Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research (8316 Views)

100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research / Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research / Technology Outgrowing Human Physical Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by beordune(m): 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
embarassedHmmm, this is nice; I was called immature whenever my face carry a sad look whenever my Ex shoved my hands off her in public.

How are my suppose not feel pained when injured!
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by Itulah(m): 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
When you felt rejected, drink alamo bitter and few bottles of beer, it confuses the brain.
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by harsysky(m): 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
Was that rili enof to activate that real rejection response wen ur actually told tis not real? Jst asking cos One hu asks doesn't miss road..
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by Tinkybabe(f): 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
harsysky: Was that rili enof to activate that real rejection response wen ur actually told tis not real? Jst asking cos One hu asks doesn't miss road..
You are absolutely right! The response data should have been different from if it were a blind test.The result isn't credible enough in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by Lachynos2k2(m): 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
dat means if ur boo dumps u, jux take 2 tablets of panadol ....and d pain will go.

1 Like

Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by Tinkybabe(f): 12:10am On Oct 18, 2013
Lachynos2k2: dat means if ur boo dumps u, jux take 2 tablets of panadol ....and d pain will go.
That's a good one..lol
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by FutureDon(m): 1:31am On Oct 18, 2013
harsysky: Was that rili enof to activate that real rejection response wen ur actually told tis not real? Jst asking cos One hu asks doesn't miss road..

Tinkybabe: You are absolutely right! The response data should have been different from if it were a blind test.The result isn't credible enough in my opinion

You've both raised an important point, well done! It would have been more ecologically valid if researchers had only told the subjects after PET scanning. Although they claimed to have ''simulated social rejection'', it would be difficult to know if such simulated rejection is representative of a ''real one''.

1 Like

Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by birdman(m): 3:43am On Oct 18, 2013
Itulah: When you felt rejected, drink alamo bitter and few bottles of beer, it confuses the brain.

i endorse the alomo part. Please dont mix with beer tongue

1 Like

Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by Ayoobscom(m): 4:39am On Oct 18, 2013
The research is flawed in terms of realism ,only if the sample population were not informed of intent

However, the theory of opnoid in neurological assessment of pains in its prognosis is axiomaticaly valid and mysteriously accurate.

Rejection is not always between lovers as many people embrace,it could be among peers,class,beliefs or even unfair treatment

1 Like

Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by mavister(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2013
vcvibes: so how does dis affect ASUU strike??
is ASUU strike the ultimate? Am also affected but life goes on. If one drops dead, life goes on..somthing u cant stop, talk less about it okays..tired of seeing that word ASUU. By the way, even after graduation, what job offers are there?

Abeg who get groundnut there make i take soak garri?
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by pair36(m): 7:38am On Oct 18, 2013
FutureDon:

You've both raised an important point, well done! It would have been more ecologically valid if researchers had only told the subjects after PET scanning. Although they claimed to have ''simulated social rejection'', it would be difficult to know if such simulated rejection is representative of a ''real one''.
you just dey show yourself oh. I dey view you since on HD
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by abdulaz: 7:59am On Oct 18, 2013
that is the main reason why I don't allow my bottle of codeine go empty in case my brain is unable to produce enough opioid anytime failure or rejection happens. # toast to the dead. sadthat is the main reason why I don't allow my bottle of codeine go empty in case my brain is unable to produce enough opioid anytime failure or rejection happens. # toast to the dead.
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by emilyone(f): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2013
abdulaz: that is the main reason why I don't allow my bottle of codeine go empty in case my brain is unable to produce enough opioid anytime failure or rejection happens. # toast to the dead. sadthat is the main reason why I don't allow my bottle of codeine go empty in case my brain is unable to produce enough opioid anytime failure or rejection happens. # toast to the dead.
isn't that drug abuse?
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by jpphilips(m): 9:30am On Oct 18, 2013
FutureDon:

apparently, you didn't read the article
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by FutureDon(m): 9:54am On Oct 18, 2013
jp philips: apparently, you didn't read the article

I did, perhaps my comment is surprisingly puzzling to you?
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by Dannylux: 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Why the long story? the topic already said it all undecided
Re: Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research by IceSplash(f): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dead Marmaid Body Explained (photo) / Microsoft Finally Discard It’s Gun Emoji, After Google, Facebook And Apple / Open SSH Config Files For MTN 0.0kb And Mpulse Data Via HTTP Injector And Kpntun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.