Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Website Like Facebook - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Website Like Facebook (1083 Views)

How Will You Create A Website Like Photocollage.net / Who Can Build A Site Like FACEBOOK? / How To Build A Forum Website Like Nairaland .com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Like Facebook by Akeks(m): 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pls guys what will it take to build a website with some programmed specifications and a larg data base like facebooks?
Re: Website Like Facebook by GideonG(m): 1:03am On Oct 15, 2013
I know how to do it in PHP and MySQL
Re: Website Like Facebook by Djtm(m): 4:49am On Oct 15, 2013
Akeks: Pls guys what will it take to build a website with some programmed specifications and a larg data base like facebooks?
time and or money
Re: Website Like Facebook by Akeks(m): 5:58am On Oct 17, 2013
GideonG: I know how to do it in PHP and MySQL

k. Can u send me ur email pls. Or reply d one i sent tru naira lnd.
Re: Website Like Facebook by GideonG(m): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2013
My email is in my profile. Time is the problem, I rather put you through to do it on your own! It will help build your skills in the future
Re: Website Like Facebook by kambo(m): 9:05am On Oct 18, 2013
php and <insert database name>
will not build u a functional facebook.
Else facebook wouldnt hire teams of computer scientists and mathematicians, if code writing is all they needed they cud get kids and high skul drop outs to churn out code.

1 Like

Re: Website Like Facebook by codeManiac(m): 11:22am On Oct 18, 2013
Facebook didnt start out with mathematicians and algorithms,it started with coders/hackers
Re: Website Like Facebook by kambo(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mathematically adept coders and hackers.
The back side of facebook is mor mathematical/statistical than the average hacker can handle.
Face has a fast php compiler - not stuff for lay hackers.
Facebook is essentially an optimized graph - not stuff for lay coders.
Facebook collates and analyses seas of user data to predict user trends - not stuff for lay coders.
U need statistics,ai (machine learning etc) for these things.
Facebook must b kept responsive inspite of ernormous traffic and activities on the site - meaning , efficient algorithms must b crafted - think computer science/math majors (bsc,msc,phds), distributed code, etc.
Again,not stuff 4 lay coders.
Point- knowledge of php alone,etc wont cut it.
The most universal applications on the planet ar created by computer scientists/mathematicians (self taught or college educated) and not just lay programmers.
There's a place 4 d lay coder , in facebook workplace but its grunge work, the stars engineers are formally trained.
Re: Website Like Facebook by codeManiac(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
Oga...fb didnt start wif dose grammars,i wonder if mark knew dem @ dat tym,it was facemash(polls conducted by student on 2 pictures 2 decide wich is hot or not) every odat tin fb is 2day was added lata on...more n more improvements everyday...they wrote anoda php compiler 4 speed issues...
Re: Website Like Facebook by kambo(m): 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
codeManiac:
Oga...fb didnt start wif dose grammars,i wonder if mark knew dem @ dat tym,it was facemash(polls conducted by student on 2 pictures 2 decide wich is hot or not) every odat tin fb is 2day was added lata on...more n more improvements everyday...they wrote anoda php compiler 4 speed issues...

"wonder if he knew them @ d time"
mark was a cs student at the time he started fb.
He got d idea seeded after taking a class in graph theory.

"facebook didnt start with all these grammer"
google didnt start with Big Table or google Fs.
Software evolves.
Zuckerberg had cut his teeth on writing intelligent apps like synapse which microsoft was so impressed with they wanted to hire mark right there but he declined the offer to go to school.
U dont impress MS with hueristics.
Synapse was an AI application.
You dont write efficient ai with heuristics.
If zuckerberg were just a lay coder , he wudnt b able to direct fb strategy. U can see tht the tech wrld best startups are often directed by technical persons-few succeed otherwise.
It all boils down to math over heuristics.
Re: Website Like Facebook by codeManiac(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
9ice...totally agree wit u...please see dis clip "wat most schools dont teach"...nd datz y we hav so many potentials being discouraged 2day...which category are you sir?
Re: Website Like Facebook by Ajibel(m): 12:17am On Oct 20, 2013
Facebook evolved gradually. Mark's ambition for FB when it started is different from what we have nau. To build sth 'close' to FB, you'd need more knowledge and both human n financial resources to compete with it "which i doubt" is ur intention
Re: Website Like Facebook by ades111(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
GideonG: My email is in my profile. Time is the problem, I rather put you through to do it on your own! It will help build your skills in the future
elo bro,abeg i nid ur help in order to put me thru hw to build a forum similar to "myschool.com.ng"

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know With N150,000 You Can Have A Messaging Application Like Whatsapp / Where Can I Upload My Desktop Application? / Help: PHP Mysqli Procedural API Problem With Prepare Functions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.