Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Kidney Stones: Symptoms And Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kidney Stones: Symptoms And Treatment (2157 Views)

Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage / Piles (haemorrhoids) – Basics, Symptoms And Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidney Stones: Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 17, 2013
[b]Kidney stones are small,
hard deposits, typically
composed of mineral and
acid salts, that form inside your kidneys. As one might expect, because urine is a vehicle for waste excretion, it is comprised of numerous chemicals and wastes (including calcium,oxalate, urate, cysteine,
xanthine and phosphate). When the urine is too
concentrated, that is too
little liquid and too much
waste, crystals will begin
to form. Over time, these
crystals can join together and form a larger stone-
like solid.
There is no single cause for kidney stones and often, the cause is unknown.
There are, however,
different types of kidney
stones, which can help pinpoint the origin.Calcium stones (in the
form of calcium oxalate or
calcium phosphate), for
example, are the most
common form of kidney stone. Oxalate is a naturally occurring
substance in food, so
anything that increases
levels of this compound,
can increase the risk of a kidney stone.Uric acid
stones often form in people who do not consume enough fluids, eat high protein diets or have gout. Struvite stones often form as the result of a kidney infection.

TREATMENT

Treatment for kidney
stones primarily depends
on the size of the stone. If
it is smaller than four
millimeters in diameter,
you have a good chance of passing it spontaneously.
Consuming two to three
quarts of water a day and using a pain reliever can help pass these small
stones.Larger stones may require invasive treatment including:
surgery, using a scope
passed through the
urethra or shock-wave
lithotripsy, where high- energy sound waves break up the stone in to more easily passable stones.

RISK FACTORS FOR DEVELOPING KIDNEY STONES
being over age 40, being
male, ingesting too little
water, too much/little
exercise, obesity, weight loss surgery, digestive
diseases, and consuming a
diet high in salt, protein
or sugar, especially
fructose. Having a family
history of kidney stones can also increase your risk of developing them;
furthermore, if you have
already experienced kidney stones, you are at
an increased risk of developing more.

PREVENTION

Prevention of kidney
stones can be as simple as a few dietary changes.
Consuming more water
during the day is one of
the easiest measures you can take.Doctors recommend excreting
about 2.6 quarts of urine
every day. Depending on
the severity of your
kidney stones, you may want to measure and
monitor your urine excretion.Consume fewer
oxalate-rich foods,
especially if you tend to
form calcium oxalate stones. Such foods include
chocolate, soy products,
okra, beets, sweet potatoes, tea and nuts. Consume foods low in salt and animal protein. Speak with your doctor about your calcium intake via food and supplements before making any changes here.
Furthermore, speak with your doctor about the
possibility of prescription
drugs to help with your
kidney stones.
[/b]

http://foxnews.com
Re: Kidney Stones: Symptoms And Treatment by Ajuora: 8:43am On Oct 17, 2013
Niz one
Re: Kidney Stones: Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 17, 2013
In case u need more kidney stones in you, while cooking, u can add mivina,nepal, onga,nutmeg,curry,thyme etc. If u notice all these things are used for flavouring food so as 2get gud taste nd smell of food bt in d oda way round, 2much of it in our everyday cooking contributes 2kidney stones. I.E most of us dnt drink enough water after eating,thereby making those spices nt 2disolve. So we get kidney stone. An illetrate wil say "D DEVIL IS AFTER ME AGAIN".
Re: Kidney Stones: Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2013
Cykik: In case u need more kidney stones in you, while cooking, u can add mivina,nepal, onga,nutmeg,curry,thyme etc. If u notice all these things are used for flavouring food so as 2get gud taste nd smell of food bt in d oda way round, 2much of it in our everyday cooking contributes 2kidney stones. I.E most of us dnt drink enough water after eating,thereby making those spices nt 2disolve. So we get kidney stone. An illetrate wil say "grin DEVIL IS AFTER ME AGAIN".
That's true
Re: Kidney Stones: Symptoms And Treatment by evergreen247: 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
R4SH33D:
That's true
sorry for off point but I have been trying to locate you were I will get your reply quickly, where are they selling Dream D1 for 30k? Post I need ur reply. Thanks.
Re: Kidney Stones: Symptoms And Treatment by Happistiz: 10:16am On Jul 01, 2016
♥ ♥ ♥CHANCA PIEDRA TEA♥ ♥ ♥
KIDNEY STONE BRAKER!
The all natural 100% effective treatment for kidney stone.
Chanca Piedra has been used by the indigenous peoples of the Amazon for generations to support the elimination of gallstones and kidney stones. In Ayurvedic medicine, chanca piedra is thought to hold the most promise against kidney stone formation. GUY HERE IN NIGERIA,>>>
https://dfh.ecwid.com/#!/♥-♥-♥CHANCA-PIEDRA-TEA♥-♥-♥/p/68095162/category=15618464
NOW ON SALE!

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Half-human Half-goat In Jigawa State [PHOTO] / How Best To Use Essential And Carrier Oils / Wormlike Movement Round My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.