Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Relationship Between Rainfall And Powe Supply In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relationship Between Rainfall And Powe Supply In Nigeria (432 Views)

GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / See What Some Streets In Lagos Look Like After Heavy Rainfall (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Between Rainfall And Powe Supply In Nigeria by lionshare: 11:26am On Oct 17, 2013
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have always wondered why power supply seems to improve Only during rainy seasons. In my area, since July soon has the rain increased the power supply improved. Perhaps the experts in the house can explain the rationale behind this... And if this is only peculiar to Nigeria.
Re: Relationship Between Rainfall And Powe Supply In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2013
Also waiting to hear y
Re: Relationship Between Rainfall And Powe Supply In Nigeria by Zeebah23(f): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Relationship Between Rainfall And Powe Supply In Nigeria by Jxtmayor(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2013
Relationship b/w rainfall nd phcn.. When it is raining, there's no light.. If it rains heavily coupled with thunder strikes, no light for two days. Chikena..
Re: Relationship Between Rainfall And Powe Supply In Nigeria by lionshare: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
Jxt_mayor: Relationship b/w rainfall nd phcn.. When it is raining, there's no light.. If it rains heavily coupled with thunder strikes, no light for two days. Chikena..
Jxt_mayor: Relationship b/w rainfall nd phcn.. When it is raining, there's no light.. If it rains heavily coupled with thunder strikes, no light for two days. Chikena..

I guess you have better power supply during dry seasons in your...?
Re: Relationship Between Rainfall And Powe Supply In Nigeria by shiftmarket(m): 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
lionshare: I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have always wondered why power supply seems to improve Only during rainy seasons. In my area, since July soon has the rain increased the power supply improved. Perhaps the experts in the house can explain the rationale behind this... And if this is only peculiar to Nigeria.

The dams are fuller during this period as a result of the rains. More power is therefore usually generated. That is why it is during dry seasons that most govt brandish MEGAWATTS generated because this is like a peak period. Consequently, If the last mile infrastructure do not fail as a result of lightening or wind (eg poles falling and transformers blowing or like a previous poster said, if they are not drying their wires) this is the period to get more stable power.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Advance Security Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims / Nigerian Aviation Sector In Financial Turbulence / Police Disrupts ASUU Protest Inbayero University Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.