Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination (21982 Views)

Atiku And Wife Register For National I.D Card At Thier Abuja Residence / Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) / It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by gbadexy(m): 2:46am On Oct 18, 2013
The man gave valid reasons and he didn't altogether withdraw his support for the conference, he merely said he wished to be replaced by a younger member of the patriot.
Although I still with tinubu on this one that its an exercise in futility already.
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by azimibraun: 3:15am On Oct 18, 2013
Its important for every Nigerian graduate to have a fair knowledge of virtualy anything been said around him/her especially on socio-political and economic matters; be that as it may, we all mst not make comments on all issues we come accross especially in the social media. Sm ppl are better off not talking than when they talk. A lot of these folks can be found on Nairaland. Pls do the " read and waka" if u are not so brilliant to contribute to issues of national discourse yet." Life is a thing when you learn you grow" Damien Junior Gong 2 Da Zilla Marley (2010)

2 Likes

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by Obeyman: 3:28am On Oct 18, 2013
Ich_el: Who is nwabueze plz
Your village chief. Dull tin
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by Xfactoria: 3:34am On Oct 18, 2013
Well, I don't think the elder statesman did the right thing by ridiculing his appointment in the media. How can he assume that GEJ knew about his battle with prostate cancer? And even if GEJ knew and got a wrong impression of a well managed health condition from their previous meetings, a father like Nwabueze would stop at giving reasons for his inability to chair the committee and recommend a replacement in private and not openly make it look, in the media, like the President lacks brain.

Its hard to believe that Nwabueze spoke in this manner. I want to believe the press twisted the reporting of the interview to embarass GEJ. Some of them get paid by APC folks.

2 Likes

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by owolabifunke14(f): 4:17am On Oct 18, 2013
Both d op and d mod should edit this topic. The. Topic is deceptive

3 Likes

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by Reference(m): 4:57am On Oct 18, 2013
dannie04: scrolled down the thread and needle and am yet find the blast. @OP you are so full of deceit. Writing shit just to make fp

Nyet. The OP is spot on this one. Another bait for fish brains to chew and devour. Like most things in Nigeria, falling standards everywhere, a mad rush to the bottom.
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by nairaarea: 5:39am On Oct 18, 2013
the man has a point
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by Abrahman: 5:48am On Oct 18, 2013
ha jonathan,jonathan dont use ur own hand to fuk ur sef up,people are watching
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by mikechrist: 5:53am On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by ngoziowotubo: 6:02am On Oct 18, 2013
this man is truly sick and need to talk less and relax for the good of your motherland
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by nagoma(m): 6:03am On Oct 18, 2013
So you think you can please these people? Even if GEJ donates his prostate and half of his shriveled brain to this old man they will still complain. And if he conference is for real who says that only the agitators must lead it? We have eminent jurists with impeccable credentials who do not have to be part of these emotional temperamental zealots who are blinded by paranoia and cannot see beyond their noses.
Jona is fake and so are his choices, period.
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by gawu1: 6:16am On Oct 18, 2013
truth, they say, is bitter
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by saintgwizard(m): 6:21am On Oct 18, 2013
The word "blast" is inappropraite for this statement. He simply excused himself on health grounds.

OP please don't join our jounalist in the "craze" for bad news.
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by gratiaeo(m): 6:31am On Oct 18, 2013
This country is sick in the brain. I don't believe that anything good can still come of this country
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by theshadyexpress(m): 6:34am On Oct 18, 2013
Ghadafy:

Lol, maybe down syndrome..
maybe you have a brain tumor
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by Zadokk: 6:39am On Oct 18, 2013
Dat man should respect himself, if gej refuse to pay professor now he will have the health to lamente
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by sylve11: 6:41am On Oct 18, 2013
excell12go: If no b sey I respect dis man because of hn age, I for talk sey he dey crase.
He should av politely rejected the nomination rather than spew this...*Yorubas don't insult elders*

Time for Seun to register new members with the tendering of their JSSC has come. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by gegee(m): 6:41am On Oct 18, 2013
Abeg where d bomb blast happen ? undecided
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by bonetalk(m): 6:48am On Oct 18, 2013
johntousin: Eighty three-year old Ben Nwabueze has described his nomination to the 13-member national conference committee by President Goodluck Jonathan as inappropriate, stating that the appointment should be for a younger and healthier person.

“It is an appointment for a younger person, not for an old man of 83 years afflicted by ill-health,” the elder statesman said in a statement signed by him and distributed on Thursday.

According to him, the President should have requested the Patriots to nominate someone to the committee rather than asking him who is battling with a terminal illness at a very old age to come be part of the committee.

Prof. Nwabueze who leads the Patriots-a socio-political association of elderly Nigerians-claimed that the group got a hint of the planned conference during a meeting with President Jonathan in July and expected him to ask the group for someone to be on the committee.

Expressing his displeasure with the nomination, the octogenarian said “I never expected to be appointed............

For more details on this news:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146768-nwabueze-blasts-jonathan-inappropriately-nominating-national-conference-committee.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nwabueze-blasts-jonathan-inappropriately-nominating-national-conference-committee
but the tittle is misleading coz i didn't see where Jonathan was blast in what i read
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by Oyiboman69: 6:51am On Oct 18, 2013
excell12go: If no b sey I respect dis man because of hn age, I for talk sey he dey crase.
He should av politely rejected the nomination rather than spew this...*Yorubas don't insult elders*
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by Smooyis(m): 6:57am On Oct 18, 2013
Na wah o. Appointment wey som pple dey beg for.
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by seunlayi(m): 6:58am On Oct 18, 2013
[size=28pt]Why blame the OP for this trash? There are lots of trash threads in Nairaland. What was the Moderator thinking of when he brought this trash to the FP?
My judgement, the Moderator needs to be flogged. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by awodman: 7:02am On Oct 18, 2013
X-factoria:
Well, I don't think the elder statesman did the right thing by ridiculing his appointment in the media. How can he assume that GEJ knew about his battle with prostate cancer? And even if GEJ knew and got a wrong impression of a well managed health condition from their previous meetings, a father like Nwabueze would stop at giving reasons for his inability to chair the committee and recommend a replacement in private and not openly make it look, in the media, like the President lacks brain.

Its hard to believe that Nwabueze spoke in this manner. I want to believe the press twisted the reporting of the interview to embarass GEJ. Some of them get paid by APC folks.
irresponsible journalism from Premium Times..that is why I insist those guys are full of crap although they are more professional than their brother in crime Sahara reporters

1 Like

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by lionspot(m): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2013
Ich_el: Who is nwabueze plz
are u a nigerian ?

1 Like

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by kabba7(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2013
I think the old man has read the handwritting properly seeing Jonathans plans ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ convinced of the imminent failure know his health ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ age can't stand GEJ's plans believe the best option is to get out. Jona has a diabolical agenda
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by chucky234(m): 7:18am On Oct 18, 2013
Mods re-editing thread with deceitful title, incompetent chronic goons.
**unfollow thread**

2 Likes

Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by vislabraye(m): 7:19am On Oct 18, 2013
But how did he blast GEJ ? He simply declined the appointment. He probably decline due to iLl health as he said but it seems there's more to it.
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by nerodenero: 7:21am On Oct 18, 2013
bonetalk: but the tittle is misleading coz i didn't see where Jonathan was blast in what i read
Must you quote everythingAgain,you murdered English!I pity your reasoning.
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by Joe5(m): 7:27am On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by nerodenero: 7:28am On Oct 18, 2013
I dont blame Jonathan for the appointment at all.I blame our collective reasoning and the manner we approach national issues.Other past Presidents would taken the same decision by appointing Nwabueze.Why do we recycle old hands?Is it that bad that there are no younger and vibrant youths who could fill these positions?Must our collective resources and decision-making be centred among a few?These are the issues.I applaud the octogenarian for rejecting the post but he would have done so in private.Above all,it is high time we allow younger generations be involved in nation building.
Re: Nwabueze Blasts Jonathan For National Conference Committee Nomination by wordcat(m): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2013
presher: am i the first to read this trash

No, u're d first to write this trash.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde / Soldiers Kill Ombatse Leader, Arrest Others / Obasanjo Wants To Bring Down Buhari's Government - Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.