Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) (850 Views)

22 Killed In Mosque Bombing In Maiduguri - Aljazeera News / Nigerian Soldiers Recover A Jeep Loaded With Bomb In Maiduguri / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Mosque, Kills Many (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by Datiboboi: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2013
Bomb in mosque kills Afghan governor
Last updated 39 minute ago

The governor of Afghanistan's Logar province has been killed in a blast in a mosque, during prayers for the Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha.

Arsala Jamal was standing at the front of the mosque greeting worshippers when a bomb hidden under a table detonated.

At least 15 people were injured, and several are said to be in a critical condition, Mr Jamal's spokesman said.

Logar is south of the capital, Kabul, and the Taliban increasingly control much of the countryside.

The attack took place at Logar's main mosque in the provincial capital of Pul-i-Alam, said spokesman Din Mohammed Darwesh.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Increasingly lawless
Mr Jamal was appointed as governor in April after returning to Afghanistan from Canada. Previously he was governor of another eastern province, Khost.

He was an expert in rural development, who had worked for foreign NGOs before being appointed to government positions.

The attack comes just days after the arrest of senior Pakistan Taliban commander, Latif Mehsud, by US forces. He was said to be a confidante of the Pakistani Taliban leader, Hakimullah Mehsud.

Logar and its neighbouring province Wardak have become increasingly lawless in recent years, says the BBC's David Loyn, in Kabul.

The insecurity threatens the southern fringes of Kabul, and thousands of people have fled to the capital in response, our correspondent says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24530600

Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by Datiboboi: 7:32am On Oct 15, 2013
~
Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by sammyyoung2(m): 7:33am On Oct 15, 2013
For me.....religion supremacy and fights is what is gonna end the world....for we christians, God purposely made this religious difference a test of faith, and my personal assumption of the world end is....religious fight is gonna kill everyone on earth, then jesus comes, shakes his head and takes away the faithfuls.

Let we christians keep the HOPE alive coz our JESUS is alive

1 Like

Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by Controversy: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2013
RIP
I expect that in Nigeria northern state
Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by cutestA: 7:46am On Oct 15, 2013
RIP
Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by Tuntheycr7: 7:49am On Oct 15, 2013
Controversy:
I expect that in Nigeria northern state

1 Like

Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by soma042(m): 7:51am On Oct 15, 2013
We are tired of r.i.p, some religion should be decimated if we really want peace in this world simple.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 15, 2013
I'm begining to see reasons with Pagan 9ja of nairaland, you don't ever get to hear that a bomb detonated in a shrine,it is always church and mosque. Fellow christians,I hope I'm not loosing my faith?

1 Like

Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by 99100(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2013
sammy.young:
For me.....religion supremacy and fights is what is gonna end the world....for we christians, God purposely made this religious difference a test of faith, and my personal assumption of the world end is....religious fight is gonna kill everyone on earth, then jesus comes, shakes his head and takes away the faithfuls.

Let we christians keep the HOPE alive coz our JESUS is alive
Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by Infomizer(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2013
We are a crazy species.
Just a quick question, do the 'RIP' folks here mean 'rest in pieces'?
Re: Bomb In Mosque Kills Afghan Governor during Eid ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Religion of peace strickes again, i wonder why people keep on following death path in the name of religion.God makes man and he can't take pleasure in human destruction. Anyone whose religion permits killing should exermine his/her particular god.

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Threaten Strike Over Transfer To Troubled States / Hundreds Die Daily In Nigeria Due To Violence .... CNN Report / APC Leaders In Port Harcourt To Woo Governor Amaechi — LIVE UPDATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.