Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor (10465 Views)

Police Arrest Fake Recharge Cards Printers (photo) / Police Arrest Fake Soldier, Truck-load Of Cannabis (pictured) / Police Arrest Fake Soldier And Man,37 For Defiling Girl , 7 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by gratiaeo(m): 6:42am On Oct 18, 2013
LAGOS— LagosState Po-lice Command, yesterday, paraded a 40-year-old man, Adeyemi Stephen Akintolure, a suspected fake medical doctor, who claimed to be a staff of Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, with card No. 13541, identifying him as a surgeon and gynaecologist.
The fake medical doctor was also said to have fraudulently obtained N500,000 from one Joy Umosekhaimhe of 2, Adesanya Close, Ifeko-Gbagada.
Akintolure, who said he uses the wife’s car as a mobile clinic, said the money in question was borrowed from Umosekhaimhe, adding “actually, it was not N500,000. It was N260,000 she lent me to use for my brother’s ailment.”

He said he is from Ondo State, studied Marketing at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, as a part-time student and graduated in 1997.
According to Akintolure, “I have not treated more than 10 people. I just treat them for malaria and typhoid and I also give injections too because of my experience at Rivic Hospital at Akure.”
When asked how he got the identity card, he said he got it from a business centre and that the computer operator signed it for him.
He said that he charges between N3,000 and N4,000 per patient, adding that his wife was not aware of his trade.
Police Public Relations Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ngozi Braide, said she received a petition at the area H Police Command Headquarters, Ogudu, on July 19, that one[b] Adeyemi Stephen Akintolure[/b] obtained N500,000 from one Joy Umosekhaimhe.
Braide said that a letter was written to LUTH on July 23 to authenticate[b] Akintolure[/b] claims of being a staff.
She said: “On October 10, LUTH replied that the suspect is not an employee of the hospital and was not issued the identity card.
“In view of the revelation, the suspect confessed that he is not a medical doctor, but has been practising for about four years, using his wife’s vehicle as a mobile clinic.”
She said his house and vehicle were searched and drugs, injections, syringes and laboratory coat were recovered.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/police-nab-fake-luth-doctor/
Doctor wannabe

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by kingarizona(m): 6:44am On Oct 18, 2013
He said he is from OndoState, studied Marketing at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, as a part-time student and graduated in 1997./[/quote]

now don't blame it on ASUU, blame it on joblessness

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by owolabifunke14(f): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2013
This slowpoke has brought shame and disgrace to us the good people of Ondo State. What on planet earth led him to this kind of crime? A marketer parading himself as doctor,he wants to kill people at will or what? I employ the law to unleash full wrath on him. We cannot forgive him. What a wicked man

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by lakesguy(m): 8:35am On Oct 18, 2013
No sound education' no employment' no security' no sound health' corruption is takin over the place' I tire for diz country ooo ' he go better' he go better' nah when he wan better sef?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2013
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by owolabifunke14(f): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2013
lakesguy: No sound education' no employment' no security' no sound health' corruption is takin over the place' I tire for diz country ooo ' he go better' he go better' nah when he wan better sef?
But this man got sound education,why turn to crime?
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by lakesguy(m): 8:58am On Oct 18, 2013
owolabifunke14: But this man got sound education,why turn to crime?
his got education but not sure his sound' A sane and litrate person will not act under such pressure' I stil blame diz on our govt' Rate of unemployment is just on the high side' May God help us for diz country..

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by passion007: 9:22am On Oct 18, 2013
How come it took LUTH all the time from Jul 23 to Oct 10 just to deny that Akintolure was their staff!
Nawa for Civil Service oh!
We turn our radar to focus on Government laxity, while ignoring the little foxes that ruin the vineyard.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by owolabifunke14(f): 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
lakesguy: his got education but not sure his sound' A sane and litrate person will not act under such pressure' I stil blame diz on our govt' Rate of unemployment is just on the high side' May God help us for diz country..
Government takes 60% of the blames while ordinary citizens should take 40%. There is this thing called dignity in labour,most Nigerians don't believe in it and that's the starting point of these crimes you are seeing everywhere in the country.
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by konjakonja(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2013
This is shocking,who knows how many people he has killed during treatment.God help nigeria to grow this kind of mess very soon

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by owolabifunke14(f): 10:43am On Oct 20, 2013
konjakonja: This is shocking,who knows how many people he has killed during treatment.God help nigeria to grow this kind of mess very soon
Amen
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by konjakonja(m): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2013
passion007: How come it took LUTH all the time from Jul 23 to Oct 10 just to deny that Akintolure was their staff!
Nawa for Civil Service oh!
We turn our radar to focus on Government laxity, while ignoring the little foxes that ruin the vineyard.
Maybe no monitoring team on ground.The country stinks

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Idiataqueen(f): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
Stupid man u will rot in prison u dupe my aunt and think u will go scot free foolish man
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by konjakonja(m): 10:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
Idiata queen: Stupid man u will rot in prison u dupe my aunt and think u will go scot free foolish man
u knw him?
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by RealAlfranco: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2013
Crime don finish 4 dis world... The criminals are just rebranding and giving it a face-lift!!!
A fake doctor giving medical treatment,shows da extent of rebranding!!!
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by olahero(m): 9:27am On Oct 23, 2013
hmmmm this kontiri self mtchew.
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2013
Such Innocent looking man embarassed
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 23, 2013
When the so called real medical doctors are busy 'striking', hindering the progress of other para medical staff, why wont this happen.
All they knw how to do is head all health parastatals without doing their main duties.
All the blame goes to the Nigerian Doctors and the goverment.
Such a nice looking man.
May thunda strike u if u quote me negatively.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Okijajuju1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Heheheheheeeee

I saw all the deleted comments before now and all I can say is that you guys missed.... grin

Thats all....

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Ruchidera(f): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hmmm... Only God knows how many people he would have killed angry
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Lilimax(f): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
Good for him... angry
He should be dealt with severely angry

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Dygeasy(m): 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by 3ace(m): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
Okija_juju: Heheheheheeeee

I saw all the deleted comments before now and all I can say is that you guys missed.... grin

Thats all....
Let me guess, tribal comments abi? D time wey I see d culprit's name, I know say tribalism go sure for dis thread.
Re: Police Arrest Fake LUTH Doctor by Kaxmytex(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
Aigoo...
Mr man,u don enta 1 chance o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lies (myths) "Yahoo Boys" Want You To Believe And Nigerians Believe / We Caught A Man With SUV Making Love To A Mad Woman And He Gave Us This Pic / NCC To Prosecute Telemarketers Illegally Accessing Phone Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.