Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

What Happened To Education Tax Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To Education Tax Fund (558 Views)

Catholic Church Threatens To Sue Fayose Over Education Tax / Budgetary Allocation To Education 12010-2016 / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Education Tax Fund by blackface2(m): 12:52am On Oct 16, 2013
An education tax of 2% of assessable profits is imposed on all companies incorporated in Nigeria. This tax is viewed as a social obligation placed on all companies in ensuring that they contribute their own quota in developing educational facilities in the country.
The ETF account should be audited because going by the billions companies makes in this country, our education institutions should never lack funds.
i'm guessing our clueless president does not know that an account like that exist.
Re: What Happened To Education Tax Fund by Kajiang02(m): 1:48am On Oct 16, 2013
Why call the president names?
@Topic,
Sure you're making a point, how well do you know the ETF and funding?
I want to believe the president doesn't have access to this account? else the striking ASUU staff would have no reason to be home.
BTW, We do see some ETF projects in virtually all Tertiary institutions in the Country.

(1) (Reply)

Fitch Affirms Nigeria’s 'BB-' Rating, Stable Outlook / Ipaye: Igbos' N1bn Suit Against Lagos, Politically Motivated / ASUU Must Be Tamed..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.