Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,413 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

After M.a.c Make Up What Else? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / After M.a.c Make Up What Else? (10419 Views)

Tiwa Savage’s Eye-catching Dress At The M.A.C Rocks Colour Event / Photo Of Beyonce Without Make-up At The Airport / Tiwa Savage & Waje Without Make-up (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by abujabooks(f): 1:16pm On May 21, 2008
Nothing. Mac is the best.
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by flakom(f): 3:47pm On May 27, 2008
Whiteroses and others,

Please, how can i get Iman cosmetics? I checked online but i think its only available in America. Your help will be appreciated. Thanx
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by Arielle: 10:29pm On May 27, 2008
I used MAC for about 6 years until I tried Mary Kay. I use the foundation and pressed powder. I found MAC too heavy and 'make-up-y'. Mary Kay is light and natural. Provides cover but lets your natural complexion show. Why go through all the facials and scrubs and moisturizers only to cover it up with heavy makeup.
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by replenish(f): 10:24am On May 28, 2008
have been using mary kay FOR SOME TIME NOW AND I CAN SAY ITS PERFECT FOR ME. DNT THINK I WANT TO TRY ANY OTHER PRODUCT
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by NubianQ(f): 10:27am On Jun 10, 2008
i use make. everything MAC is good for me but i am thinking of changing. problem is that i am really dark skinned and never find anything else that suits me.
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by lilbabe(f): 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2008
I feel IMAN is ok, can't really say it's better than MAC. I use MAC, but i feel it's over-rated and tends to make the skin pale if not washed off after few hrs.
I intend to try Iman, or Covergirl.
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by Mbimbi: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2008
Please fo those that use IMAN, does one use the Perfect Response Oil Blotting
Pressed Powder together with the Luminous Foundation?
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by Afribiz(f): 10:54am On Aug 29, 2008
So which is preferable for a fair skin? I mean a foundation and a powder.
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by nila07: 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2008
my favourite are good ol'fashion fair and Black up. I especially love Black up because it looks so natural on me, people hardly notice i have something on, yet all imperfections are covered. they also make the best lip products, the colors are just perfect for black skins. http://estore.blackup.com/index.php?main_page=index&language=en
they are so many good quality make up now, that you just have to take your time and try as many to find the one that works best for your skin. A friend of mine uses Bobby brown, and it looks fantastic on her, she is not light skin at all. I was surprised that bobby brown has darker shades. Im even tempted to try that one too.
as far as Mac is concerned, I like their eyeshadows. their skin foundations and powder are not for me.
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by agnesia: 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2009
I love Mac,Iman,bobbi brown,nars Giogio Armani face fabric chikena!
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by steaming(f): 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2009
@ nila, i just looked up blackup products, they look and sound nice. which of them do u use?

i like the complexion concealer, oil free liquid foundation, stick foundation and creme to powder foundation.

quite confusing. finding difficult to make a choice and its online i want to buy. no room for testers.
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by kehindebad(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2009
Ladies,Ladies, Ladies,
no one mentioned any of the nigerian brands
I've heard rave reviews about Tara's Orekelewa,Banke's BMpro and Balogun's Lise
You ladies didnt even mention Sleek
well i dont use them (i'm a guy) grin
but i have loads of friends and family that use them,
hmm, i sell by the way, lol
sorry just had to chip that in
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by san26dy(f): 9:39am On Feb 11, 2009
Mac powder, that's all I use. No foundation, It makes my make up look heavy.
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by stormy98(f): 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2009
I looooove M.A.C but it's so darn expensive. I really like their powder and concealer, not really a fan of their foundations.

Other cosmetics i can think of are,
*Bobby brown - don't know if it's good though b/cos my friend broke out after using the foundation for a month
*Mary Kay
*Bare minerals
*Everyday minerals
*Black opal - it was okay but it made my skin very oily @ times
*Clinique
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by Pepeye(f): 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2009
There re other magnificent products such as Iman,
Black opal and Clinique
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by qudrat(f): 11:59am On Jun 11, 2009
Has anybody heard anything about the SONYA SKINCARE N MAKE UP?They are specially formulated cosmestic and make up with pure Aloe Vera to protect the and moisturise the skin,along with key antioxidants vitamins that keeps u lookin beautiful and younger.If u live in Lagos call JOLA on 07039696656 for a FREE facial and makeover with the products!
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by NaijaPosh(f): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2010
I love Mac products I feel that they highlight our faces the best and I also like that they last for a long time you dont have to keep buying them. I also every now and then use cover girl they sometimes have really pretty eye shadow colors and can blend well with other make up products. I plan to launch an online store that will sell these well know products to ladies in Nigeria, what other make up products would you like to see in this online store
Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by Travelista(f): 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
omoge25:

I have be using MAC for 4years now, this year I decided to try another brand its called Make up for ever. I like there concealer and powders. I have officially stopped using MAC because of them.

I co-sign with Make-up For Ever; great line and the colors are far better suited to women of color.

As for Black Opal, I didn't know they still made that! They were one of the first drugstore brands that actually tried to cater to Black women and then they disappeared in my area; I have to see if I can find them. If you are looking for highly pigmented shades at the drugstore, try Mileena (I think that's how you spell it). they were on sale and I bought this peacock blue/teal shade and was surprised at the color saturation.

I love make-up and can talk about it for hours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Original Zara's Man Shoes From Europe At Whole Sale Price For Resellers / See How Badly This Girl Is Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.