Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,191 members, 7,864,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models (616 Views)

Male Role Models / The Best Role Models For Your Kids In The New Year(pix) / Is It Right To Live With One's Educated Parents As A Married Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2013
I came across an article talking about the necessity of having either or both of your parents as role models....my question here is this:is it obligatory?would it hurt your parents if they get to know that they didn't live up as good role models?I need your comments....
Re: Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models by Afam4eva(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2013
Is it a general role model or parenting role model? You mustn't really but don't let them know of it.
Re: Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models by Illuminatus(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2013
Who says that? Anyway, I don't have roles models (in Jenifa's voice). My father is the last person I would even consider as one.
Re: Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Is it a general role model or parenting role model? You mustn't really but don't let them know of it.
both general and parenting role models

1 Like

Re: Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models by Kanwulia: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sometimes yes. . . ! kiss
Re: Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models by tpia5: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
If they are not, no need whining about it, just find someone to emulate, you dont have to actually know or stalk the person either.

1 Like

Re: Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Is anybody really worthy of emulation undecided,am yet to meet such a person.
Re: Must You Have Your Parents As Your Role Models by greatgod2012(f): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
The truth is that, we all know the type of parents we have, we all know those who are emulatable(if there is an english of such) and those who are not, if they are, emulate them, make them your models, if they are not, there should be no whining about that, choose your models, it could even be someone you never see before, but have read so many things about.
As for me, I can't and will never make my dad my model and as for my mum, not in every area, but definitely in parenting.
So, in a nutshell, it depends on the type of parent one has.
May God help us all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Step By Step Bed Bug Treatment Guide -chogon Facilites Services Ltd / Prince George's Christening Portraits Revealed—see The Royal Family In The Offic / Mom Accused Of Offering Her 4-year-old Daughter Through Online Prostitution Ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.