Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

If You Were The President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President Of Nigeria (694 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Ten Things I Would Do If I Were The President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria by AMossley(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
I was at a speech competition where secondary school students across Lagos state spoke on "If I were the president of Nigeria"
I know that football fans always know how to play better than those on the pitch and most Nigerians are good at pointing at the speck on other people's eyes without minding the plank in their own eyes.So I want to throw it open to nairalanders,what would you do if you were the president of Nigeria?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria by ChideraFavour(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
I wll make nairaland a must join forum 4 all naija n wll also channel all Nigeria resources 2 tourism, flexn day n night. Lolz
lets I 4gt am I d first 2 ..... or wht?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria by AMossley(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Chidera Favour: I wll make nairaland a must join forum 4 all naija n wll also channel all Nigeria resources 2 tourism, flexn day n night. Lolz
lets I 4gt am I d first 2 ..... or wht?
then,our flexing leaders shouldn't be blamed?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
How many times una go ask this question? Yet if I contest election una no go vote me. Una go say I no popular or I no dey major party. How I go take become president?

Wait till I get there first before u knw.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria by KiKatanga: 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
1) Oil refineries: Nigeria is an Petrol and Diesel Importer even though it's an Oil Economy: Shameful.

2) Power Stations: Create a national scholarship programme for Civil Engineers and invite the Chinese to build Gas Fired power stations whilst offering apprenticeships to Nigerian youths.

3) Increased School Funding: Nigerian School to be Mandatory and Free to age 18, teachers to be qualified to at least Bachelor's Level in their subject, Curriculum to be re-written based on the Danish and Korean syllabi.

4) New system of trams to be built in major cities with Intercity railways linking them, work to be given to unemployed labourers, rolling stock to be made in the country with international support.

5) Nigerian Health Staff to be incentivised back from the UK, US and Europe with free childcare, education and accommodation.

Lots of other ideas, too many to list -- It's not hard to know what Nigeria needs.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria by AMossley(m): 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ki-Katanga:
1) Oil refineries: Nigeria is an Petrol and Diesel Importer even though it's an Oil Economy: Shameful.

2) Power Stations: Create a national scholarship programme for Civil Engineers and invite the Chinese to build Gas Fired power stations whilst offering apprenticeships to Nigerian youths.

3) Increased School Funding: Nigerian School to be Mandatory and Free to age 18, teachers to be qualified to at least Bachelor's Level in their subject, Curriculum to be re-written based on the Danish and Korean syllabi.

4) New system of trams to be built in major cities with Intercity railways linking them, work to be given to unemployed labourers, rolling stock to be made in the country with international support.

5) Nigerian Health Staff to be incentivised back from the UK, US and Europe with free childcare, education and accommodation.

Lots of other ideas, too many to list -- It's not hard to know what Nigeria needs.
so you won't fight corruption?Because to me,it's the bane of our country's progress
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria by KiKatanga: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
A.Mossley:

so you won't fight corruption?Because to me,it's the bane of our country's progress

Open all books to the public so people could see how much was being spent on what.

Create a 1% bounty for anyone who reported another's corruption, so the informer earned 1% of whatever the State took back.

Prohibit any serving official or elected member from educating any of their children outside of Nigeria up to Masters Level.

Require any serving politician to declare all assets prior to taking office; pay for accommodation and food, bills, holidays etcetera through department accounts and transfer salary 24 months in arrears with those payments deducted. In the event of a corruption charge, all outstanding salary would be forfeited.

If anyone can supply audio or video evidence of a bribe being requested, they are required to pay the bribe and report to a separate public corruption office. Where their recoding is uploaded to the internet, and their bribe is returned in full.

Require all serving officials to use bank cards to make purchases and bar them from having other sources of income: if their records show significant non-Governmental income, they are sacked, barred from working in the Public sector and where possible prosecuted.

Give public servants 5% of their salary as pensions which are lost in the event of a dishonourable discharge.

(1) (Reply)

PPPRA Management Infresh N3.5 BILLION Fraud Scandal / Imo Roads Have Become Death Traps And Erosion Sites / Boko Haram: CAN Raises Alarm Over Fresh Attacks On Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.