Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja (15233 Views)

Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State / Building Collapses In Lagos Killing Two Sisters With Pics / Four Storey Mall Collapses In Accra, Ghana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Fynestboi: 4:35am On Oct 19, 2013
fynestboi: A two-storey building collapsed yesterday in Utako District of Abuja, the nation’s capital city, just as one of the occupants escaped death narrowly.

The collapsed building which was an abandoned one and situated behind Media Trust office, publishers of Daily Trust Newspaper took place barely few weeks after a block of a government secondary school collapsed in Karu, a suburb town in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)

Saturday Vanguard gathered that although, the illegal occupants of the abandoned building escaped unhurt when the incident took place yesterday at 9am, but one of them was said to have narrowly-escaped.

When contacted, director of FCT Development Control Department, Yahaya Yusuf who explained that the building had long been marked for demolition and the owner was expected to foot the financial cost of the integrity test, said, “we are aware that there was a building collapse somewhere in Utako.

We had already marked the building and we told the owner to stop work. We were at the stage of conducting an integrity test when we heard about the building collapse.

”An independent body was supposed to do that at the expense of the owner. There were no casualties as occupants of the uncompleted building had already been warned to vacate.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/two-storey-building-collapses-abuja/
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by badmeat(m): 6:25am On Oct 19, 2013
shocked
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Akshow: 8:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Thank God no one died. Ile ooni wo mo wa loori lagbara Olorun o

7 Likes

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 19, 2013
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by ginajet(f): 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
end time tinz
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Bpriest(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
Pictures?
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
It was an abandoned building. Ok, no wahala
Was even marked for demolition
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Etumgbe(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
ginajet: end time tinz
MOD over to you. Banning tinz

2 Likes

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by kekakuz(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
rt
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by felzylix(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
Half baked report... NO picture(s)
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by raphael4u2c: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yes o...hapnd front of ma houz. Its shockin. Cryin in wizkids voice.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by bee444: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
9ja with silly ways of reporting things. What happened to the picture?
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by premlove(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
I don even forget watin i wan type now
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by hardbody: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
raphael4u2c: Yes o...hapnd front of ma houz. Its shockin. Cryin in wizkids voice.

Better move from there, it might be the ground shifted and who knows the next house to get under. If you have sisters, I have accommodation.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2013

Pics or it didn't happen!
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Big4wig(m): 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
F*ck it,,i wish 1 or more ASUU or political thief was inside....ndi osi ego...

In other news
A girl is said to be grown up when
she starts wearing a bra.
A boy is grown up when he starts
removing it

#BIGWIG

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by esbjaygmailco(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
show us the collapsed building
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Sijo01(f): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
Not again.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by papindinho(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
everyday na this and that. God save us o.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
If anybody blame Government on this thread it will only further prove my point of Nigerian Hypocrisy and blaming attributes.

Because na this same Nairaland we dey where people dey rain curses on Government whenever they try to destroy all these illegal and abandoned buildings. So just relax and enjoy the consequences of your disregard for 'what's right'. Maybe this people should ask God or the wind to resettle them. Or rain curses on the wind for not only destroying their buildings but also killing their people along with it grin. Clueless Nigerians/Nairalanders tongue
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Upsohigh: 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
Pls i need peoples opinon may be on front page. I want to seek the professional interpretation to when exactly can we say foods and drinks and other related product are expired,is it the real date on the product,months to the date or year, bearing in mind some are with the inscription,'to be kept in cool place ' yet displayed under the sun for sale. can we still take it some days after the due day or what do you think?
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by raphael4u2c: 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
hardbody:

Better move from there, it might be the ground shifted and who knows the next house to get under. If you have sisters, I have accommodation.
. Aii. We dey road. Hope say u b obama pikin ba
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by clever5680: 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
U want 2 demolish a buildin, u ar waitin 4 d owner 2 pay 4 d process. Cant stop amusin me

2 Likes

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
clever5680: U want 2 demolish a buildin, u ar waitin 4 d owner 2 pay 4 d process. Cant stop amusin me

U dey mind them......they didn't mark any building for demolition.If you want to demolish, any need for an integrity test?

2 Likes

Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
Post removed by the author
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
Sorry o
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Beync(f): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
You people should leave the op jor
His phone doesn't have camera
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by TUNEX89(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
As usual.
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Lilaex: 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Karma on d move
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
ferdimako:

U dey mind them......they didn't mark any building for demolition. If you want to demolish, any need for an integrity test?

Another clueless comment from a clueless Nairalander.
You guys must think they just demolish any building that looks 'old'/'bad' without performing any test to know if the building is indeed weak and dangerous. Tschew
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by blaze007(m): 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
undecidedU al knw hw it is. Picture or it didnt hapen!!!
Re: Two-storey Building Collapses In Abuja by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
hardbody:

grin grin
raphael4u2c: Yes o...hapnd front of ma houz. Its shockin. Cryin in wizkids voice.
post pix of the ruins

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vincent Jack Is Dead! (Ondo FRSC Boss) / Guiness Book Of Records Awards Woman With World's Largest Natural Br**sts(photos / If You Could Rename Yourself, What Will It Be This Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.