Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,111 members, 7,860,023 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria (2491 Views)

Would GEJ Dare Campaign As "Fresh Air" Or "Boy With No Shoes" Today? / FRESH AIR Bumper Harvest And Timelines!! / Did You Say Technocrats? Meet The Fresh Air Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Few weeks ago, I created a thread highlighting the impact of FRESH AIR in the southeast. On this thread, the FRESH AIR train moves to the north of Nigeria.

The north of Nigeria encompasses three geopolitical zones- northcentral, northeast and northwest- and comprises of 19 states.

On this thread, we will be highlighting the impact of FRESH AIR in the northern part of Nigeria in the last 3 years. Below are the FRESH AIR harvests in the region:

1. Completion of Vom-Manchok road in Plateau State.

2. Completion of Yola-Numan road in Adamawa State.

3. Completion of Gombe Bye-pass road in Gombe State.

4. Completion of Kaduna Refinery road in Kaduna State.

5. Completion of Kano-Daura-MaiAdua road in Katsina State

6. Completion of Uba-Mbalala road in Borno State.

7. Completion of Funtua-Gusau-Sokoto road (from Gusau to Talata Mafara)

8. Ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road.

9. Ongoing construction of Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road

10. Ongoing construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue). This project was started in 2012.

11. Ongoing dualisation of Benin-Lokoja road. This project was started under this President.

12. Ongoing reconstruction of Makurdi-Gboko road Phase 1 Wannune-Yandev section, in Benue.

13. Ongoing construction of Sections 1A and 1B of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora Roads, respectively in Sokoto State, Kebbi and Niger

14. Ongoing reconstruction of Kunya-Kanya-Babura-Babban Mutum Road in Jigawa.

15. Ongoing reconstruction of Zing-Yakoko-Monkin Road in Taraba.

16. Ongoing reconstruction of Alkeleri-Bauchi Road in Bauchi.

17. Completion of the rehabilitation of Lagos-Kano narrow guage railway. Movement of passengers and freight has since commenced along this route.

18. Ongoing construction of Abuja-Kaduna modern railway. This project was started under this administration and has reached over 70 completion rate.

19. Ongoing construction of the Abuja light rail

20. Ongoing construction of Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri modern railway.

21. Ongoing rehabilitation of Port-Harcourt-Enugu-Makurdi-Lafia-Jos-Gombe-Maiduguri narrow guage railway.

22. Completion of the re-modelling of the Kano Airport.

23. Ongoing remodelling of the Yola Airport.

24. Ongoing remodelling of Jos Airport.

25. Ongoing remodelling of Kaduna Airport.

26. Ongoing remodelling of Abuja Airport.

27. Construction of new international terminal in Abuja Airport.

28. Creation of Federal University , Lokoja Kogi state.

29. Creation of
Federal University , Lafia, Nasarawa state.

30. Creation of Federal University, Kashere, Gombe state.

31. Creation of
Federal University, Wukari, Taraba state.

32. Creation of Federal University , Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
state.

33. Creation of Federal University , Dutse, Jigawa state.

34. Creation of Federal University Gashua, Yobe State.

35. Creation of Federal University Birnin Kebbi Kebbi State capital.

36. Creation of Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State.

37. Construction of Almajiri model schools. As at the last count, about 120 of these Alamjiri model schools have been completed.

38. Construction of perishable cargo terminals in Abuja, Ilorin, Jalingo, Jos, Kano, Makurdi and Minna

39. Rehabilitation and re-commissioning of the NNPC depot in Suleja (after 15 years of inactivity), Minna, Kano, Gusau and Jos.

40. Completion of 434 megawatts Geregu II power plant in Kogi.

41. Ongoin construction of 700 megawatts Zungeru hydropower plant

These are the much I can recall now.

In conclusion, so much ground has been covered in the last 3 years but more is needed. For now, I can only say more FRESH AIR to the north of Nigeria. Destination 2019

13 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Insincere 9gerian. Don't you even observe Sallah break? Your oga cannot even give you one day off so that you can enjoy with your family rather than creating meaningless threads on Nairaland.

You claim he has created all these Universities but are there lecturers there teaching there or the lecturers are on strike. Because if GEJ builds a building and calls it a University but no one is being taught, I do not understand how you can call that an achievement.

You talk of construction of airports yet we keep recording plane crashes and near misses. Two more (IRS and Kabo) near mishaps have happened since the Associated Aviation crash. Please, what is the use of airports when the planes landing there are not safe. Airline industry is about safety first rather than constructing useless airports.

You claim he has constructed so many imaginary roads in the north. My question to you is how many cars go on those roads. What is the GDP per capita of the people in these areas. How many ordinary northerners can afford to buy a decent car. I guess the roads are created for the elite like himself when he is passing through. The average northerner does not even have a car.

Bros, if I were you, I will collect overtime allowance from Reno Omokri o, because working on Sallah is an infringement of your rights.

8 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nashville: Insincere 9gerian. Don't you even observe Sallah break? Your oga cannot even give you one day off so that you can enjoy with your family rather than creating meaningless threads on Nairaland.

You claim he has created all these Universities but are there lecturers there teaching there or the lecturers are on strike. Because if GEJ builds a building and calls it a University but no one is being taught, I do not understand how you can call that an achievement.

You talk of construction of airports yet we keep recording plane crashes and near misses. Two more (IRS and Kabo) near mishaps have happened since the Associated Aviation crash. Please, what is the use of airports when the planes landing there are not safe. Airline industry is about safety first rather than constructing useless airports.

You claim he has constructed so many imaginary roads in the north. My question to you is how many cars go on those roads. What is the GDP per capita of the people in these areas. How many ordinary northerners can afford to buy a decent car. I guess the roads are created for the elite like himself when he is passing through. The average northerner does not even have a car.

Bros, if I were you, I will collect overtime allowance from Reno Omokri o, because working on Sallah is an infringement of your rights.
You chose to see the PROBLEMS and you'll continue to see PROBLEMS. I chose to see PROGRESS.

Anyway, I wish you luck in your chosen way of life.

15 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Joshthefirst(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You chose to see the PROBLEMS and you'll continue to see PROBLEMS. I chose to see PROGRESS.

Anyway, I wish you luck in your chosen way of life.
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
I expected northerners to confirm or challenge the list but so far, no show. It is like northerners are scarce on NL.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I expected northerners to confirm or challenge the list but so far, no show. It is like northerners are scarce on NL.
Here in kogi state north central Nigeria there is no visible presence of the federal government. For fourteen years the criminal government of pdp has milked kogi state dry we are tired of these pdp b*stards enough is enough it is high time we kick out these pdp crooks from kogi state

5 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by gramci: 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Where are the evil men of nairaland?

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Kanwulia: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Like Northerners like to make noise like Southerners?
Thank our lucky stars. . . we have better breed of ethnic Nigerians than YORUBA AND IGBO Nigerian bigots on and off NL! kiss

Tufiaaaaaaaaaaaakwa!!!!
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by stebell(m): 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I expected northerners to confirm or challenge the list but so far, no show. It is like northerners are scarce on NL.
@ OP, not that they are scarce jus dat dey are observing de sallah. but dont be surprised to see some APC e-warriors coming here to tell yu dat the above yu listed aint visible any where in de North.

there's another thread i came across 2day, and i hv been observing the poster, he always post stories of APC against PEJ or GEJ. i think he's among those who like negative news and nothing more. he bears de moniker Awodan or something of sort.

in any case, i wish all "HATERS" Goodluck till 2019

2 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by talktimi(m): 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nashville: Insincere 9gerian. Don't you even observe Sallah break? Your oga cannot even give you one day off so that you can enjoy with your family rather than creating meaningless threads on Nairaland.

in other words, according to you Gej is not working or you refuse to believe his administration will so much ? Why should creation of new universities be a problem to you ? The indigent beneficiaries have not complained neither have they rejected them. Recruiting of lecturers is not you business and so should not concern you at all. The N.U.C will handle those issues. Your argument about the airports is laughable but also pitiable, what is the ratio of successful flights to crashed ones ? Dont be such a sad pessimist. According to you, the fg shouldnt have constructed any single road in the north because northerners are too poor to buy cars. Youre very wicked o, maybe you think its only you and your clan members that can drive cars or deserve good roads. Why are you so selfish ? If you doubt the presence of these projects, quietly travel up north and verify things yourself & if you're sad about it, let the owners enjoy their property by hiding your face.

3 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Joshthefirst(m): 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Kanwulia: Like Northerners like to make noise like Southerners?
Thank our lucky stars. . . we have better breed of ethnic Nigerians than YORUBA AND IGBO Nigerian bigots on and off NL! kiss

Tufiaaaaaaaaaaaakwa!!!!
don't be tribalistic.

*in raadio nigeria voice*

"ONE NAIJERIA, NA IM BE THE ANSA"!!!!!
grin
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by stebell(m): 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
lakhadimar: Here in kogi state north central Nigeria there is no visible presence of the federal government. For fourteen years the criminal government of pdp has milked kogi state dry we are tired of these pdp b*stards enough is enough it is high time we kick out these pdp crooks from kogi state
Unam shut up there. wat is Kogi state contribution to de federal govt finance base.

dont always see wat de govt is doing, remain blind yu hear

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by talktimi(m): 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Let the beneficiaries of these projects be the ones to complain if they dont want or they dont like these projects not not you bad belle people
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
talktimi: in other words, according to you Gej is not working or you refuse to believe his administration will so much ? Why should creation of new universities be a problem to you ? The indigent beneficiaries have not complained neither have they rejected them. Recruiting of lecturers is not you business and so should not concern you at all. The N.U.C will handle those issues. Your argument about the airports is laughable but also pitiable, what is the ratio of successful flights to crashed ones ? Dont be such a sad pessimist. According to you, the fg shouldnt have constructed any single road in the north because northerners are too poor to buy cars. Youre very wicked o, maybe you think its only you and your clan members that can drive cars or deserve good roads. Why are you so selfish ? If you doubt the presence of these projects, quietly travel up north and verify things yourself & if you're sad about it, let the owners enjoy their property by hiding your face.
Thank you for slaughtering that Tinubu's house dog. I cant imagine a normal human being saying we shouldn't build roads in the north because there are no cars there.

2 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Kanwulia: 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: don't be tribalistic.

*in raadio nigeria voice*

"ONE NAIJERIA, NA IM BE THE ANSA"!!!!!
grin

Don't you see what was written? FROM A CLOSET RESIDENT BIGOT, ALWAYS ON THE PROWL FOR NOTHERNERS TO INSULT ON NL, especially as they are not in proximity to the poster's residence. . . . . to vent the usual frustrations from the incurable PTSD associated with Ojukwu and the BIAFRAN miscalculations!!! grin

See JOBLESS 'hunter' of NORTHERNERS. . . . cheesy
What an OXY-M0R0N!
Sincere Nigerian indeed!
Ta!

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
stebell:
@ OP, not that they are scarce jus dat dey are observing de sallah. but dont be surprised to see some APC e-warriors coming here to tell yu dat the above yu listed aint visible any where in de North.

there's another thread i came across 2day, and i hv been observing the poster, he always post stories of APC against PEJ or GEJ. i think he's among those who like negative news and nothing more. he bears de moniker Awodan or something of sort.

in any case, i wish all "HATERS" Goodluck till 2019
They'r observing sallah? I have also observed that northerners are not as noisy as Tinubu house dogs. But they'r generally fewer on NL.
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
stebell: Unam shut up there. wat is Kogi state contribution to de federal govt finance base.

dont always see wat de govt is doing, remain blind yu hear
is kogi state not part of Nigeria? is kogi state not in the north central? Is kogi state not under the control of pdp? Since the turn of democracy in 1999 we in kogi have been under the yoke of these pdp thieves, we have suffered enough in the hands of these useless pdp criminals its high time we flush them out
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Haaaaaaaaa stop lieing, there is no work ongoing on the benin lokoja road that road has been abandoned. @op fear God and stop lieing
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
gramci: Where are the evil men of nairaland?
They'r becoming fewer and fewer on NL. Their past EVIL deeds are catching up with them. Very soon, evil and evil men of NL will be exterminated by FRESH AIR.
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by atlwireles: 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
lakhadimar: Here in kogi state north central Nigeria there is no visible presence of the federal government. For fourteen years the criminal government of pdp has milked kogi state dry we are tired of these pdp b*stards enough is enough it is high time we kick out these pdp crooks from kogi state

Ya right, Jonah was in your state 2 weeks ago to commission a power plant. Also the Ajaokuta steel plant is currently under repairs. The Benin lokoja road has been abandon by whom Stick to things you have proof and knowledge about.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Kanwulia: 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ahem!
The TRUE aloy-emeka DON SHOW nyansh!
Twa!!! grin

IGBO-SMOKE DEY 'IDE FOR BOTU?

Lai-lai!!!!

*tufiakwa. . . i nor wan casssssssh 'bigot' disease for this my sweet life o. . . . .ALL subsequent threads by this poster un-followed*!
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
lakhadimar: Haaaaaaaaa stop lieing, there is no work ongoing on the benin lokoja road that road has been abandoned. @op fear God and stop lieing
Maybe you need to the read this
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/fg-flags-off-dualisation-of-lokoja-okene-benin-road/

The project is scheduled to be completed by next year March.
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
atlwireles:

Ya right, Jonah was in your state 2 weeks ago to commission a power plant. Also the Ajaokuta steel plant is currently under repairs. The Benin lokoja road has been abandon by whom Stick to things you have proof and knowledge about.
It seems the guy is waiting for the president to come and SHARE money in Kogi State.
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by cashkid18(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
fresh has reached my northern brodas..
Fresh air til 2019,haterx shud go kiss d nearest high tension wire cool cool
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by themaskedman: 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
@op bro you forgot to add the following:
1. The ongoing reconstruction of the Oturkpo-Otukpa-Obollo Afor rd in Benue State.

2. The ongoing reconstruction of the Lau-Kona-Jalingo rd in Taraba State.

3. The provision of portable drinking water at the Nasarawa State University Keffi.

The construction of Calabar-Ikom-Katsina Ala rd in Benue State.

But ofcourse I don‘t expect the APC e-touts on nairaland to accept these cos they will rather accept that Atiku is a Xtian than to believe that Jonathan is working.

4 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote author=Sincere 9gerian][/quote]all D work in d north? They should use equity, those who places are hausa tribes but D south are different distinct tribes. If each region breaks-up, north will now be so develop than D south, why D place they get D money frm has nothing to show 4 their wealth.
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It seems the guy is waiting for the president to come and SHARE money in Kogi State.
Bros that benin lokoja road has been abandoned, as at present there is nothing happening there. Governor idris wada and the past pdp administrations have turned kogi state to a desolate land. Come 2015 we will chase the pdp miscreants out of kogi we have suffered enough. We have had enough of ahmadu alli and his pdp rogues

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
themaskedman: @op bro you forgot to add the following:
1. The ongoing reconstruction of the Oturkpo-Otukpa-Obollo Afor rd in Benue State.

2. The ongoing reconstruction of the Lau-Kona-Jalingo rd in Taraba State.

3. The provision of portable drinking water at the Nasarawa State University Keffi.

The construction of Calabar-Ikom-Katsina Ala rd in Benue State.

But ofcourse I don‘t expect the APC e-touts on nairaland to accept these cos they will rather accept that Atiku is a Xtian than to believe that Jonathan is working.
Thank you jare for the new additions. It is FRESH AIR everywhere you go.

If only Boko Haram can allow peace to reign, we'll surely see faster and much more PROGRESS
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
lakhadimar: Bros that benin lokoja road has been abandoned, as at present there is nothing happening there. Governor idris wada and the past pdp administrations have turned kogi state to a desolate land. Come 2015 we will chase the pdp miscreants out of kogi we have suffered enough. We have had enough of ahmadu alli and his pdp rogues
I've shown you evidence of when work commenced this year. Show us evidence that the work has been abandoned. And remember to always speak for YOURSELF. You have only ONE vote, except you hope to hijack ballot box and carry it to the bush for stuffing .

2 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by mkmyers45(m): 11:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
The Yola-Numan Road is a Lie...that road has been good since 2008/09...The Numan-Billiri Section has been and its still a disaster.Also there is NO noticeable infrastructual remodelling at the yola airport.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
mkmyers45: The Yola-Numan Road is a Lie...that road has been good since 2008/09...The Numan-Billiri Section has been and its still a disaster.Also there is NO noticeable infrastructual remodelling at the yola airport.
dont mind the op, he also claimed work is ongoing on the benin lokoja road, the road that has been abandoned since mid july
Re: FRESH AIR, Refreshing The North Of Nigeria by hakanai(m): 12:02am On Oct 17, 2013
@sincerenigerian .what is the update on the river Niger dredging? Also the port intended for lokoja? Has it stopped or quietly ongoing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Right Solution Is To Impeach President Jonathan Now! / RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. / Should Nigeria Be Re-colonized?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.