 11:16am On Oct 14, 2013
Austine.E:
....Avarian organization of Nigeria AON,is a fraternity whose goal is centered on indiscriminate acquisition of wealth at the detriment of others in the society,insatiably desiring for wealth in its most aggressive form!so one wonders how those who encourage cupidity and aggressive wealth making can fight kiddnapping which is born out of the desire for materialism and quick money.They group is given to AVARICE.
Btw!why are the [b]Buccaneers(BAN) [/b]and Klu Klux Klan(kkk) nt participating in this APC jamboree or are boys claiming to ve grown up!lol

Because the Buccaneers are different.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Tonylyte(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2013
I must sail until i reach my anchor. Sodium marine patrol. Eiye! Sailing things!
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2013
Tonylyte: I must sail until i reach my anchor. Sodium marine patrol. Eiye! Sailing things!

I think say eiye na bird tins una dey do..
u suppose dey fly which 1 b sailing again#

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nichobabe(m): 11:32am On Oct 14, 2013
WHAT A JOKE... cry cry cry

EVEN THE GOVERNOR HAVE TO SEND A REPRESENTATIVE AND ALSO THE PALACE.?

WELL VERY SOON ASSOCIATION OF ARMED ROBBERS WILL COME OUT TO HELP THE GOVERNMENT TO FIGHT THOSE THAT ARE NOT MEMBERS OR THE BAD EGGS TAKING LIFES etc.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 14, 2013
The news may not sound entirely plausible, but I endorse it. It's an easy way to cancel out a great number of miscreants on both sides. In my opinion, the police and other national forces should withdraw their men and only play an advisory role. If need be, supply them with weaponry. Should the government decide to betray any prior agreements with the cultists, it would be easier to deal with survivors of the impending war.

A good strategy. Set your enemies against each other and deal with those who survive the clash.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Pattey(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2013
Just one observation. Aren't many of these Frat Members also part of the Criminal gangs (robbers, kidnappers etc) that they are 'trying to fight'?

How will this be different from awarding pipeline protection contracts to the same militants that vandalize and keep vandalizing them?
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Fayrouzz(m): 11:45am On Oct 14, 2013
Edo state... Hmmm
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Pattey(m): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2013
Splinz: WAT NONSENSE! SO ADAM CN'T EVN STAMP OUT KIDNAPPING & ODA VICES IN A STATE HE GOVERN? YET HE SHAMELESLY GOES ARND SPEWIN LIES ABT "APC" GOVT EFFICIENCY? IS THERE NO SECURITY FORCES IN EDO, DAT GROUPS OF THIEVES & DESTRUCTORS SHLD B GIVN RECOGNITN?

I would have 'liked' ur post. . . If you didn't type in ALL CAPS. Its kinda offensive to the eyes you know. . .
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 14, 2013
A good example of a failed state in display....... Criminals only fight crimes in states where institutions designed to fight these crimes are non-existent.

The country is not even at war and we already have criminal gangs acting as overlord?
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Bulalautali(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2013
May God help us in this country, how can it be? . Naija I dey hail ooh.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by mankand(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2013
One question we should ask ourselves is that who are the kidnappers and armed robbers if not them

They are only trying to seek attention from the government to recognise them just like the civilian JTF
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by firefox4th(m): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ineptness of all in charge of security or how else can one describe d situatn?...roforofo potopoto... fopomoyo...Take it or leave it pessimism apart , it will fail ! Oga at d top sef no fe handle am. because mistake in london is a style in nigeria.Cant u see dat Power Is Changing hands...
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by hod898(m): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
If there's any set of ppl on earth that are so confused it would be 88% of the ppl that have commented on this thread! U guys call this insane but I call it sane! When someone's caught doing sth bad in nigeria with his talents and is jailed u guys will say the govt is idiotic, that it should've utilised such talents! When the govt does the reverse, u'll embark on vocal crusifiction! Don't u see from another perspective that this mean hell to kidnappers just as civilian jtf and jtf merger meant for boko haram? The cultists are civilians and they know those behind the kidnappings better than the govt, or do u think the govt will just agree on a solidarity meeting without due reason? Don't talk out of ignorance. For me it's a gud thing.

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by HUGES: 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hehehe funny country. Well, true these fraternities are known for notorious activities and are not even formally recognized by sch authorities. But I think no one can catch a thief lik a thief would, and I am sure d state authorities will ask dem abt d methods they'll adopt in their operations. Never under estimate d power of change o. In sch one of my coursemate who was no. 2 in his cult group and was in charge of keeping d guns and matchets got born again and became a passionate preacher, naw d guy na pastor sef.
If I were d edo state govnr, I'ld encourage all of dem to get properly registered and create a regular forum for dem to organiz seminars and talks among demselvs lol, and gradually dey 'll b transformd without even understandin wats happening to dem.
I do agree sha dat they shldn't use violenc and weapons o; Intelligenc services will do.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by eldoradoxx: 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
Afrocatalyst: Again I repeat,you can't use evil to fight evil. He that has an ear let him hear.
And who said there is evil in cultism? Every religion is some cult. If u re a christain or muslim, then u re somewhat a cultist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run / Tinubu’s Victory: Legal Battle Begins Monday As Tribunal Hears Petitions / Renewed Hope Concert Organising Committee List Causes War Among APC Youths.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.