Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Outrageous PHCN Bill: What Should I Do? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Outrageous PHCN Bill: What Should I Do? (845 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) / How Much Is Your Monthly PHCN Bill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Outrageous PHCN Bill: What Should I Do? by eyenCalabar(m): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your voice on this. I moved into this virgin compound where PHCN has never dropped their bills there before. I then talked to the Landlord that we should make effort and get the light registered which he showed a positive response and we did. By the way, I am the only one staying in this compound at the moment. We got the light registered in August and in September bill came, guess how much, 6,343.05 NGN. They even put last payment date to be 03/03/2012 which I paid 4,000 NGN according to them.

Meanwhile, on the bill I couldn't find where to even go and pay them the money i.e. the business unit the bill originated from within the town. That month I was very busy I couldn't find out which of their business unit the bill came from so I called one of them that I know and explained everything to him and he agreed to help with 3,000 NGN promising that subsequent months it won't be that high. I gave him the money and travelled. Sincerely, I don't know if he paid for me or not.

Today, coming back from work they have dropped another claimed to be for October. Guess how much, 12,686.10 NGN with previous balance of 6,343.00 NGN that I supposedly paid. Or maybe the so-called friend I called to help used it on something else. In this whole thing, what really got me bewildered is the fact that PHCN has handed over to the new private managers but here they are still billing us. What is happening in the power sector my people? Is this suppose to be an exploitation? How should I go about this please?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Akinwumi Adesina Named Forbes African Of The Year / Is Sincere9gerian The Poster Of The Year?......... / 13 Things You Shouldn’t Tell Your Friends About Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.