Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,808 members, 7,851,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

Scam Alert Purportedly Sent By Diamond Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert Purportedly Sent By Diamond Bank (1232 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? / Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert Purportedly Sent By Diamond Bank by guyANDROID1: 8:37am On Oct 18, 2013
I got below message yesterday Thursday 17-10-2013

"Welcome to Diamond Mobile. Your PIN is 2***. To download mobile app, click http://www.diamondbank.com/mobile/mobilebankerpro.jar or visit www.diamondbank.com"

Then I proceed to download the app on my blackberry phone earlier this morning cuz I knew i updated my account(alert number) with diamond bank last week.

I install the app and I was happy that I don't need to go to the bank again and request for my Mobile Money pin since it was already sent by diamond bank.

While using the app i notice few things below:

1.The app logo on my menu is white and not like diamond bank Green,red etc.

2.The app menu doesn't have anything like 'change your account' details like phone number.

3.There is nothing like using your savings or current account to do transfer.

4.When I tried to buy airtime or check my account balance, it requested for my bank account number and pin, then it ask me to send it to the following numbers; +2348035354177
+2348035354301.

From this angle I smell scam and I login to my app world to get the real diamond Mobile banking app which is quite different from the previous one.

The real one will ask you to activate your account and get the pin at the branch where you register your account and also the logo is different.

So please diamond account users beware of this scam and also I want any of their workers here on NL to verify this if it is true or not.

Thanks, mod help move to frontpage for the benefit of others.
Re: Scam Alert Purportedly Sent By Diamond Bank by Kennysazzy(m): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2013
Thanks
Re: Scam Alert Purportedly Sent By Diamond Bank by valboy20(m): 12:30am On Nov 04, 2013
same here ...I had to uninstall the useless app immediately

(1) (Reply)

5 Days Mini Importation Training / Naira To Rise Further As Banks Reject Dollars / Wholesale Chiavari Chair Manufacturers, Cross Back Chair Suppliers, China Napole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.