Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? (799 Views)

Video Of Pregnant Child Ese Too Scared And Ashamed To Face Her Family. / Nigerians Need To Hit The Street For Protest Or We Will All Die / Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by mayorme(m): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
The news coming out of Nigeria of recent has been so embarrassing, depressing and frustrating. As if that's not enough, the one that touches me more was when I read about the 3billion Naira house. I was like what the hell is going on here, the same government that can't meet ASUU requirements, for crying out loud, the same leaders have been in power since I have been in primary school singing "parents listen to your children, we are the leaders of tomorrow". Even my teachers then are not leaders today.
We have seen protests in Egypt, if this is what Nigeria call democracy, it's a pity which makes me come to a conclusion of asking myself, are Nigerians cowards? Even the so called occupy Nigeria protest was more of a political rally, where some so called political party leaders that don't like PDP used that as an avenue to win the love of the people all in good tactics for their own personal advantages.
What is it to be hopeful about/for in Nigeria, if you are not born rich at least live a comfortable life, but every basic amenities we should be enjoying as an oil producing nation seems to have turned to luxury where only the rich have benefits to, health care, electricity, water, education, housing etc. Am not an anti-rich person (sic), but the difference between a rich person and any other person should not be in the aspect of basic amenities.
Imagine Cultist forming a union to fight crime with support from the Edo state Govt even traditional rulers sent in representatives, for once can we think as Nigerians and forget this our "E go better" notion about everything. Nigerian die of all sorts of unimaginable causes, why must I fast and pray for 7 days before I can travel by road or by air in Nigeria, people hop in their cars and drive for 17 or more hours in other countries abroad without anything happening to them, most Nigerians go to church/mosque or anywhere they wanna go just to ask their religious leaders to pray for them for journey mercies, yes its good to pray but not when it comes to driving 20-30 miles from one state to the other. We all know reasons of motor accidents, not that there are any witches sucking blood on highways. Why must a lady die at child birth?
Our parents failed to tackle this when they had the opportunities, but if we fail to rise up against all these mess, it's going to be more frustrating on our born/unborn kids.
This makes me ask the house, what do you enjoy or what are you proud of being a Nigerian? I believe Nairaland is a very powerful means to reach at many Nigerians with like minds to help discuss how we can change Nigeria and move this country forward.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by slimfit1(m): 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
I brd we are not in a critical situation yet when real poverty hit us we shall all stand up. But for now let the suffering continue.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by mayorme(m): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
@slim fit, what does I brd mean?
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Agimor(m): 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nigerians are the most patience citizen in the world,with the attitude of he go better.suffering but smilling.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by mayorme(m): 1:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Agimor seconded, but thats not gonna help the situation on ground, even getting worse
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
Op you talked about Egypt protest and you expect Nigerians to emulate them, what have the Egyptians gained from their protests?

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by mayorme(m): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mubarak stepped down after 18 days of demonstrations during the 2011 Egyptian revolution, it might look like they have not gained anything from it in your own point of view, but this goes a Long way telling Nigerians that power belongs to the people, not the leaders.
The only problem I think we have in Nigeria is that we don't have the same views on certain matters that needs urgent attention.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Tuntheycr7: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
K
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Waspy(m): 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
Who will bell the cat Fela will be pissed off all over...I think we are REASONABLY stoic, cautious and cowardly. Who wants to die frm parcel bomb or plane crash, or jailed or have his mum thrown out of the window, or assasinated or executed, and later 9ja pple will say, Who send am?. Naija can be a funny place. One day sha, the bushmeats go catch these hunters.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by bloggernaija: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
The churches and mosque are doing a good job putting jobless nigerians into good use.
I am very sure that million of them attended services on Monday morning rather than doing something productive
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Sloan: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
Una never suffer reach! Ori yin a pa danu fun iya ajekudorogbo! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Rossikk(m): 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
mayorme: The news coming out of Nigeria of recent has been so embarrassing, depressing and frustrating. As if that's not enough, the one that touches me more was when I read about the 3billion Naira house. I was like what the hell is going on here, the same government that can't meet ASUU requirements, for crying out loud, the same leaders have been in power since I have been in primary school singing "parents listen to your children, we are the leaders of tomorrow". Even my teachers then are not leaders today.
We have seen protests in Egypt, if this is what Nigeria call democracy, it's a pity which makes me come to a conclusion of asking myself, are Nigerians cowards? Even the so called occupy Nigeria protest was more of a political rally, where some so called political party leaders that don't like PDP used that as an avenue to win the love of the people all in good tactics for their own personal advantages.
What is it to be hopeful about/for in Nigeria, if you are not born rich at least live a comfortable life, but every basic amenities we should be enjoying as an oil producing nation seems to have turned to luxury where only the rich have benefits to, health care, electricity, water, education, housing etc. Am not an anti-rich person (sic), but the difference between a rich person and any other person should not be in the aspect of basic amenities.
Imagine Cultist forming a union to fight crime with support from the Edo state Govt even traditional rulers sent in representatives, for once can we think as Nigerians and forget this our "E go better" notion about everything. Nigerian die of all sorts of unimaginable causes, why must I fast and pray for 7 days before I can travel by road or by air in Nigeria, people hop in their cars and drive for 17 or more hours in other countries abroad without anything happening to them, most Nigerians go to church/mosque or anywhere they wanna go just to ask their religious leaders to pray for them for journey mercies, yes its good to pray but not when it comes to driving 20-30 miles from one state to the other. We all know reasons of motor accidents, not that there are any witches sucking blood on highways. Why must a lady die at child birth?
Our parents failed to tackle this when they had the opportunities, but if we fail to rise up against all these mess, it's going to be more frustrating on our born/unborn kids.
This makes me ask the house, what do you enjoy or what are you proud of being a Nigerian? I believe Nairaland is a very powerful means to reach at many Nigerians with like minds to help discuss how we can change Nigeria and move this country forward.
Yawwwnnnnnn. Start with YOURSELF. If you want to help Nigeria or be a good Nigerian, go pick up a child hawker on the street and give them an education. Then leave others to do their bit. The problem with posts like yours is that they are always fingerpointing at OTHERS. It is always the fault of OTHER Nigerians. You are "blameless". That's what needs to change.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Sloan: 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fela, Solarin, Gani, Soyinka, etc have fought for Nigerians and are still fighting (the ones still with us) until their last breath! It is time for them to take a break, let these useless Nigerian people suffer! Let the "na our oyel" people and the "i before other" people suffer! Even if a senseless Yoruba person supports a man eating N 1 B food per annum, flying a fleet of 10 aircrafts costing N 9 B per annum in maintenance while collecting only N 18 K minimum wage per month, abeg let these things suffer until their heads become bald like that of a vulture! Iya lo ma ba to yin je danu eyin oloribu yiii grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
Rossikk: Yawwwnnnnnn. Start with YOURSELF. If you want to help Nigeria or be a good Nigerian, go pick up a child hawker on the street and give them an education. Then leave others to do their bit. The problem with posts like yours is that they are always fingerpointing at OTHERS. It is always the fault of OTHER Nigerians. You are "blameless". That's what needs to change.

People like you are the people Nigerians need to ignore should we real;ly be ready to fight for a better tomorrow.

Look, rossikk, your grave is one lonely pit hole. Every human has one. The right thing you didn't do will become the bad thing you'll experience in your grave. Everyone and his conscience when they die. How clear is your conscience?

Think bro. Hell is not fire, it's a burning conscience that scorches the soul...

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Rossikk(m): 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
0lumide:

People like you are the people Nigerians need to ignore should we real;ly be ready to fight for a better tomorrow.

Look, rossikk, your grave is one lonely pit hole. Every human has one. The right thing you didn't do will become the bad thing you'll experience in your grave. Everyone and his conscience when they die. How clear is your conscience?

Think bro. Hell is not fire, it's a burning conscience that scorches the soul...
Abeg get lost. It is people like YOU that are costing this country. Noise makers only good for criticising others while doing fck all themselves to better anyone else's lives but your own. When last I'd you call a poor child on the street and give him money to buy food? Wicked thing. If government failed the kid, must YOU also fail him or her? Folks like you drive by in your airconditioned Jeeps, sniffing your noses at the poor, then come in here to pontificate rubbish. Abeg commot here. At the gates of heaven when they ask you what little thing you did to make your neighbour's life better, tell them Jonathan did not let you. Idio.tt.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by johndwayy(m): 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
@op, i wud say nigerians are scared for a mass protest and just don't care too. #simple
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by marel1: 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nigerians and copy copy. So becasuse they had mass protests in egypt, libya etc you guys now believe that is the solution? Sorry bro there won't any protests here, take your message elsewhere.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by mayorme(m): 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
It's not a matter of copy copy like you say it, people protest every where around the world, I remember in Turkey, people protesting cos they were trying to impose Islamic laws on the citizens. Protests don't have to be violent, it's just a way if making the government know that we are the tax payers and we work hard for the hard earned money they wasting on their unaccounted for expenditures.
marel1: Nigerians and copy copy.

So becasuse they had mass protests in egypt, libya etc you guys now believe that is the solution? Sorry bro there won't any protests here, take your message elsewhere.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Vado(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
Absence of collective Nationalism won't let us. Everybody is tribalized. Only intense poverty/hunger or massive drought cutting across all regions and classes can spark that kind of thing bruh.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by mayorme(m): 7:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Vado: Absence of collective Nationalism won't let us. Everybody is tribalized. Only intense poverty/hunger or massive drought cutting across all regions and classes can spark that kind of thing bruh.
Well said!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
I think we are ready, at least I know I am, but the thing is as Nigerians we always wait for someone to try first. All we(I) need is someone to lead the way like martin luther and I promise you, you will be surprised.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Rossikk: Yawwwnnnnnn. Start with YOURSELF. If you want to help Nigeria or be a good Nigerian, go pick up a child hawker on the street and give them an education. Then leave others to do their bit. The problem with posts like yours is that they are always fingerpointing at OTHERS. It is always the fault of OTHER Nigerians. You are "blameless". That's what needs to change.

From someone that was blaming whites for our condition today in the other thread, seems u are related to those cursed leaders.
Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by gerald09(m): 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nigerians are not cowards, we have so much hate amongst ourselves which is being used against Nigerians. Who will protest for who? Each tribe, each religion, each political party, each individual hate the other person just cos the speak different language, the have different believes, the are affiliated with a different party or the have a finer car. Use Nairaland as an example and u'll c the inability for Nigerians to agree on 1 principle. I don't c d yourbas coming together with d igbo in embrace to protest with 1 voice.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Too Scared For A Mass Protest, Or We Just Don't Care??? by ujoinme: 5:39am On Oct 15, 2013
@OP please why dont you go to any public place like a market with a litre of petrol pour it all over you and set your self on fire like the Tunisian guy who started the Arab spring protest did?

When we see you burn yourself to death then we will know you are serious about public protest and we will all join you. I unbehalf of all nairalanders promise not to let you die in vain. LOL Unam Ikot.

(1) (Reply)

National Conference: Charles Novia Fires Harsh Words At Tinubu / Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? / National Conference: Ndubuisi Kanu & Other Igbo Leaders Meet IN Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.