Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor (7596 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Fynestboi: 4:24am On Oct 19, 2013
fynestboi: Super Eagles fringe player, Victor Obinna Nsofor has stated that that the team will not be under any pressure to beat Ethiopia when they meet in the second leg of the World Cup qualifier in Calabar on November 16.

The Eagles confirmed their class over Ethiopia with a 2-1 win in Addis Ababa last Sunday to put one leg in the 2014 World Cup.

Couple with the fact that the Eagles have not lost any match in their qualification campaign home and away and also that Calabar has become like a fortress, it will be a difficult task for the Ethiopians.

“We are not under any pressure after our win in Ethiopia. They will be the ones under pressure. We will play good football and score loads of goals to qualify for the World Cup,” the Lokomotiv Moscow forward said.

Obinna said he was happy with his performance after coming off the substitutes’ bench in the first leg, although he admits there is always room for improvement.
He added: “The altitude (in Ethiopia) affected most of us and we waited for them in the first half to give us what they have.

“It was a difficult game for us all, but we fought as a team to get the needed result.

“I was introduced to stabilise the midfield and I did it to the best of my ability but sincerely my best is yet to come for the Super Eagles.
“One thing I can say for now is that I will continue to give my all for this team to ensure that we make our country proud, for sure.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/pressure-beat-ethiopia-nsofor/

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by naturalwaves: 6:12am On Oct 19, 2013
I didn't see Nsofor in that first leg match or maybe I didn't watch well. Who was substituded for him? Someone should please answer. How could I watch with so much loss of concentration when I am not an old man? lol.

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Danhumprey: 6:48am On Oct 19, 2013
naturalwaves: I didn't see Nsofor in that first leg match or maybe I didn't watch well. Who was substituded for him?
Same with me. I can't remember seeing him playing. I can recall two players being substituted,Victor Moses and Nnamdi Oduamadi. They were replaced by Brown Ideye and Nosa Igiebor. So,when did Nsofor played?
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Danhumprey: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2013
The Ethiopians would really be under pressure and fear. They know they have lost the match already. The fact that they are gonna be playing us in our own land,coupled with the fact that they could be attacked in revenge for what their fans did to our team in the first leg,could really weaken them psychologically.
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by WizPrince1(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
Don't worry bro, Oluwa is involved

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Soso990240(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
Beter not be.dont joke with our Ticket.. wink

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Afam4eva(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
Nsofor did not play in the first leg but as a member of the team, he's as entitled to the victory as those that played.

Lol@Nsofor, a fringe player. This world is wicked walahi

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Sijo01(f): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mi very sure Eagles are gonna spell 'Ethiopia' with goals.
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by bionicdude(m): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
no need 2 worry.d harder game has been won.we ought 2 be talking about hotel reservations and processing visas for brazil
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by pfijacobs(m): 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
.Nnekwenum imanuela o! Prodigal son don dey talk sef. Abeg kari ya scata scata leg park wel.. Odua's pipu... I mean oduamadi yarn me jor!
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Gwekzy: 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Nsofor dey smoke dry plantain leave ni Which 1 be dis' we ll not' we dat' we no want U na by force Y Keshi even invite dis boi self Neva liked his style of play,he hardly looks up to see a pass... He dey alws look down like som1 wey dey find needle 4 desert...
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by WildChild00(m): 12:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
I have always said this over and over, Nairaland should stop place news from Vanguard newspaper, they ,are not reliable the last time I was checking, Victor Obinna Nsofor never played in that match.

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by aforosco(m): 12:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
nsofor no play ooo.eh first time i made front page dancing lagbaja no do no do
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by elampiro(m): 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
Worst journalism of the century by Vanguard newspaper. Was it Nsofor they interrogated or they meant Nosa Igiebor?
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by 0monnakoda: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
Which kain "WE" Nsofor dey talk,Him follow??
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Godyke(m): 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
Are you sure this is Obinna himself talking or his PA. When did he come off the bench to play? who did he replace? and at what time of the match did he come in. That's why am doubtful if these comments actually came from Nsofor himself.
As for the game at hand in Calabar, eagles should be under pressure to ensure we defeat them because with what happened in Ethiopia, don't be surprised to see a repetition. The Ethiopians really outplayed the eagles. We were just lucky to have been favoured to carry the day. That game was actually a draw and if not for the penalty, it would have been a win over Nigeria. Let's be sincere with ourselves.
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Elvin247(m): 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
lolz...Maybe him play during d training session
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by dedons: 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
Who say nsofor no play

For your information,na the guy spirit i see 4 dat pitch

only people with spiritual eyes know what i mean

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by femi4: 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
But Nsofor did not play the first leg now. I think the statement should be credited to Nosa Igiebor
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by WildChild00(m): 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
elampiro: Worst journalism of the century by Vanguard newspaper. Was it Nsofor they interrogated or they meant Nosa Igiebor?

Vanguard, I hate that newspaper, for real, Wayo-Wayo newspaper...
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by damosky12(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
Godyke: Are you sure this is Obinna himself talking or his PA. When did he come off the bench to play? who did he replace? and at what time of the match did he come in. That's why am doubtful if these comments actually came from Nsofor himself.
As for the game at hand in Calabar, eagles should be under pressure to ensure we defeat them because with what happened in Ethiopia, don't be surprised to see a repetition. The Ethiopians really outplayed the eagles. We were just lucky to have been favoured to carry the day. That game was actually a draw and if not for the penalty, it would have been a win over Nigeria. Let's be sincere with ourselves.
Hope you are alright? You obviously dont know football. The Super Eagles made do of their experience despite the loads of unfavourable circumstances. That wasnt luck but tactical experience. In Calabar, there is the home of the Super Eagles where they need'nt worry about the altitude, rough pitch, hostile fans and other tricks, now, they will focus and outplay the Ethiopians scoring anough goas as usual.

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Chinoble(f): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
E no concern me sha.. cool
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Etumgbe(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
Nsofor shut up. Are u a super eagles player? If i hear pim for ur mouth again u go hear nwii

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by sCun: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
That's why you'l remain a bench warmer.
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Druss(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
What kind of junk journalism is this one? When did Nsofor come on?

Subs were

Nosa and Ideye
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Godyke(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
damosky12:
Hope you are alright? You obviously dont know football. The Super Eagles made do of their experience despite the loads of unfavourable circumstances. That wasnt luck but tactical experience. In Calabar, there is the home of the Super Eagles where they need'nt worry about the altitude, rough pitch, hostile fans and other tricks, now, they will focus and outplay the Ethiopians scoring anough goas as usual.

Come, you don't have to start by addressing me with such rude comments. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinions and you are not compelled to accept mine.
I have a reservoir of insults in which I also have one that will be suitable for you. But I won't do that because I am much more matured than you and wouldn't want to derail this thread. If you want cheap popularity or seeking for attention go get it somewhere.

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by seunlayi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
WildChild00: I have always said this over and over, Nairaland should stop place news from Vanguard newspaper, they ,are not reliable the last time I was checking, Victor Obinna Nsofor never played in that match.
[size=28pt]And now, a careless or less informed mod decided to put the thrash on the FP again. Seun, you better put this ur mod to check[/size]

Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
if i catch you nsofor ,sha shoot all those you shot for dat yeye keeper for calaber .
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by bjjbam: 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Your best is yet to come for d Eagles Funny! Cause if u ask me, I would say u already past your best young man.
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by WaziriFamily(m): 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
naturalwaves: I didn't see Nsofor in that first leg match or maybe I didn't watch well. Who was substituded for him? Someone should please answer. How could I watch with so much loss of concentration when I am not an old man? lol.
My brother, Nsofor did nt play, he's on d bench......
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
The writer of this news is likely to be a drunk fisherman.
Nsofor didn't play in the Ethiopia match.
Afam4eva: Lol@Nsofor, a fringe player. This world is wicked walahi
I tell ya. Wahalahi tahalahi, our fifu (people) wicked fah!
Where is the writer of this news when Nsofor was consistent for the Super Eagles between 2006-2010?
Some people v short memories. The word 'fringe player' need not to be used for Nsofor.
Last Bullet
Nsofor is also sipping 'ogogoro'.
How can he be telling us that his best for the Super Eagles is yet to come? Wetin he wan deliver again?
Okay, he ll score the winning goal for us @ the next world cup.
Re: We Are Not Under Pressure To Beat Ethiopia – Nsofor by lexyman(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fynestboi:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/pressure-beat-ethiopia-nsofor/

Can d Mod move this false news from the front page and let us enjoy our weekend ...

Nose igiehbor came in as a substitute to stabilise the midfield. Not Nsofor ....

Bet9ja Has Started Cheating Winners..!!!!! / Week 42 Pool RSK Papers 2024: Bob Morton, Capital Intl, Soccer X Research, Bigwi / Quality Plain T-shirt @3,300 Only