Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,747 members, 7,813,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike (648 Views)

NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike by choppu: 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
NANS condemns lingering ASUU strike

By AbdulSalam Muhammad

KANO – The National Association of Nigerian Students has disowned the ongoing strike action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

NANS made their position known at a press briefing in Kano where they stated that certain demands by ASUU were  “unrealistic and un -implementable”

The National President of the Union, Yinka Gbadebo at the briefing appealed to University lecturers to call off their nearly 4 months old  strike and resume negotiations with the Federal Government in the general interest of Nigeria’s educational sectors.

Yinka stressed  “in the history of ASUU strike, no government has ever responded positively the way President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration has done and I believe strongly this gesture should be reciprocated for the sake of harmony.

Mr. Gbadebo who was flanked by representatives of student leaders from over 50 Nigerian universities accused the leadership of ASUU of evading a meeting with the leadership of the student’s union that would have been an “interface meeting to chat the way forward”

“In as much as we sympathise with ASUU over the predicament that forced the industrial action, millions of Nigerian students are simply tired of staying at home and hence appeal to call it off and resume negotiations immediately”
http:///JmHAVVVoE0
Re: NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike by choppu: 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
NNDB---Na now day break?....... NANS Toothless bulldogs
Re: NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike by Alexcollins(m): 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
choppu: NNDB---Na now day break?....... NANS Toothless bulldogs
I guess Yinka and his co-travellers have been compromised. All they can do rite now is to issue baseless press statement to the media. NANS can bark but Can't bite again, NANS has lost its essence The potency of students' Union is long gone.
Re: NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike by ChemicalMallam(m): 8:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
Guy Forget ASUU Abeg.... as for me, I don dey learn hand work ooo
Re: NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike by vocalprince(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
please what is NANS A dog or anoda name 4 idiot?
Re: NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike by Hearme(m): 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Which school is Yinka Gbadebo in, what course is he studying, what level is he and when will he graduate? Most student this days graduate at 18-24 years old but that guy looks 35-40. Is his education so slow? Or was he selected based on his age? I need sincere answers. The best answer will receive a reward on this platform
Re: NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike by Sbrainy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
without mincing words, NANS is a CRAP

(1) (Reply)

Missed 2013 Admission? Try Tuition Free Universities Abroad For 2014 / Former Kano State Governor Shekarau Is The New Education Minister / 08134342700-covenant University Admission List Batch B Out/helpline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.