Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa (17825 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / Government Truck Falls Off Near Third Mainland Bridge / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by FunkyBoy1: 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2008

new project

Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2008
Funkboy u still in jourg? i stay in Rosebank just few walk to sandton mall.SA is a beautiful place,i schooled here in jourg
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Gamine(f): 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2008
I thought Sandton was in Joburg
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by debouy: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hi natyykauchi,
I am travelling soon to study in South africa.In port elizabeth actually.whats it like studying there? is living expenses very expensive.I mean like food,clothes just basic expenses a student can budget for.
Thanks
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2008
Gamine

Sandton is in Johannesburg,you been here before?very beautiful place to visit,ill try and upload some of my pics on here for yall to see
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2008
Debouy

The only problem we have here in SA thats driving us nuts is the house rent,you may be living in a room with kitchen and toliet,bath and be paying about 1500rands thats about 28k in 9ger per month,the cheaper places are rough and ghetto and eveybad things happen there broad day light,But if you living in a school hostel thats cool and its very cheaper cos you are a student.

As for food and other basic expenses thats not a problem,food in sa is cheap,you must always cook sometimes at home to save,fast food everyday like mcdonalds,KFC,NANDOS AND SO ON are waste of money.

9ger food here at 9ger resturant is little expensive buts its more better compare to fast foods that wont even filled the stomach.

if you are using a Study permit you can pick up part time jobs,after school hrs to sustain
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by debouy: 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2008
Thank u.How readily available are d part time jobs? And its true accomodation is expensive.I am paying about 2,000 Rands for my campus accomodtion. what about their education? is it very good.
My course requires that i be spending 20hrs everyweek doing practical work at the elizabeth dunkin hospital,Port elizabeth.What should i expect?

whats this medical insurance thing? i have paid for one year.
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by RSA(m): 8:40am On Jul 08, 2008
Debouy,Port Elizabeth is one of the most laid back cities in South Africa,it is nicknamed friendly city because people there are very friendly or windy cities for obvious reason.although the City is called PE the official name is Nelson Mandela bay.And comparing it to Cape Town or Joburg,PE is cheaper.

Please check the city website.

http://www.mandelametro.gov.za/fifaworldcup/Content.aspx?objID=72
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by debouy: 9:11am On Jul 08, 2008
Thanks RSA, Im indeed looking forward to studying in PE then,
Pls any other information would be much appreciated.Judging from the recent xenophobic attacks on Nigerians i just developed cold feet.LOL
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by RSA(m): 9:31am On Jul 08, 2008
I know what you mean,most of the attack happened in the ghetto's of Joburg and Cape town,PE was never affected.And it is a thing of the past now.I think you will enjoy your stay there.Most spoken languages beside english are afrikaans(english,dutch,french,german and bantu mix) and Xhosa but everybody speak english as a second or third language.
Blacks in PE speak Xhosa(when you GREET some one you say SAWU'BONA).
And the woman there are off the hook.

Siyaku'amkela(we welcome you)
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 08, 2008
Mdeical Insurance , you need to be covered while in SA should incase something happens,fall sick or something then you will use the medical card for the hospitel and you are usppose to be paying monthly,When i was in Boston College i had to be covered by Discovery Health and i always pay monthly but its not that much cos i was single and also a student,

AS for the part time jobs when you get here you can pick up classifieds papers at the store and check for student part time jobs,they always pay per hr.

Here in jourg is just like New york city and most people in jourg here speak ZULU and whites speak Afrikans
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by debouy: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2008
Thanks Guys, I always my friends tell me too That south african girls are beautiful and when u say off d hook.Do u mean looks or body figures. yes i have already paid for a full year medical insurance, Im looking forward to ejoying Pe, Thanks for d website link,,i am beginning to have an idea how organized south africa is as compared to Nigeria.things are clearly explained and laid out,
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2008
SA is more Organised just like europe.

SA girls are off the hook man,they make things easy for most foreingers here,beautifu and also they have different kind of body figures like Huge Ass,hips and so on,and they are very frendly i meen the SA chicks,you ca n have as many as you want man wen u get here
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by RSA(m): 10:48am On Jul 08, 2008
And please don't forget to condomise.that goes also for you Nutty
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 08, 2008
always,really sa chicks are something else man
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by RSA(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2008
Nutty do you have any pick up line in Zulu? grin And please from your view as a Nigerian how is the place and people treating you?
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2008
thought u were from nigeria?well im still trying to learn zulu,just know the basic ones,YABONGA and so on.I have lots of SA friends from schools and also around the hood were i stay,cos im working now @ Fourways.there are lots of nigerians here doing biz and so on even many africans you'll find them in Sa expecially joborg home for foriengers,i havent been to the Cape before but always i see its a beautiful place,when i come there ill go to the Mountain hill or top,were you ride,well i might visit there pretty soon
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by debouy: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2008
thanks guys,
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by simmy(m): 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2008
went 4 vac in sandton joburg last year. pix brought back memories. sandton is a cute lil place with quite a number of malls suprisingly similar to 'The palms'in Lekki. but way way much bigger and active
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by lucabrasi(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2008
i was going to say something silly to the poster that we have better places in naija,but the more i scrolled down the more i swallowed my word before writing them,wow pls can anyone post these pics to our nigerian politician
i v always thought south africa is just an ok place,didnt know its this beautiful,me and a few friend s will be coming for 2010 world cup by GOD's grace and we r planning towards it, ill refrain from criticising these s.a. ppl meen
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by ShearForce: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2008
If you do happen to get tired of the fast food, I do know of a Nigerian Restaurant at Brightwater Common, Randburg (Homebaze is the name) where they serve your pounded yam, eba, amala etcs with the usual accompaniments. I even met Segun Arinze there once.
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by SeanT21(f): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2008
Its beautiful!!!
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2008
nuttyKachi:

always,really sa chicks are something else man
Yes they are. That's why you have to do a wholesale purchase of condoms, or the other choice is to live on Anti-Retroviral drugs for the rest of your life. Be careful bro.
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by poweredcom(m): 1:34am On Dec 04, 2010
beauutiful nation
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Mthobisi: 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
WOW! So much construction happening. Looks very neat & clean!
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by Mthobisi: 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2011
What is the name & height of the New project?
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by paniki(m): 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by paniki(m): 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by paniki(m): 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by paniki(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by paniki(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa by paniki(m): 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

Malta Visa Requirements Needed / South Africa Visa Application Delay / Gas Tank Explodes At Okpokiri Station Owerri, Kills 5, Injures Others (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.