Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Urgent Advice!1 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Urgent Advice!1 (944 Views)

Urgent Advice With Evidence In Quran Or Hadith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice!1 by yemi221(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2008
salam alykum, i need your advice
my half brother will be geting married in some couples of weeks.actually my mum is not currently with my dad.so we stay{siblings} with my mum.one fact is that my mum is not attending the wedding.because of the misundastings with my dad and her mum{second wife} one thing about me is that am always shy when it comes to parties.and they ave chossen cloth to be worn on that day.GUYZ HOW DO You WANT ME REACT ON THAT DAY.ABEG I NEED UNA ADVICE. I DONT NO WHAT TO DO
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by babs787(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
Salam brother, you would need to go. That happens to be one of those things the holy prophet want us to be attending and you should remeber that you should not allow the issue betwen your parent to separate you from your siblings, its a sin and you should avoid that. Never allow family tie to break during your own time.

The holy prophet said that the prayer of one who refuses to talk to his brothers/sisters would not be answered until he make amends.
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by olabowale(m): 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2008
Jazakallahu Khair, Brother babs787. To my esteem brother, whose sibling is getting married, please know that their is nothing half, about a brother or sister, in Islam. The half thing, is a degenerated concept of disbeliefs and its not part of the Islamic culture. Allah emphasises the relationships, both on the father and as well as the mother sides as wholesome and complete.

Then the issue of attending your brother's day or occasion whereby he performs 50% of his Islamic obligation, should not be a thing that your should fail to attend. It is part of your obligation as his brother by blood (family ties) and by religion (Islam). He has these 2 rights over you. If you were to be living in the same household, he would have the 3rd right of neighborliness on you.

But those people who are not his blood will attend. Then there is not excuse for you, as a healthy man to fail to attend. You should also tell your mom, to attend. She also need to begin the process of healing, and forgiveness for the pleasure of Allah. You could be a source of your mother's receiving mercy. If you are old enough to have dialogue with your father, you need to encourage him as a muslim to bring his house in order and foster the tree of love, unity, respect and harmony, etc. This is Islam. Forgiveness is very essential among mankind, if we hope to be forgiven by Allah.
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by yemi221(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2008
jazakumullahu khiran olabowale and bab787. i am so grateful for ur advice.u guyz made my day.about my mum coming to d wedding that is quite hard.she is too strict.she had divorce my dad 4 the past 13years.thanks all the same
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by javalove(m): 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2008
m in d same shoes at brother yemi. my parents have been separated for God knows how long, more than 17yrs now. I don't even know how to make the reconciliations happen but i know a time will come when i would have to, maybe when i m to get married. i get soooo sad anytime i think of it. may Allah make it easy all the same.

@yemi
olohun a se eyi ti o da. follow the advice of the brothers above and lets know how it all went, ok? cheesy
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by yemi221(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2008
salam my brothers, there is anoda problem. on the same day of the wedding i have an exam in futminna i jst confirm that yestaday. i am in troble. WON MA SO MI LENU. wat do i do?
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by olabowale(m): 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2008
You need to talk to your brother who is getting married. You have to tell him that you have an examination on the same day. You also have to assure him, that after the examinations, you will head to his occasion for which good things are happening to him.

You however can not give any excuse to the examination body. Your brother should accept your excuse, in goodfaith, because it is forbidden to be suspecious in islam. When you arrive, finally after your examinations, you may, out of your own reassurance of goodliness show the paper/remnant of materials from the examination to him, before you return to your own home, since you do not live together. You make sure that he sees you, is an assurance of your presence. Participate in this celebration of goodliness day as much as possible for you to.

I wish you well.
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by yemi221(m): 10:24am On Jul 09, 2008
thanks my brother i wil stick to ur advice. but anoda problem is that i wont be able to come to the wedding becos the dist from the exam venue{niger} to d wedding{lagos} is 10hrs drive.i gess i will av to see him the day.WAT ABOUT THAT
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by olabowale(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2008
Go talk to him now. Let him know what your situation is. I am almost sure he will agree that you should go for the examination. Your telling him and his positive answer, may even soften your mother's heart. You may be surprised what Allah will do in this situation. The future is known to Him, alone.

If your mom is a muslim, encourage her as a muslim, to practice forgiveness and forget people unpleasantries towards her, and move on. Thats Islam.
Re: Urgent Advice!1 by yemi221(m): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2008
thanks my brother i apreciate ur advice.u are a true brother.may Allah anser ur prayers.

(1) (Reply)

When Is 9th Day Of Dhul Hijah / Read In The Name Of Your Lord Who Created! / Muhammad's Last Sermon To All Muslim Onthe 9th Day Of Dhul-hijjah At The Uranah Valley Of Mount Araf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.