Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? (17715 Views)

Please Convert This US Shoe Sizes To Nigerian Shoe Sizes / A Nairalander Proffers Solution To Epileptic Power & Unemployment As Seen On TV / Swift Networks Acquires Direct On Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
Any info on their coverage areas? Abuja included?
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by confluence: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
@ arbitrage please i needed your advice on the yah click internet connection, what bandwidth plan where you running on the yah click and how much are you paying?
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
confluence: @ arbitrage please i needed your advice on the yah click internet connection, what bandwidth plan where you running on the yah click and how much are you paying?

Sorry for late response. I chose one of their promo packages, which was 1 Mbps at N9,300 per month. That comes with a free Ka band equipment (satellite dish and modem, etc) with installation cost of 35k. Total initial cost inclusive of the installation fee and 3 months upfront subscription was about N66k.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
arbitrage:

Sorry for late response. I chose one of their promo packages, which was 1 Mbps at N9,300 per month. That comes with a free Ka band equipment (satellite dish and modem, etc) with installation cost of 35k. Total initial cost inclusive of the installation fee and 3 months upfront subscription was about N66k.

How good is yahclick in general? In terms of internet speed/uptime? A reply would be appreciated.

(I plan to use it outside lagos though)
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2013
2ndOGA:

How good is yahclick in general? In terms of internet speed/uptime? A reply would be appreciated.

(I plan to use it outside lagos though)

Uptime is 99% everyday so far. Below is the speed as at October 17.

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by confluence: 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
@arbitrage, the speed as at 17th october you posted did not show, please reattach the screen shot
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 12:14am On Oct 29, 2013
confluence: @arbitrage, the speed as at 17th october you posted did not show, please reattach the screen shot

Which connection or device are you using and what internet browser version? Ask other readers to confirm what I am seeing clearly here please.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by Tochi4life: 6:33am On Oct 29, 2013
Finally got the lte modem this is my speed this morning. It was higher like 18mbps last week

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by tundebj(m): 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
obinna5000:

For the meantime, It works only in Lagos.
2 bad and i hope it wl nt b like starcomm...
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by tundebj(m): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
arbitrage:

is this yahclick promo stil on, can it b usd for a medium cybercafe? Say 10 systems, Outside lagos?
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by tundebj(m): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
arbitrage:

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by austinkenneth: 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
I know this much better than what we had before but I thought 4G LTE should have speeds of up to 299.6 Mbps. Does the <30 Mbps not mean we have a lot of room for improvement?
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
tundebj: is this yahclick promo stil on, can it b usd for a medium cybercafe? Say 10 systems, Outside lagos?

Good question! Simply go to yahclick.com.ng for your answers.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by tundebj(m): 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
arbitrage:

Good question! Simply go to yahclick.com.ng for your answers.
pls help, most times users experience is what makes the diference, what is dis service like?, som1 said 99%, any other view. Make man no enter one chance, i beg help
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
tundebj: pls help, most times users experience is what makes the diference, what is dis service like?, som1 said 99%, any other view. Make man no enter one chance, i beg help

The YahClick is more available than the Swift for me. Swift usually has frequent downtime that I wouldn't know if it is signal problem or the 4G LTE equipment whereas my CoolLink YahClick is still having better uptime. Swift has better speed.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by brown3: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
arbitrage:

The YahClick is more available than the Swift for me. Swift usually has frequent downtime that I wouldn't know if it is signal problem or the 4G LTE equipment whereas my CoolLink YahClick is still having better uptime. Swift has better speed.
hi bro! I was trying to post you on how i whent through sending money from Nigeria to jamaican but i couldn't post in that in that thread opened. I have not send the money yet, most of the staff where i bank dont have domiciliary account. Bro Please could you help me with your the domiciliary account or can you link me up with some one with domiciliary account? You can reach me on 08172739347 or victorbrown116@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by abhosts(m): 8:23am On Nov 13, 2013
What is the Latest Speed Test for the Swift 4G LTE? Thinking of getting one.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 11:10am On Nov 13, 2013
abhosts: What is the Latest Speed Test for the Swift 4G LTE? Thinking of getting one.

This is the speed I am seeing this morning. I guess more people on board, the less the speed is becoming.

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 11:12am On Nov 13, 2013
brown3: hi bro! I was trying to post you on how i whent through sending money from Nigeria to jamaican but i couldn't post in that in that thread opened. I have not send the money yet, most of the staff where i bank dont have domiciliary account. Bro Please could you help me with your the domiciliary account or can you link me up with some one with domiciliary account? You can reach me on 08172739347 or victorbrown116@gmail.com. Thank you.

Sorry, I thought I replied you in a mail or the thread earlier.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by abhosts(m): 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
arbitrage:

This is the speed I am seeing this morning. I guess more people on board, the less the speed is becoming.

Typical Nigerian ISP Trend! The more customers they have, the slower the Network becomes.

I just purchased the LTE Terminal at their VI office only to realize that there is Zero Reception for Swift LTE in my Neighborhood, despite the assurances of the Salesperson that I would get full coverage. Thank God I did not do a swap with their old wireless Terminal that has very good Reception for me.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 1:16am On Nov 15, 2013
abhosts:

Typical Nigerian ISP Trend! The more customers they have, the slower the Network becomes.

I just purchased the LTE Terminal at their VI office only to realize that there is Zero Reception for Swift LTE in my Neighborhood, despite the assurances of the Salesperson that I would get full coverage. Thank God I did not do a swap with their old wireless Terminal that has very good Reception for me.

You mean you have the 4G Wimax modem and the LTE modem did not receive? That's strange. I only heard of people not receiving with the wimax and LTE modems but can still receive with old outdoor pole unit, which I started with. I expect that anywhere you have 4G wimax reception, the LTE modem should work there.

Surprisingly, I saw 4G LTE speed being advised on BRT bus on Monday by Spectranet. That means it is not only Swift in the business now. Here is Swift speed this morning:

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
^^ The speed really is good. Look how low the ping is.

Anyone know if it's possible to get even half these speeds on Yahclick 10mbps plan? Thinking of getting that since Swift won't work outside lagos.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by arbitrage: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
2ndOGA: ^^ The speed really is good. Look how low the ping is.

Anyone know if it's possible to get even half these speeds on Yahclick 10mbps plan? Thinking of getting that since Swift won't work outside lagos.

You should be able to get close to the 10Mbps on the YahClick 10Mbps plan since I even got (as you can see from my earlier posts) around 2Mbps on their 1Mbps plan.

1 Like

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by hedgesfun(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2013
I think we really need to be sure of all the details before we compare and contrast according to arbitrage you subscribe to yahclick of 1mbps and ur speed test was showing us 3mbps that to me should be a plus, also the swift we talk about most time you carry out ur test re in he evening/night which is a time by which most satellite communications comes free and that is what helps out network operators to offe free night call, anyone can research and dispute this. I don't like to go too technical buh it's what we can all search and find out
N.B I DON'T WORK FOR ANY OF THEM NEITHER DO I USE THEM PERSONALLY I JUST BELIEVE IN BALANCED COMPARISM.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by mrkels(m): 4:21am On Nov 18, 2013
Arbitrage, been trying to reach you! Got some paypal funds sleeping in my account, don't know if you need them. If you do, pls contact me so I can move them for a price. Its about 70$ .
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by abhosts(m): 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Presently in VI with the LTE Modem and the speed is phenomenal.

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by swiftkenny(m): 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
If you love to skype, stream videos or live soccer,, then you will love the new SWIFT 4G LTE multi-user modem with wifi router... Its cheaper,faster and reliable. For delivery and installation, pls call 08060796017.KENNY.pls share with ur contacts
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by swiftkenny(m): 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Its cheaper and reliable....get SWIFT 4G LTE multi-user modem with wifi router... Its cheaper,faster and reliable. For delivery and installation, pls call 08060796017.KENNY... Anoda interesting package is d refer a friend.. D number of friends u refer determines d number of months u enjoy free browsing... Try dis.... SWIFT is simply da best
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
Wow, this is lovely. Why won't swift expand outside lagos.

Looks like I'll have to make do with yahclick for now.
Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by RapidBTS: 8:29am On Dec 31, 2013
Swift Coverage Problem Solver

Re: Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? by ritchboy(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
2ndOGA: ^^ The speed really is good. Look how low the ping is.

20ms. . . So I can now start ENJOYING online gaming in this corner of the globe? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall / Photography Business In Nigeria / CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.