Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM (860 Views)

Nigeria Vs Egypt: African U23 Championship 2 - 2 On 2nd December. 2015 / Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by sweetiePe(f): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
October 15, 2013 5:00 PM
Baba Yara Stadium — Kumasi

Both sides are in form, strolling into the final qualifying round by comfortably topping their respective groups, and will gear up for the first leg of a massive tie in Kumasi

Ghana's bid to make a third successive World Cup finals will see them meet Egypt in the first leg of their play-off on Tuesday.

The Black Stars will enter the match in good form, having finished four points clear of 2012 African Cup of Nations champions Zambia at the top of qualifying Group D.

And they will be confident of building a lead in the home leg of the play-off, given their superb record in front of their own fans.

Ghana have not lost on home soil since February 2012, when they were defeated by Mali, with an 11-match unbeaten run on their own turf following that result.

However, coach Kwesi Appiah knows his side must not take their opponents for granted in the crucial first leg at the Baba Yara Stadium.

"It's a big game, a game which is important to all Ghanaians," he said. "Every member on my team is aware of that.

"Egypt are seven-time African champions and trying to reach the World Cup for the first time since 1990. That will give them some added boost going into the game.

"Their record in its sense means that we cannot look down on them. We can't get complacent. We have to prepare well and remain focused."

Appiah will be without one of his stars though, with Schalke attacker Kevin-Prince Boateng (knee) sidelined for the fixture.

Egypt were the only team in the group stage of qualifying in Africa to win all six of their matches, as they cruised into the play-offs on top of Group G.

Bob Bradley's side have played all of their home fixtures behind closed doors because of security concerns in the country, but that has not stopped the players as they bid to reach their first World Cup since 1990.

Egypt have not lost a competitive match since a 3-2 defeat to the Central African Republic in African Cup of Nations qualifying in June 2012, and Bradley is in a bullish mood ahead of the clash.

"We studied Ghana well," said the American coach. "We respect them, but at the same time we are a good team.

"We must be smart in Kumasi. We need to play with the right mentality; intellectually but with confidence."

The top scorers in African qualifying - Mohamed Salah and Mohamed Aboutrika - are both in the Egypt squad for the seventh meeting between the two nations.

Both sides have won agaisnt each other on two occasions, with Ghana winning the last encounter 3-0 in

http://www.rosyside.com/pt/Ghana-vs-Egypt-Preview-10.14.2013/discussion.htm
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by kaywhynoni: 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
Its going to be a crucial encounter........egypt all the way....FTC
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by EzePromoe: 4:21am On Oct 15, 2013
Goodluck Ghana
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by imperiouxx(m): 6:35am On Oct 15, 2013
Make this game begins abegi
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by rennylaw(m): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2013
i am supporting Ghana all the way. Best of luck to our noisy neighbours grin
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by lexyman(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2013
The noisy neighbor will surely carry the day ...expecting a very tough cracker though !
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by NaijNews: 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ghana I support you guys to win, but don't forget that "Hard working and prayer is all about success" One love to you all.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by ifyalways(f): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Black stars for life. cheesy

I hope the Ayew brothers would be playing,Dede especially?
And for our nosy neighbors wishing us failure,I say a big Kwasiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. cheesy .Una know unaselves.
Go black stars. Go baby jet. Yay

1 Like

Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by Harddaysnight(m): 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
Even though Ghana people na mumu people, i support make them win.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt Tommorrow At 5PM by oluplus(m): 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ghana wont find the match funny at all. Those pharaoh boys can be very dangerous. I still want to see Ghana in brazil , not Egypt.

(1) (Reply)

Desailly, Kalusha Say Okocha Has No Magic But Regret It. / Deleted football topic / Gareth Bale Wants Six Trophies Next Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.