Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Plight Of Confused Student: Advice Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Plight Of Confused Student: Advice Needed (435 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plight Of Confused Student: Advice Needed by Dasgenie: 1:09am On Oct 16, 2013
[b]I'm a student of Computer Science, about entering Year Two. I school in one of the Nigerian universities. All my life, i have been passionate about arts, I feel My brain is wired to function well in arts, I did very very well in art subjects in my Secondary School days(we did all subjects in art, science and commerce and then you choose a class based on the subjects you like). Back then I was kind of confused about which class to Choose, I mean I was good in arts and fairly good in Science but I heard stuffs like the economy favours Science students More and I didn't have a fixated course I wanted to study in arts then. I choose Science maybe cause of the fact that i was always fascinated with computers and wanted to study computer science. I struggled with physics, maths and chemistry(I was and still not good at calculations + a very poor starting background in those subjects), passed my WAEC, I failed maths though but i made it in GCE, Stretched my neck in P.ume and finally Got admission. My year 1 was a wreck, once again, I only did well in art subjects(Gss and Co), my G.p is suffering greatly, and I wake up every morning with this emptiness in my heart(it's very depressing). I don't know what to do anymore, and its of great consign to me, My fellow Nairalander, Your advices would be appreciated cause i honestly dont know the Next step to take. Thanks in advance.[/b]
Re: Plight Of Confused Student: Advice Needed by unnamed: 2:00am On Oct 16, 2013
I'll advice you to go for what you feel you will like to do in life. Life is all about taking risks. I wish you success in all your endeavors. smiley
Re: Plight Of Confused Student: Advice Needed by Fetus(m): 2:43am On Oct 16, 2013
In rancho's voice....''make your passion your profession; and work becomes play''....A word is enough the wise....
Re: Plight Of Confused Student: Advice Needed by Illuminatus(m): 3:27am On Oct 16, 2013
Yes, the economy is more favourable to most science subjects, but that isn't what getting to the uni is about. University is where they teach you to excel at your choosen profession and if study hard enough and come out with an excellent result, you'll definitely get a good job.
What you need to do is to decide what course you want to study. Which subjects are you exceptionally good in? Which profession do you like best? Then re apply for a new admission. Either through Direct Entry or UTME.
What you must know- No course is /simple/ . You just need to choose the one you love the most and use you determination to learn.
Good lucksmiley.
Re: Plight Of Confused Student: Advice Needed by Dasgenie: 11:06am On Oct 16, 2013
thank you, your advices were appreciated

(1) (Reply)

Sale Of Yabatech Post UTME 2013/14 Change Of Course Form / Senator Wants Public Officials’ Salaries Cut Due To ASUU Strike / T.B Joshua Prayed For The Reopening Of Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.