Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Find Some Inspiration Here:the Distance Between Two Points. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Find Some Inspiration Here:the Distance Between Two Points. (426 Views)

Distance From Ikotun, Bariga And Gbagada To Surulere / Police Arrest Boy Who Killed His Father At RCCG Camp Over Prayer Points / Beware Of Trailer Drivers On Long Distance Journeys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Find Some Inspiration Here:the Distance Between Two Points. by Appswheel(m): 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
What is the distance between Yesterday and Tomorrow? Leave your answer as a comment to this article (State your unit of measurement and why).

You have a reward for reading this article if you are one of the first 5 persons to send in the most creative answer or contribution to the question above.

Fine Arts used to be one of my favourite subjects in Junior Secondary School; I looked forward to the class which normally held at the Fine Arts lab. The subject was taught by Mr. Osayi, a middle aged soft spoken teacher who had a good mastery of his subject. The approach he employed in teaching the subject made me fall in love with his class and the subject.

Just yesterday, I ran my mind back on some of the moments I had in the Fine Art lab. It was a worthwhile exercise as it births the article you are running your eyes through and the lessons this writing hold.

I recalled these terms motif, mosaic, tonal value, perspective drawing. It was interesting to know I could still define them as were taught 13 years ago. Also, I recalled a particular session on the Composition of a Drawing. Lines he said (Mr. Osayi) are a major component of drawings and defined a Line as the distance between two points. Examples of lines include:

Dash
Dotted
Hidden
Zig-Zag
Continuous
etc

I concluded the recollection with the memory of the 2000/2001 Junior WAEC (West African Examination Council) Fine art examination. One of the questions in the practical section read; Make a side view drawing of the person seated by your side. I looked to my left and right. To my right was Samuel Ebune, to my left was Amara Onyejekwe (Now Mrs. Onyia). I had no second thought at whose side view to draw - Amara (the beautiful daughter of my Home Economics teacher). The only “regrets” I had was not showing her the beautiful drawing I made. For the records, I made an “A” in the examination.

Now you wonder what lesson my flash back holds. Did you know that continue reading http://knowbase.appswheel.com/motivational-piece-the-distance-between-two-points/

(1) (Reply)

US Classifies Boko Harm, Ansaru As Foreign Terrorist Organizations / The Difference Time Makes / Jacob Zuma Announces Mandela's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.