Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Suplication Of Kumayl - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Suplication Of Kumayl (556 Views)

Dua (supplication Of) Kumayl By Imam Ali (as) Recited On Thursday Evenings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suplication Of Kumayl by AlBaqir(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
This Du'a named after a companion of Imam Ali (a.s) called Kumayl al-Nakha'i, was taught by 'gate to the city of prophet's knowledge, Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (a.s). To be recited on thursday night and in the middle of Shaaban.

It is used to seek Allah's forgiveness, nearness to Allah, means of livelihood and protection against evil.

NOTE: This is an abridged version of the dua. For full version, visit:www.duas.org/kumayl.htm

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE COMPASSIONATE, THE MERCIFUL

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and his progeny.

O Allah! I ask You by Your mercy which surrounds all things

And by Your power by which You overcome all things and submit to it all things and humble before it all things

And by Your might by which You have conquered all things

And by Your majesty against which nothing can stand up

And by Your grandeur which prevails upon all things

And by Your authority which is exercised over all things

And by Your own self that shall remain forever after all things have vanished

And by Your Names which manifest Your power over all things

And by Your knowledge which pervades all things. And by Your light which illuminates everything...

O Allah! Forgive me my such sins as would affect my

O Allah! Forgive me my such sins as would bring down calamity

O Allah! Forgive me my such sins as would change divine favours (into disfavours)

O Allah! Forgive me my such sins as would hinder my supplications

O Allah! Forgive me such sins as bring down
misfortunes

O Allah! Forgive every sin that I have committed and every error that I have made

O Allah! I am trying to draw myself close to You through Your remembrance. And I pray to You to help me. And I beg You by Your kindness to draw me nearer to You

And let me become grateful to You and inspire me to remember and to call You

O Allah! I beg You submissively, humbly and
fearfully: To treat me with forgiveness and mercy, and to make me pleased and contented with what you have given to me

And cause me to be modest and humble in all circumstances

O Allah! I beg You like one who is passing through extreme difficulties and who supplicates his needs to You and his hope has been greatly raised by that which is with You....

O Allah! My Lord! How many of my loathsome acts You have hidden from public gaze!

How many of my afflictions You have reduced in severity!

And how many of my stumbles You have protected, how many of my sinful acts You have averted, and how many of my undeserved praises You have spread abroad!

O Allah! My trials and sufferings have increased and my evilness has worsened, my good deeds have diminished and my habits of misdeeds have become firm

And remote hopes restrain me from the profit of good deeds and the world has deceived me with its temptations and my own self has been affected by sinfulness and laziness.

Therefore, my Lord! I beg You by Your greatness not to let my sins and my misdeeds shut out my prayers
from reaching Your realm and not to disgrace me by exposing those hidden sins of which You have knowledge nor to hasten my punishment for those vices and misdeeds committed by me in secret which
were due to evil-mindedness, ignorance, excessive lustfulness and my negligence.

O' You! Whose Name is the remedy (for all ills) and Whose remembrance is a sure cure for all ailments and obedience to Whom makes one self sufficient; Have mercy on one whose only asset is hope and whose only armour is weeping

O' You! Who perfects all bounties and Who wards off all misfortunes!

O' Light! Who illuminates those who are in
bewilderment!

O' Omniscient! Who knows without learning!

Bless Mohammed and the Descendants of
Mohammed and do unto me in accordance with that which befits You, and deal with me not in accordance to my worth.

May the blessings of Allah be bestowed upon His Apostle and the Rightful Imams from his Descendants and His peace be upon them plentifully.

(1) (Reply)

Working Productively In The Dunya For Akhira / Virture Of The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan / A Letter To Prophet Muhammad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.