Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Wisdom... Orrr?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wisdom... Orrr?? (419 Views)

Wisdom From The Teacher: A Series From Ecclesiastes By SonOfLucifer / Words Of Wisdom From A Witty Woman. / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wisdom... Orrr?? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
Proverbs 8:32-36 "So, my dear friends, listen carefully; those who embrace these my ways are most blessed. Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don't squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day's work. When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God's good pleasure. But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you're flirting with death."

God's wisdom is not man's wisdom.
One of the things that touched me as i read this verse this morning.
Indiscipline and squandering of life is foolishness to God, because you'll answer to him one day.
What happens when you put off God and push him away?
You begin to think you answer to no onr and you embrace sin and squandering of life.
You begin to have the 'enjoyment' lifestyle. Because you think 'I'll die and just cease to exist', you adopt the live and enjoy mentality

the bible says you damage your soul!
You think you're smart and enjoying?
Those who embrace the ways of wisdom are most blessed. You see, wisdom from God is different from wisdom from the world

James 3:13-16 Do you want to be counted wise, to build a reputation for wisdom? Here's what you do: Live well, live wisely, live humbly. It's the way you live, not the way you talk, that counts. Mean-spirited ambition isn't wisdom. Boasting that you are wise isn't wisdom. Twisting the truth to make yourselves sound wise isn't wisdom. It's the furthest thing from wisdom—it's animal cunning, devilish conniving. [/b]Whenever you're trying to look better than others or get the better of others, things fall apart and everyone ends up at the others' throats.

17-18 Real wisdom, God's wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings,

James 3:15(KJV) This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

God's wisdom cannot be isolated from God himself.
The worlds wisdom is [b]enjoy!
Gods wisdom is discipline
The world says stand up for yourself! God says stand up for God. The world says have faith or believe in yourself(doesn't that sound familiar in all our films today?) God says have faith in God

Don't squander your life in indiscipline. Get wisdom. Wisdom is the principal thing. Wisdom tells you to get right with God. Yes. You'll stand before a just and holy God and answer to him one day. The only way you'll be acquitted is if you accept Jesus Christ. That's what God's wisdom teaches. But the wisdom of the world is devlish and unrepentant. Choose friend.
But heed advise. Choose God. Get saved. Escape the wrath to come.
Walk in the reality of God's word.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is/likely To Be The Antichrist?-beast. / Celestial Church Of Christ: Your Experience / The Right Attitude – Winning Each Day Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.