Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Pharmacy Or Chemical Engineering? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pharmacy Or Chemical Engineering? (4854 Views)

Matured Minds Only:which Is Better,pharmacy Or MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES / Can I Switch From Pharmacy Or Dentistry To Medicine???advice Pls!!! / Industrial Chemistry Vs Chemical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pharmacy Or Chemical Engineering? by Capableben(m): 8:40am On Oct 18, 2013
My fellow n'landers; am a kind of confused o.
I have ascertained myself and seen that i fancy both field (engineering / pharmacy)

I want u guys to advice me on which of the two courses has better prospects and will be more suitable in our nigerian setting.

As for the subject cases(eng bio chem maths phy), i understand them well that i can fit into any of the fields.

#ADVICE ME#

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Or Chemical Engineering? by eddiegate(m): 10:29am On Oct 18, 2013
Ma broda,fill any1 ooooo,afta u don choose ur own,university go gve u their own...abi norbi naija we dey?
Re: Pharmacy Or Chemical Engineering? by drered(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
You'd hardly see a pharmacy grad that is unemployed or can't find an Internship placement. The beauty in pharmacy is its diversity. Pharmacist fit into so many works of life both unrelated and related to the profession ; Hospital/Retail/Academic/Manufacture/Quality assurance etc. Pharmacies are being opened everyday so they are always jobs and they also pay big cash to use your cert to register the place. Apart from diversity there's flexibilty. You can work in 2,3 places (locum) and make a very descent pay. Immediately after graduation, you can earn anything between 100large to 200large per month during your internship. I would suppose they are much more engineers relative to pharmacist out there and you know the less available a particular skill set is the greater their remuneration.

Pharmacy is also pretty tough. For the fact that you can diversify you should also be able to infer that the course itself is quiet broad ; From drug chemistry to their synthesis and how they can also be obtained, identified and extracted from natural sources to pharmaceutical microbiology, to drug dosage forms, analysis, assay and formulation to anatomy, physiology, clinicals( extensive study of virtually all disease states and their therapy). You gotta be able to sacrifice loads of your time and be persistent. A typical day in my school is 8-1 lectures, 2-5/6 practicals and same follows the next day. Remember u gotta report practicals and also study and be ready for extra classes. Exams are usually at a stretch, monday-saturday then you continue the next monday, no breaks in-between. No carry overs, you are allowed a couple of resits (3-4 depending on course unit and level) but if you fail just a course twice or more than the limit you'll repeat the whole year. There's even this silly thing where if you can't write an exam because you are sick and then you fail another course, you'll have to repeat the whole year. So its pretty much hardcore but its worth it. Was speaking to a senior colleague(a pharmacist now) that we used to read/complain about pharmacy school together and he said he would study pharmacy 10times over..
I suppose chemical engineering is okay too but pharmacy is what I can tell you about. Choose wisely mate cuz what you study can make or mar you. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Pharmacy Or Chemical Engineering? by Capableben(m): 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
drered: You'd hardly see a pharmacy grad that is unemployed or can't find an Internship placement. The beauty in pharmacy is its diversity. Pharmacist fit into so many works of life both unrelated and related to the profession ; Hospital/Retail/Academic/Manufacture/Quality assurance etc. Pharmacies are being opened everyday so they are always jobs and they also pay big cash to use your cert to register the place. Apart from diversity there's flexibilty. You can work in 2,3 places (locum) and make a very descent pay. Immediately after graduation, you can earn anything between 100large to 200large per month during your internship. I would suppose they are much more engineers relative to pharmacist out there and you know the less available a particular skill set is the greater their remuneration.

Pharmacy is also pretty tough. For the fact that you can diversify you should also be able to infer that the course itself is quiet broad ; From drug chemistry to their synthesis and how they can also be obtained, identified and extracted from natural sources to pharmaceutical microbiology, to drug dosage forms, analysis, assay and formulation to anatomy, physiology, clinicals( extensive study of virtually all disease states and their therapy). You gotta be able to sacrifice loads of your time and be persistent. A typical day in my school is 8-1 lectures, 2-5/6 practicals and same follows the next day. Remember u gotta report practicals and also study and be ready for extra classes. Exams are usually at a stretch, monday-saturday then you continue the next monday, no breaks in-between. No carry overs, you are allowed a couple of resits (3-4 depending on course unit and level) but if you fail just a course twice or more than the limit you'll repeat the whole year. There's even this silly thing where if you can't write an exam because you are sick and then you fail another course, you'll have to repeat the whole year. So its pretty much hardcore but its worth it. Was speaking to a senior colleague(a pharmacist now) that we used to read/complain about pharmacy school together and he said he would study pharmacy 10times over..
I suppose chemical engineering is okay too but pharmacy is what I can tell you about. Choose wisely mate cuz what you study can make or mar you. Good luck.
wow, what an invaluable contribution. thank u sir
pls which uni do u skul?
Re: Pharmacy Or Chemical Engineering? by drered(m): 11:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Capableben:
wow, what an invaluable contribution. thank u sir
pls which uni do u skul?

You welcome. University of Ibadan smiley

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Or Chemical Engineering? by ejomsuccess(m): 11:19pm On May 13, 2016
I love maths a lot and want to go for chemical engineering but my dad think otherwise, he prefer I go for pharmacy

(1) (Reply)

NECO 2019/2020 Registration Form / Abu Special Admission 2019/2020 Form Is Out / HINARI Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.