Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. (3114 Views)

"I Am Nothing Close To The Roles I Play In Movies" / Fair Play In Football(soccer) Is Lip Service.(mirage) / Fair Play In Football(soccer) Is Lip Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. by Symphony007: 7:03am On Oct 17, 2013
I am a big fan of yanni. I love his music so much and even listening to it as i write this. I have been to a number of his concerts at the taj mahal in india, the royal albert hall in london,etc.. And they were magical. I want to share this magic with nigerians who love good music so i have been campaigning hard for yanni to come and hold a concert in nigeria. I've send multiple email to him and met some of his people at their concerts. Finally i got a reply from his office, it thanked me for my love of yanni's music and my campaign to bring him to nigeria. But they made know their concern that if a concert in held in nigeria, it might be a flop because nigerians are not known to love classical or ochestra music. They say subsequentely they'll fact check their chances in nigeria and would even like some help and assurance of an interested audience for their concert. Since that response i don't know if or how i could help them in anyway, are they right in their assumption that there are no willing yanni fans in nigeria?

Re: I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 17, 2013
Re: I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. by demelza: 7:44am On Oct 17, 2013
Yanni!
I once had a crush on him. His music is just out of this world. Beautiful, awe-inspiring, tear-jerking, inspirational.....
*snaps out of reverie*
@Op, unfortunately they are right. Look at the trending music in Nigeria, its all noise no substance. I believe there are classical enthusiasts in the country albeit few. If you are looking to organize a big concert, it wont work out.
How about making it exclusive, inving corporate sponsors and holding it in a posh location. Those who love good music will pay anything to see Yanni live.
Re: I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 17, 2013
NP: Olamide - stüpïd love. undecided
Re: I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. by Illuminatus(m): 8:08am On Oct 17, 2013
I'm a big fan of Yanni's since I listened to his Tribute album a few years ago. Unfortunately, I'm the only guy in my class (of 100) who knows who Yanni is and appreciate his music. It'd be pointless of him to come over here because the concert wouldn't have up to 500.
Re: I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. by Youngsage: 11:59am On Oct 17, 2013
Illuminatus: I'm a big fan of Yanni's since I listened to his Tribute album a few years ago. Unfortunately, I'm the only guy in my class (of 100) who knows who Yanni is and appreciate his music. It'd be pointless of him to come over here because the concert wouldn't have up to 500.
you may be the only one in your class who knows yanni, but i can tell you that, though classical music is not very much appreciated in nigeria, any classical concert, such as yanni's in nigeria will be sold out, because such music lovers are not as few as u think. U might be amazed by the turn out! @o.p
Re: I Invited Yanni To Play In Nigeria. by Youngsage: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
demelza: I believe there are classical enthusiasts in the country albeit few.
Very true
If you are looking to organize a big concert, it wont work out.
Trust me it will, This is Nigeria
How about making it exclusive, inving corporate sponsors and holding it in a posh location.
great idea!
Those who love good music will pay anything to see Yanni live.
Exactly.

(1) (Reply)

Your First Call Of The Year. / Photos: Embarrassing Moment Woman Has ‘period Explosion’ In Public / Riddle-guess What Is Written On This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.