Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband (693 Views)

Protesters Sleep On The Road To Demand Saraki's Resignation / N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security / Non-Indigenes Of Lagos March To INEC Office To Demand PVCs (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by DeLaRue: 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wetin man no go hear for this country!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24524707

Police in south-eastern Nigeria have arrested a woman who allegedly faked her own kidnap to demand a ransom from her husband. Nancy Chukwu is accused of conspiring with a man to stage her abduction in the city of Enugu and asking for 200,000 naira.

But the husband went to the police who then detained his wife and her alleged accomplice.

Kidnapping is a lucrative business in south-east Nigeria, correspondents say.

Mrs Chukwu, a housewife and trader, reportedly gave her husband's phone number to her alleged accomplice - an Okada man.

The man then called Mr Chukwu's husband and - pretending to be a kidnapper - demanded the money to be paid into an account if he wanted to see his wife again.

The woman is believed to have hidden herself with the man, waiting to get a positive response from the husband - Marcus Chukwu. But rather than pay the money, he went to the police who eventually traced the bank account to a friend of the motorcyclist.

Mrs Chukwu and the alleged accomplice were arrested, and a police spokesman later said they both confessed to the crime.

The husband said he was shocked by the alleged involvement of his wife.

It was not immediately clear if the incident would end their marriage, the BBC's Chris Ewokor in Abuja says. Lol!

This BBC reporter is a desperado. Of all the things happening in Nigeria, it's this rubbish story he can file to his masters in London.
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by kaywhynoni: 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
undecided :oFunny woman
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by delpee(f): 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Silly woman! Idle journalist!!
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by idupaul: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
I must be a prophet , before even opening the thread I guessed the woman's name and I was very right.

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
idupaul: I must be a prophet , before even opening the thread I guessed the woman's name and I was very right.

Hehhehheeeed...you dey look for trouble this night oooo cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ndiofemmanu food is ready. Seun front page as usual, you know what I mean
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by Andyblaze: 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
kidnapping is a lucrative business in south east nigeria
Seriously Lucrative business grin
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by Tuntheycr7: 11:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
I knw it can neva b iya Halimat, iya Adekunle or iya Bunmi. Only in that part of d world.
The woman shud b flogged and sent back to her parents

3 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by T8ksy(m): 12:11am On Oct 15, 2013
Tuntheycr7: I knw it can neva b iya Halimat, iya Adekunle or iya Bunmi. Only in that part of d world.
The woman shud b flogged and sent back to her parents

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by jaryeh(m): 4:26am On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 15, 2013
dose pple can do sh.it fo money, thank God she dd nt organise the husband's kidnapp or murder!
Re: Woman Arrested After Faking Her Own Kidnap To Demand Ransom From Husband by GeneralJ(m): 6:30am On Oct 15, 2013
politics section contains this why?

(1) (Reply)

Why Ifeanyi Ubah Is The Peoples Choice / If You Were The President Of Nigeria / Stella Oduah In Fresh Trouble; N255m Armored Cars Missing In NSA’s security List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.