Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Drop It - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Drop It - Winning Each Day Devotional (481 Views)

Post-dated Praise Part 2 - Winning Each Day Devotional / Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drop It - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Oct 13, 2013

DROP IT

1 Pet 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

There are many born again Christians who are heavily weighed down. They would rather carry their burdens themselves than give it over to God so they can carry on with their 'woe-is-me' act. They look to others for sympathy and are frustrated when it is not forth coming. Such Christians cannot go far in life because they end up being dragged down by those burdens.

God did not create you to suffer through life. He has made it so that you can breeze through life with ease. He has volunteered to carry those weights for you if only you would humble yourself long enough to admit that you are not strong enough carry it on your own.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

You make God irrelevant in your life when you insist on carrying every burden yourself. You tell Him that you do not need Him in your life when you do this.

We are to cast our burdens on God everyday! How? Write out everything that has you worried and commit them all to God everyday! You can be assured that there will always be people who will say things against you daily. They will misconstrue the confidence and lightness of heart you have gained by casting off your cares on Jesus. When those issues are no longer a source of worry; when others cannot rile you with their snide remarks about those issues, then have you truly cast them all to God.

With burdens weighing you down, you will be unable to focus on God's faithfulness. His favour which surrounds you like a shield will seem to be an unattainable reality as you will be blinded by worry.

PRAYER: Lord I drop it all at your feet - my fears, my hopes, my past and my future

FURTHER READING: John 14:27, Psalm 55:22

(1) (Reply)

Cry No More / [scary Pic] Real Or Just An Illusion?? / Pope Francis Named Time's Person Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.