Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Diabetes Food Advice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Diabetes Food Advice (1094 Views)

Nigerian Swallow And Diabetes. / Reversing Type Two Diabetes With Natural Therapies / New Discovery: Natural Cure For Diabetes, Hypertension, Arthritis, Heart Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diabetes Food Advice by youngblud: 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
Hi
I have been recently diagnosed to have TypeII diabetes and I was wondering if anyone can kindly help to advice me on what Naija dishes to continue to eat and those to avoid

Any Help will be greatly appreciated
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by bollingjoe(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2008
stay off starch and eat more protein
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by DrObinna(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2008
My Dear Friend

I was touched by you post. As a Nutrionaist, i think i will beable to help you. What i think you should do is that you should eat only protein based foods like meat, fish, beans moi-moiand akara,unripe plantain and breadfruit.then take alot ofmulti-vitamins that will help take of the free radicals that your body will beproducing dueto the exess blood sugar level. Relax iwill soon post what you will have to do in an organised format.

meanwhile stay away from any thing that contains sugar or carb.

see you soon
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by youngblud: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2008
Thanks for your advice
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by freshope87: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2008
Dr Obinna, thanks so much. I was diagonised of diabetes too. Pls can I have the detail format you promise to send too? My mail is freshope87@yahoo.com

I really need this. Pls , Pls and Pls again.
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by DrObinna(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2008
Dear Fresh-Hope

If you have been diagnosed diabetes, you will need to know which one. As there are two types Type 1 and Type 2. One is dependent on insulin and the other is not. I have a feeling that you are with Type 2. then if so you will have to watch your food and nutrition very carefully.

Once the diagnosis is made, diet is the number one way to control this potentially dangerous condition. With the right diet choices a person with type 2 diabetes can expect to be unencumbered by their disease.

Most patients who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes will be put on a diet consisting of NO carbohydrate for at least the first 2 weeks. The diet is designed to help the patient obtain or maintain a good blood sugar level. You the patient will be expected to be disciplined in your eating.

Carbohydrate intake is directly related to the blood sugar levels. Of course, you are advised to watch your fat intake while cutting down on carbohydrates. The amount of protein will be increased, while you will be consuming very little carbs after the first two weeks. It is advisable to substitute monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats for saturated fats.

A consultation with a nutritionist is a good idea for someone beginning on a diabetic diet. The change to the lifestyle may be confusing for some and an expert in nutrition can steer the patient in the right direction. They may even be able to make up some meal plans for the beginning until the patient becomes accustomed to their new style of eating.

Now this above mentioned diet will be done with some certain supplements that i will recommend for you and certain blood investigations that will be carried out at a good Lab.Most times, i monitor the patients for up to a year with a fee. For more information, you can call me on 080342641. I live in Lagos on the Island ie Lekki.
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by naijadiva2(f): 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2008
@ fresh hope and all

DR.Obinna is fake and its all a scam. don't believe him. for all we know, he could have googled his info. he claims to be a travel agent on the travel section.
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by DrObinna(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2008
Hi Naiji Diva Love!

Do you have a problem with me? Well I am beginning to think that you are a pest who has nothing better to do than to follow me around from the Travel to the Food section. Thanks for All the PR.
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by weimar: 11:14pm On Jul 29, 2008
For those with diabetes, please kindly visit this website and let me know what you think. If you are interested, let me know and I will be able to help you for free. I have helped many people. www.weimar.org.
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by obuchineme: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2008
i advise that you start taking garlic and onion raw.It works.Forget the smell it really works i am a living testimony NO MORE METFORMIN.
And my JESUS also approved it i now live a normal life again

1 Like

Re: Diabetes Food Advice by lucabrasi(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2008
a tip from a friend who has diabetes,eat a lot of green big peppers,not the small spicy ones but the big ones called(tatashe in yoruba)dunno what its called in english,its very good for anyone with diabetes,the green ones tho
Re: Diabetes Food Advice by sachii: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2008
My advice for you is that for every thing you take try and delimit it, cos too much of everything is bad, and you need not take too much of starch,protein or any diet at all. Instead try and balance them, as in take a balance diet.
And treatment typically includes diet modification and control, regular and appropriate exercise. You can also try visit a Doctor or Nutritionist for more advice regarding how to cure and prevent it.
For more info visitwww.sachisolutions..com
You can contact me for more Info.

(1) (Reply)

Bevarage Recipes. / Is This True About RICE? / Nairalanders If You Were Asked To Let Go Of One Of These, Which Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.