Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal (19239 Views)

Soldiers Brutalize FC Taraba Players For Protest Over Unpaid Salaries / Rivers State Athletes Protest Over Unpaid Allowances (photos) / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by caprini: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
I guess the Ethiopians are so lean and frail to score net shaking goals? ,Abi wetin be all this e cross line and e no cross line goal?
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by jude33084(m): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
They should have known better that once a goal is called no going back on it.

The referee can be sanctioned but not the team wink

I believe that they should be worried about what FIFA will do to them as regard the attack on the super eagle's bus by their fans leading to Nosa Igiebor's injury angry
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by tete7000(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
People always amuse me. Ethiopians wanted fifa to award them a draw. They based it on assumption that if they had scored the first, then the game would follow the same course and they would have scored the second. Didn't it occur to them that had the first goal been awarded the game path wouldn't be the same and Nigeria could have even won by a wider goal margin. Despite the cancellation they still held at one point a goal advantage over eagles through another contentious goal. Had they been as good as they claimed, they ought to have ridden on their advantage and beat Nigeria if one considers that they played at home. I believe if that goal had earlier been allowed, Nigeria would have been nevertheless motivated and they could have even lost by a wider goal margin. Life does not work the way many think. Two events are not usually mutually inclusive. That A happens usually rules out B happen in football game.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by walexlugas08(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
@Reski,dont tell me you're not jester,because you're so funny. Futurist!
Reski2500: End of d road 4 walya antelopes they re so afriad of us that they dont leave any stone unturned 2 keep their dream even if its a draw! Imagin!

Nigeria vs antelopes
venue: calabar
supa eagles 7 , wired antelopes 0
aggregate scores 8:1
noni
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by kilo234(m): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
This ethiop guys no wise at all, watin them go dey motivate themself them dey there dey fear like antelope when lion one shop
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by walexlugas08(m): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
We handover who supercede us to god but not theirs(ethp),they're just a looser that look for excuse,even if the goal was added and eventually result to draw,can they still prevail over us(Nig)? Or do they think they can qualify at our expense? Surely,we'll thrash them come in nov 16 at calabar!
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by ToyinDipo(m): 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
Omooba77:
Lol.................Africa is fully of many funny things.........
But your lexicon is one of them. Your grammar funny die, I had to read from the back to understand what you were trying to say.
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by Omooba77: 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
ToyinDipo:
But your lexicon is one of them. Your grammar funny die, I had to read from the back to understand what you were trying to say.
Na key board error. Lol
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by ToyinDipo(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Omooba77:
Na key board error. Lol
It happens once in a while.
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by Iniabasi: 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by lyricalz: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Let's say d truth sha o, naija do ojoro jor
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by bizibrain(m): 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
hugafella: What about the unawarded penalty on Musa? Or even the goal awarded to them? Did they score any clear goal? Someone tell these people to wake up. Nigeria did not go to Ethiopia for jokes.
Ahmed musa fouled by ethiopia does nt worth a penalty because he dives, if u watch d ball closely u will c dat he jump somehow in2 d box, it takes a professional refree 2 recgonize dis.2 those complaining on d diallowed goal, I want dem 2 no dat refree ar humans nt machine, dey are prone 2 mistakes(even caf admit dis during afcon), do dey expect 100 percent acuracy,@ least d refree partially favoured dem somehow.Do dey expect winning after dere tactics of bringing down super eagle with dere bumpy pitch dat make ball uncontrollable, high altitude(which makes messi vomit in a playoff on a pitch with d highest altitude in d world dis year), high temperature 2 roast our boyz but dey where d one roasted and begging 4 waterbreak.Despite dis our boys still cope.Dey av d intention of winning and playing a defensive game in calabar, now dey ar scared because no altitude, no bumpy pitch and d ball will probably b played in d evening.
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by bizibrain(m): 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ethiopia anthelop is just a poor team, hw will u posses a team 71% and still lose dat game, its show d level of dere synonymous 2 incompetent, inadequate nd lack of accuracy. Dey where able 2 play super eagle because of dere hot racing speed, yet super eagle beat dem with tactics and experience.Is it nt d same ethiopia burkinafaso flog 4-0 despite short 1 during afcon, is it nt d same burkinafaso nigeria beat 4-1 of recent, wat ar dey even proving 4 mercy sake.Yet dere pathetic coach open is mouth b4 d playoff and say he will teach eagle some football lesson.I love Oga keshi, he wont even say dat 2 thaiti.
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by Lamasta(m): 12:12am On Oct 18, 2013
?
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by mdfash(m): 4:17am On Oct 18, 2013
Ethiopia has every right to be aggrieved. To be denied what looks like a good goal while playing in your own country is rough. I think the whole ball crossed the line before the Nigerian defender cleared it. You judge for yourself:

Goal disallowed for Ethiopia vs Nigeria, ball clearly crossed the line!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywVIyL7ALg4
Re: FIFA Rejects Ethiopia Protest Over Disallowed Goal by chiefarian47(m): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2013
So for their mind dey won go world cup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Can U Teach Me How To Play Nairabet Here As A Beginner? / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Pictures Of Onome Ebi With Fashola, Akpabio, Dabiri & Buhari In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.