Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

HTC Sensation Discussion Thread - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC Sensation Discussion Thread (27066 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 24, 2013
If you have a pc and want to root and upgrade ur HTC sensation or other, my best suggestion is for you to download Hanson toolkit ..... You must unlock bootloader , 2; flash recovery and upgrade your firmware if your hbot is not 1.27 or 1.29, or if u are coming from Gb........ Rooting is unnecessary if u want to flash custom Rom...........cos all custom Rom is already rooted.
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Obinnau(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2013
EMMAUGOH: If you have a pc and want to root and upgrade ur HTC sensation or other, my best suggestion is for you to download Hanson toolkit ..... You must unlock bootloader , 2; flash recovery and upgrade your firmware if your hbot is not 1.27 or 1.29, or if u are coming from Gb........ Rooting is unnecessary if u want to flash custom Rom...........cos all custom Rom is already rooted.
pls mine is unrooted. if I install custom rom, will my device be automatically rooted?
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by meemeee: 10:34am On Oct 24, 2013
Please, my Htc phone is _X515E. Just got it, do I need to also root it? it is presently on 2.3.4 how do i upgrade to 4.2. thanks for the info
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by ibrash600: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2013
EMMAUGOH: If you have a pc and want to root and upgrade ur HTC sensation or other, my best suggestion is for you to download Hanson toolkit ..... You must unlock bootloader , 2; flash recovery and upgrade your firmware if your hbot is not 1.27 or 1.29, or if u are coming from Gb........ Rooting is unnecessary if u want to flash custom Rom...........cos all custom Rom is already rooted.

thanks bro... please where can i download these software ''hanson toolkit''?
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by vinzita1(m): 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
of course, i experience such when ever i plug wrong charger, but now i bought the right charger for it. No problem on that.
But this very one, is like, is mis calibrating anyhow, especially whenever i unlock the screen.
I was even thinking that it need to be rooted inorder to increase the performance.
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by fnep2smooth(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
OMO IBO: fnep2smooth's experience is one of the reasons I hate tampering with my gadgets. I prefer to leave it as close as possible to the factory configuration.

Without pictorial explanation Somethibg is bound to go wrong.

fnep2smooth, I hope you get the problem sorted out.
thanks bro... I don root am n I also upgrade d firmware to the latest version tru d link emma gave me... am now scared to flats it wit custom Rom cos d one de uploaded in first page (4.1 jb) is about 9mb while d ones am seeing online is 132mb... so am confuse... any person with an idea on how to do it
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
fnep2smooth:
thanks bro... I don root am n I also upgrade d firmware to the latest version tru d link emma gave me... am now scared to flats it wit custom Rom cos d one de uploaded in first page (4.1 jb) is about 9mb while d ones am seeing online is 132mb... so am confuse... any person with an idea on how to do it
Bro ur Jst confusing yah self
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by fnep2smooth(m): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
maxdozie: Bro ur Jst confusing yah self
HOW
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
All custom Rom with sense amount to 500 + mb....... Viper 2:= is 509 so be sure before u originally brick ur phone ...unless cm + gapps is 130+ 90mb
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
ibrash600:

thanks bro... please where can i download these software ''hanson toolkit''?
Google is your friend ....
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
vinzita1: of course, i experience such when ever i plug wrong charger, but now i bought the right charger for it. No problem on that.
But this very one, is like, is mis calibrating anyhow, especially whenever i unlock the screen.
I was even thinking that it need to be rooted inorder to increase the performance.
bro am sorry to say that your touch pad is bad....rooting has nothing to do with calibration...your touch pad is in ikeja
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by noskeybaba: 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nice thread.

1 Like

Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by fnep2smooth(m): 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
I just download bbm on my HTC sensation 4g.... here is my pin 7C8643B6... let's ping
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
LET ME MAKE ITS SIMPLE FOR HTC SENSATION USER, HOW TO FULLY GAIN CONTROL OF THIER DEVICE,UNLOCKING,FLASHING RECOVERY,UPGRADIING FIRMWARE , ROOTING AND FLASHING CUSTOM ROM

FIRST OF ALL YOU WILL DOWNLOAD THIS ROOT KIT BY HASSON WHICH WILL CUT ALOT OF PROCESS SHORT FOR YOU LIKE SETTING ADB AND THE REST [url]here[/url]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1497404

AFTER THAT YOU WILL EXTRACT IT WITH WINRAR TO YOUR C; DRIVE

2. OPEN THE FILE AND LAUNCE THE "SENSATION APP" IN THE EXTRACTED FILE
3.INSTALL HTC DRIVER TO YOUR PC
4. REGISTER AT WWW.HTCDEV.COM
5.GET YOUR TOKEN ID ,JUST CLICK ON IT, IT WILL DO REST, THEN COPY THE TOKEN ID,COPY IT FROM WHERE IT STATES
<<<<<IDENTIFIER TOKEN START>>>>>> TO WHERE IT STATES <<<<<<IDENTIFIER TOKEN ENDS>>>>>>
ADD THOSE TWO REMARK OOO..
6.CLICK ON'SUBMIT TOKEN ID'........IT WILL TAKE YOU TO STEP 8 OF UNLOCKING HTCBOOTLOADER BUT IF IT DOES NOT TAKE YOU THEN YOU DO IT MANUALLY,JUST GO TO HTCDEV.COM, CLICK ON UNLOCKBOOOT LOADER ,FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION, CHOSE HTC SESATION 4G IF YOUR PHONE IS TMOBILE OR CHOSE SENSATION EUROPE IF YOUR PHONE IS HTC SENSATION XE OR Z7
,FOLLOW IT TO STEP 8 TO SUBMIT YOUR TOKEN ID ,THEN SUBMIT AND IF IT TELL YOUR SUBMITTED SUCCESFULL THEN U CAN GO TO YOUR EMAIL TO DOWNLOAD IT BUT IF NOT GET ANOTHER TOKEN ID AND SUBMIT TILL IT SAID SUBMITTED SUCCESFULLY.......
7.IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THE UNLOCKCOD.BIN , THEN FROM YOUR TOOL KIT CLICK ON UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ,SEARCH FOR THE UNLOCKTOKEN.BIN YOU DOWNLOADED AND FLASH IT TO YOUR PHONE, IF IT STATED FAILED BLA BLA BLA, OR THEN TRY COPY THE SENSATION ROOT KIT TO ANOTHER DRIVE IN YOUR SYSTEM AND TRY FROM THERE OR USE ANOTHER USB CABLE BUT BE SURE THE DRIVERS ARE INSTALLED SUCESSFULLY AND IT SHOW FASTBOOT USB....

9.IF YOUR UNLOCKTOKEN.BIN WAS FLASHED SUCCESFULLY YOU WILL SEE A MENU IN YOUR PHONE THAT WILL TELL YOU TO USE VOL+ BUTTOM TO SCROL UP AND VOL - TO SCROLL DOWN AND POWER BUT TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER, IT MAY NOT DO ANY THING JUST LEAVE IT AFTER A SMALL TIME , REVOVE YOUR BATTERY AND CHEAK YOUR BOOTLOADER YOU ARE MEANT TO SEE 'UNLOCKED' AT THE TOP
IF YOU ARE SUCCESFULL WITH THAT THEN MOVE TO THE NEXT WHICH IS FLASHING RECOVERY....
8. click on 4EXT IN THE TOOL KIT TO FLASH RECOVERY BUT KNOW THAT U MUST BE IN THE BOOTLOADER MENU TO DO THAT , YOU CAN
BOOT TO BOOTLOADER FROM THE TOOL KIT IF YOU AT HOME MENU OR DO IT MANUALLY VOL - +POWER BUTTON
9.CLICK ON PERMROOT IN KIT TO ROOT YOUR PHONE..WHAT IT DOES IS JSUT TO COPY SU.ZIP TO YOUR YOUR MEMORY CARD BOOT TO RECOVERY FROM KIT OR FROM BOOTLOADER ,CLICK ON INSTALL FROM SD CARD ,LOOK FOR THE SU.ZIP IN YOUR SD CARD AND CLIK ON IT ,IT WILL FLASH TO PHONE AND GO BACK IN THE RECOVERY AND REBOOT ....YOU WILL SEE SUPER SU IN THE FILE APPS ,YOUR PHONE IS ROOTED.

10. DOWNLOAD YOUR FAVORITE ROM FROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1112 ,BOOT TO RECOVERY , CLICK ON WIPEDATA/FACTORY RESET AND AFTER DAT WIPE CACHE/DALVIC CACHE AND GO BACK ,CLICK ON INSTALL FROM SD CARD LOOK FOR THE ROM AND INSTALL .REBOOT AND BEHOLD YOUR NEW ROM.

NB. ALLOW ANY DRIVER TO INSTALL
IF YOUR COMMAND IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN THE CMD WINDOW CHANGE THE KIT LOCATION FROM C DRIVE
BE SURE SOME CABLE DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY .
ALLOW USB DEBUGGING IN DEVELOPMENT MENU IN YOUR PHONE<<<<VERY IMPORTANT>>>>

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PHONE
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by cjudy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Good Friends. Pls help me like my Sister's picture and comment. Visit Miss Ada Ogwashi on Facebook and like the page. on the wall u will see many pictures. Scroll down until u see Okonjo Onyinye... like her picture and comment..... God bless u. If You need theemail to verify the bbm on android, let me no.......
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by elvis2nice: 3:07am On Oct 25, 2013
pls can I upgrade my HTC inspire 4g to 4.0
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2013
elvis2nice: pls can I upgrade my HTC inspire 4g to 4.0
yea bro u can.. Bt u hav to find the inspire rom... The one on dis thread is for htc sensation
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2013
if u need help guys u can add me on BBM 7B9926D7
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 25, 2013
[size=15pt] AL you owners of HTC SENSATION OWNERS", no need of adding one by one I think there is a group for all of you in BBM Group
... Just type "HTC SENSATION OWNERS"AND YOU ARE IN.... [/size]
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by elvis2nice: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2013
have been trying to upgrade to 4.0 , but is by working
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 9:00am On Oct 25, 2013
See msgs pple dey broadcast......If u receive any BBM request dat d pin starts wit 7, pls dnt accept. We dnt care if you use an iPhone, Tecno Phantom or Samsung S4, if you want 2 ping, buy a Blackberry...=)) Make tecno add tecno jare b4 dem go spoil person b3 and turn bbm 2 2go...=D =)) hav a lovely day =D =)).........................very funi
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
ibrash600: @ maxdozie, F.K.O, emmaugoh and others, kudos to you guys...

@ f.k.o & odas i have seen another link for rooting HTC sensation @ xda developer website
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1631861
So, i don't know which of these method is the best .... My HTC currently running on GB...
If I use HTC quick root method, how am I going to flash custom rom

Can you please explain step by step how to flash custom rom JB 4.1 based on stock? i don check d site, dem no explain how to flash am... Abeg i need ur help bro.

Thanks.
HAVE U FLASHED A RECOVERY
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by ibrash600: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
F.K.O:
HAVE U FLASHED A RECOVERY
I have not. I want to do the upgrading, rooting, flashing on sunday, so that's why i'm looking for the best method, i don't want to brick my phone... Plz is it compulsory i must unlock my phone or bootloader online at HTC website? HTC Sensation XE 2.3.4..

Btw, i have downloaded all the tool kits posted here including 4EXT Recovery
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Javanian: 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hey guys check out this app. it is a
whot! Game for Android Phones. Really
amazing game.

Download for free here: http://nextapps.mtnonline.com/app/detail/id/30576

Check out this thread for more:
www.nairaland.com/1492007/whot-game-android-phones

Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2013
EDITED MY TUTORIAL
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by TIMIJAT: 11:27am On Oct 26, 2013
Pls guys am using a htc my touch 4g......but I avent upgraded it yet to ginger bread 2.3.....cus I was told it might ave a problem wen am about roooting it.....pls is dat true....should I root it now orupgrade it first?......nd how risky is it....for me upgrading it to 4.2jb?
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 26, 2013
TIMIJAT: Pls guys am using a htc my touch 4g......but I avent upgraded it yet to ginger bread 2.3.....cus I was told it might ave a problem wen am about roooting it.....pls is dat true....should I root it now orupgrade it first?......nd how risky is it....for me upgrading it to 4.2jb?
https://www.nairaland.com/1353614/htc-mytouch-4g-discussion-thread
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by luvlyoracle(m): 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
if u r in enugu n u want to root ur fone,install custom roms,repair ur bricked fone etc......u cn hit me up on 08083549458. or
Email:sage_393@hotmail.com or ennaemeka8@gmail.com
Viber:08083549458
Whatsapp:08084549458
2go:sage115
#oracle
u cn also ping wit(bbm)ur gingerbread fone........just contact me.
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
BROKE MY SENSATION SCREEN FOR SECOND TIME ,GONNA SELL D DEVICE... HAS ANYBODY HERE USED HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by Obinnau(m): 1:37am On Oct 30, 2013
F.K.O:
BROKE MY SENSATION SCREEN FOR SECOND TIME ,GONNA SELL D DEVICE... HAS ANYBODY HERE USED HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2
yea that's what am using.

1 Like

Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2013
Obinnau: yea that's what am using.
SO I BOUGHT D DEVICE ....WANNA FLASSH A NEW ROM(MIMICRY) .... BTW WHAT ROM R U USING ?
Re: HTC Sensation Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2013
Obinnau: yea that's what am using.
hw dat device dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Is The 'Laplet' Gradually Replacing The Tablet? / 8 Stunning Features On The Tecno Spark 3 Pro / Five Features You Must Disable On New Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.