Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot (6013 Views)

Maryam Abacha Spotted At A Wedding (photos) / Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / GT Bank Partners ‘she Leads Africa’ Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by ShenTeh(m): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Looters and zhe loot simfly wan tu chanze hands ne de kawai. Only the looted remains zhe same. Allah ya ki.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2013
aguiyi: and the circle continues
cycle....-fixed!!
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Analyst42: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2013
...sincerely don't care! All I want is a job at a functional medical research institute with my MSc degree. I hope to develop a cure for Schistomiasis which is killing more than 600 million people, predominantly in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2013
obayaya: 40 billion down, 460 billion to go....

I see ASUU strike ending soon cheesy
did u miss d part where it was clearly written that d recovered money is going to be used for rural development. ASUU ko, fasu ni.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by jaybee3(m): 9:40am On Oct 14, 2013
I'm waiting for this dude (https://www.nairaland.com/genbuhari) to come debunk this claim again

GenBuhari:
Abacha never looted at all.

Thief Obasanjo and Evil looter Babangida are top contenders
https://www.nairaland.com/1447698/nigeria-most-corrupt-ruler#18265542
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by AbuDhabiGroup(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2013
I don' t give a damn about all this propaganda. The question is , what have they done with the previously recovered funds ? The FG have to tell us in clear and unambiguous terms, where they have kept these funds ; and what they have also done with the funds ?
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by PBundles(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2013
These guys make me laugh. They think we are fools. Why going after a dead mans loot, whereas some of the looters (OBJ, Babagida, our Lagos Kingpin etc etc etc etc) we all know are alive and kicking and can tell you where it is. This is a circus, just fooling the masses into thinking they are doing something.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Victorchuks4(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] let them use d money implement 2009 agree btwn fd nd ASUU.so dt students cn go bk 2 skul. There's money in dz country bt our looting politicians are the prblm. God bles 9ja.!
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by fuckdmods(m): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2013
professional looter
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by rapfezy: 10:23am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Ijobaorun(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2013
Youngzedd: The Federal Government yesterday announced it was collaborating with the World Bank to recover about 185 million euros transferred to some commercial banks in Liecttenstein in Central Europe by the General Sani Abacha regime through some shell companies.

Speaking on efforts by the government to repatriate the funds which she said would be used to finance rural development projects across the country, Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said the recovery effort started about 14 years ago under President Olusegun Obasanjo when about $500 million were also repaid by banks in Switzerland.

“We have been pursuing this money in Liechtenstein and this is part of the legacy of the Abacha monies that were taken out of the country. There has been several steps, through a lawyer, who has been working on this case as well as other cases of lost Abacha money. “But the essence is that we identified this money in Liechtenstein, through our lawyer, Mr. Erico Monfrini of Switzerland. He first started under President Obasanjo’s administration and now credit to President Goodluck Jonathan who has been pursuing it in the last few years with the same lawyer.

“The Attorney General of the Federation has also been working on this. In fact, they were working before I joined and the idea is that there has been several legal steps and challenges that have been thrown in Liechtenstein courts against returning this money,” she said.

The minister said the money was sent in through some front companies, some shell companies that were opened up in Liechtenstein and then transferred through those companies into Liechtenstein banks, stressing that the beneficiaries were really General Abacha’s companies.

She stated that at the time the funds were identified nearly 14 years ago, several legal steps were taken to get them back, noting that the companies or their representatives have always thrown legal challenges every step of the way.
She explained that it got to a stage where the courts in Liechtenstein had mitigated and said it should be returned.

However, while this was happening, the companies took the case to the European Court of Human Rights, saying that the Liechtenstein government violated their human rights by allowing the money to be taken away from them.
She stated that taking the case to court meant another two or three years delay, an indication that the country was just employing delay tactics to keep the money since they would be earning interest on it..
Okonjo-Iewala said another obstacle the Liechtenstein government created was to ask us to sign a guarantee that if the European Court of Human Rights fines them for any reason, Nigeria would indemnify them.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/world-bank-partners-fg-recover-185m-euro-abacha-loot/

I just converted this our general money into Naira and this is the figure I got via Google currency converter.

N40,171,640,000.00

All the ones they've collected, where are they?
Ole ngbe ole ngba!
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Zumbest(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2013
I wonder hw much dis man has stolen during his regime, God have mercy on dis country, frnds lets pray dat d money will nt b relooted cos dat is a simple fink 2 our leaders, abeg GEJ n Okonjo, use d money n pay ASUU pls.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by ollyboi123(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2013
Which stupid Rdevelopment .. Use everything on electricity ... Fools ..
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 14, 2013
I just converted this our general money into Naira and this is the figure I got via Google currency converter.

N40,171,640,000.00

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by chuksoyo21(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2013
iknopro: Why can't d fed govt just leave Abacha †☀ rest for Gods sake, the 3.2tr naira they recovered from him after his death what did they use it for, where is the money now, why not go recover the ones Babangida, OBJ and d rest of dem have or is it cos Abacha is no more alive. As far as am concern all Politicians are criminals.
seconded!
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by sham8co(m): 11:14am On Oct 14, 2013
D final bus stop of diz monies, if receive will be GEJ and ngozi 60~ 40. Pls stop deceiving us.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Ike77503(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2013
WTF they are still recovering this man's loot? From Obasanjo's regime they've been recovery ABACHA'S loot ....Nna mehnnnn, this man LOOT na record breaking !
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
oohh, this what abacha children hopes live on, thats why they says no matter what FG does, they will never be poor as DANGOTE for dat matter, now they will never be poor as SEUN lolz.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
[size=18pt]Nigerians need to realise when they are being deceived.

Abacha never actually looted a kobo

PDP goverments since Obasanjo have been deliberately claiming Abacha looted to distract us from their own massive and on-going looting.

Nigerian Youths sould shine their eyes.

Why would Abacha the so called total dictator need to use Shell companies to loot money?

How many of you realise that Abacha refused all world bank loans, this may explain why the corrupt world bank is happy to unfairly discredit and demonise Abacha.

https://www.nairaland.com/823498/sani-abacha-honest-one-nigerias/11[/size]

1 Like

Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by pet7: 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
nigerian money hav been wasted too much tru curruption in d midst of plenty there is want
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by pbling: 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
is beta 4 d world banks 2 hold it n use it dan ds devilish pple
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by SailorXY: 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
obayaya: 40 billion down, 460 billion to go....

I see ASUU strike ending soon cheesy
Stay there dey deceive yourself na grin
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by senatesam: 11:43am On Oct 15, 2013
Thank God Nigeria Don't have money to pay ASUU.

With just N1.00 per SMS, your can now send your SMS (Txt message) to several phones at the same time via the internet. So all you need is the internet and your SMSprovince account. Bulk WebSMS is the cheapest, most convenient and most effective means of sending message across to lots of people at the same time. Login to smsprovince.mobi now and register your own account.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by jaiykem: 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
O BOY SEE MONEY! SO THIS ABACHA OKPOLO EYE NO SMALL THINGS? GAL ANY BIG EYE PERSON, I SUPPOSE FEAR AM. 4RM SEGUN ARINZE 2 MY WIFE 2 BE.FEAR CATCH ME WELLA.
Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by 6cence: 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
Dead men don't talk!

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Is Back Without His Certificate / Donald Trump Is the 2016 US Republican Nominee / Buhari Begs For Peace In Guinea Bissau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.