Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Is Groundnuts Always In Bottles And Not Plastics. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Groundnuts Always In Bottles And Not Plastics. (2655 Views)

See The Evolution Coca-Cola Bottles Went Through Over The Years! (PIC) / What Do You Call Groundnuts In Your Native Dialects?? / Coca Cola Bottles And Rust: The Epidemic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Groundnuts Always In Bottles And Not Plastics. by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2013
Hello peepz....pls i'm planning to send some groundnuts to a frnd who stays oversea and am considering how to preserve it to retain the quality......but i observe they mostly use bottles and not plastics to preserve it.....but bottle would cost a lot of money to send cause of the weight.....pls any reason for using bottle??
Re: Why Is Groundnuts Always In Bottles And Not Plastics. by homesteady(m): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2013
I think they use glass bottle because they want it to look more attractive!
But You can put it anything that you like!
Re: Why Is Groundnuts Always In Bottles And Not Plastics. by aeu1: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Anything airtight will be ok eg 4 litter Jerry can. We have big bottles too. Also paint bucket can do. In that case, use a thicker bread wrapper to conceal the groundnuts. I like those chemical or drug containers cos of their thick plastic gauge. Check market or hospitals or Chemists - Drug stores. Lastly, don't peel the nuts after frying
Re: Why Is Groundnuts Always In Bottles And Not Plastics. by dominique(f): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
No matter what you use, make sure you seal it tightly to avoid air from getting to it. I think glass bottle preserves it better.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Groundnuts Always In Bottles And Not Plastics. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Oh really?....any advantages of not peeling it?...
aeu1: Anything airtight will be ok eg 4 litter Jerry can. We have big bottles too. Also paint bucket can do. In that case, use a thicker bread wrapper to conceal the groundnuts. I like those chemical or drug containers cos of their thick plastic gauge. Check market or hospitals or Chemists - Drug stores. Lastly, don't peel the nuts after frying
Re: Why Is Groundnuts Always In Bottles And Not Plastics. by aeu1: 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Beverly1: Oh really?....any advantages of not peeling it?...
yes
Peeled nuts absorbs air easily than ones with peels. The consumer will peel n eat. that's why only fast selling shops. at motor parks n market retailers are ones that peel to sell. Ordinary shops don't peel. Confirm

(1) (Reply)

Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? / Check Out The Evolution Of Coca Cola Bottles / See What This Boy Is Eating X X X 18+ Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.