Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,649 members, 7,958,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Police BCMR And The Southeast Police - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Police BCMR And The Southeast Police (884 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police BCMR And The Southeast Police by lonelydora: 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
I travelled to Enugu recently and all along the way, policemen(both Convectional and Mobile) ask for the BCMR immediately they stop you without even looking at your papers. I was thinking they meant the old police clearance, until at a particular checkpoint, they told me they want to see the BCMR. If not for the Navy sticker on the car that one of them saw, they would have demanded 10K.

Please house, how do I get the BCMR in Port Harcourt? I need it urgently cos I do a lot of travelling.
Re: Police BCMR And The Southeast Police by sooperrescue(m): 4:47am On Oct 20, 2013
www.policebcmr.org and continue from there
Re: Police BCMR And The Southeast Police by symbianDON(m): 5:41am On Oct 20, 2013
is the said bcmr a legal document to required by law to be tendered by motorists? Just asking.
Re: Police BCMR And The Southeast Police by sooperrescue(m): 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
It is a smart card that contains all your data and it is only accessible through a smart card reader. The Policemen asking for it now are looking for money or an opportunity to make money. It gives the Police the ability to track your vehicle for you if it is properly obtained. By Law, it should be obtained when you are bringing your car for physical vehicle inspection which will soon be available in Nasarawa and FCT. and not the current system now in place. The bio-metrics data will soon go the way of the driver's license if it is not properly handled. The police mean well but it should be done when the owner is renewing his vehicle licence and MOT or new vehicle registration.

(1) (Reply)

Is FORD Taurus 2003 SE A Good Car To Buy? / Loss Of Engine Compression And Drive. / Can I Tint Light Without Police Harrassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.