Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? (1499 Views)

What Are Your Expectations For Me @ 40 / Bizarre: Snake Withdraws Money From ATM Machine In Zimbabwe / Areo Contractor Debited Me Twice For Online Booking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Songitto(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
I went to first bank today to collect the money sent to us to buy ram for ileya,i entered the amount i want to withdraw,the atm machine process the money for like 1 minute,but it didnt bring the 40k, i only see YOUR TRANSACTION WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED and it return my card,pls nairalanders what can i do to get d money back tomorow moring to use it for its purpose, coz we all knew that all bank will not open till wednesday,ur advice pls
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by seedord247(m): 12:01am On Oct 15, 2013
Contact the nearest babalawo. grin
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Elfree: 12:03am On Oct 15, 2013
Jst wait till wednesday or thursday go 2 ur bank,report 2 customer care,dey'll give u a form,fill it nd u'll get ur money bak in few days

1 Like

Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by 46arcadez(m): 12:13am On Oct 15, 2013
U ar not serious, carry the machine to ur house
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Babe2sure(f): 12:21am On Oct 15, 2013
Songitto: I went to first bank today to collect the money sent to us to buy ram for ileya,i entered the amount i want to wildraw,the atm machine process the money for like 1 minute,but it didnt bring the 40k, i only see YOUR TRANSACTION WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED and it return my card,pls nairalanders what can i do to get d money back tomorow moring to use it for its purpose, coz we all knew that all bank will not open till wednesday,ur

advice pls

I have had the same experience at Access bank.It happened around 8p.m,I pressed 40K the ATM showed,the transaction was not successful αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ returned my card.The other ATM's in the premises ɑ̤̥̈̊я̲̣̣̥є̲̣̣̣̥ off so I went back home thinking their is no money in the ATM.
On getting home about 10mins later,I got alert on my phone that I had been debited 40k.I was so afraid, all my thought was maybe after I left the money came out αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ the next person after me cashed it.So I went back to the bank αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ reported to the security man there.He told me that next time I should not be pressing 40k at once because it doesn't work that I should split it to 20k αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ I wondered why they should but 40k there even when they know the machine cannot process it at once.He said it is a common occurence there.I reported to the member of staff the next day,but suffice to say it took them 2weeks to rectify the problem,because they had to get authorization from their Head office to refund the money αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ those one's will need to verify if your claim is true.I was made to believe that it happened to three of us that particular day.

@OP
Don't expect that they will process it that fast, even if the next day is a working day.You know banks αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ their protocol.
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Mynd44: 1:51am On Oct 15, 2013
The ATM machines does a self search at midnight and corrects it's errors so I won't be surprised if you are paid back at midnight or early today.

In some cases, the machine does not see this error and you will need to contact you financial institution to refund your money. Your money is safe so just relax and don't panic
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Lollypee(m): 7:01am On Oct 15, 2013
no offence...... Their is nufin lik ATM machine. Its either ATM or Automated Teller Machine.
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Songitto(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2013
THANK YOU ALL, EVEN DOES ABUSE.....,I UNDERSTOOD YOUR LANGUAGE,I WILL GO AND CHECK THE MONEY WETHER IT HAS BEEN REVERSE. ONE LOVE
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Songitto(m): 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
AV WENT BACK TO CHECK,THEY AV'NT REVERSE THE MONEY,HOPE THIS CASE WILL BE RESOLVE?, PANIC MOOD ACTIVATED.....
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Mynd44: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Songitto: AV WENT BACK TO CHECK,THEY AV'NT REVERSE THE MONEY,HOPE THIS CASE WILL BE RESOLVE?, PANIC MOOD ACTIVATED.....
Make a complaint after the holidays. You will get your money back
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Gboliwe: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
ATMs don't pay more than 20k at once. Next time be more patient
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Mynd44: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Gboliwe: ATMs don't pay more than 20k at once. Next time be more patient
Some pay 40K as maximum
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Gboliwe: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Some pay 40K as maximum
what banks?
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Mynd44: 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
Gboliwe:
what banks?
I used a First Bank ATM in Ibadan that dispensed 40K at once last month
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Gboliwe: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
I used a First Bank ATM in Ibadan that dispensed 40K at once last month
really? Thats strange. All the FBN ATMs i've used dont pay more than 20k.
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Mynd44: 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Gboliwe:
really? Thats strange. All the FBN ATMs i've used dont pay more than 20k.
Well they are not really common. I think it is the new ones sha.
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by UjSizzle(f): 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
Go back after Sallah and make your complaint. Your account will be credited, but it will take a while.
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Songitto(m): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2013

Av learnt moi lesoon,thank u bro.
Re: Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? by Songitto(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2013

Av learnt moi lesoon,thanks bro.

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Messages/symbol At Times Square & Brazil / CONOIL Filling Station Opposite NNPC Towers In Abuja Is Currently On Fire. / Nigeria Woman Striped Fully Naked For Having Sex With Another Woman's Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.