Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

ASUU Strike 2013: Bayero University Official Website Hacked!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike 2013: Bayero University Official Website Hacked!! (815 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike 2013: Bayero University Official Website Hacked!! by charlie007: 7:16am On Oct 16, 2013
[center]Bayero University official Website hacked in protest of ASUU Strike[/center][b][/b]

The ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities has began to take its toll as the official website of Bayero University Kano (www.buk.edu.ng) has been hacked by a group called the "Nigerian Cyber Army".
The message posted by the group on the defaced website in protest of the ongoing strike read thus;

"We are Here to deliever a Simple Message to Nigerian Government "Nigeria students have been on Strike for more than 100days now and The f****** Nigerian Government Does not want to do anything to stop this Crisis| W hy because their own students does not School in Nigeria | Now ok yourself a Question How would u feel, To be at Home for 100days if u were a student"

The group went ahead to issue a threat of doing more harm;

"Now we Argue you to fix this issus or else We would Stamp on Your Gov shits Next If you Doubts us WaTch Out" xD "

The choice of Bayero University as primary target for the attack might not be unconnected to the announcement by the recently sacked Minister of Education, Ruqqayatu Rufai, of her intention to return to Bayero University Kano where she was formerly a lecturer.

It will be recalled that the current industrial action embarked on by the Academic Staff Union of Universities has lasted over 100 days.

Who will be next? I hope the webmasters/ICT team of various Nigerian Universities are not also on Strike. Watch Out!!

http://campusportal.com.ng/education/ASUU-strike-2013-bayero-university-official-website-hacked/6467/

Re: ASUU Strike 2013: Bayero University Official Website Hacked!! by Enoeasy: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2013
I also tried to login last night but saw that message.At first I thought it was the wrong url.I think ASUU chairman is from same university,so they choose to start from there.But if this will end the on-going strike,I will urge them to do same to other portals too
Re: ASUU Strike 2013: Bayero University Official Website Hacked!! by charlie007: 8:46am On Oct 16, 2013
Enoeasy: I also tried to login last night but saw that message.At first I thought it was the wrong url.I think ASUU chairman is from same university,so they choose to start from there.But if this will end the on-going strike,I will urge them to do same to other portals too
U wish, lol
Re: ASUU Strike 2013: Bayero University Official Website Hacked!! by Lordseyad(m): 8:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Hahaha_ space reserved ..i rep d #BBF University .unilorites nooni
Re: ASUU Strike 2013: Bayero University Official Website Hacked!! by Saeed348(m): 9:54am On Oct 16, 2013
#Fixed re~visit d Url again www.buk.edu.ng
Re: ASUU Strike 2013: Bayero University Official Website Hacked!! by Enoeasy: 9:58am On Oct 16, 2013
charlie007:
U wish, lol
yeah.my sincere opinion

(1) (Reply)

Students Project Topics And Material Website / Pls Help, I Need Articles On BRANDING. / Identify And Explain The Similaritiesand Differences Among Three Religions Nige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.