Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

An Issue On Our Service To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Issue On Our Service To God (395 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / 10 Reasons Why Any Reasonable Man Has To Submit To God Today / How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Issue On Our Service To God by Nauttyprof(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2013
Of late I noticed a trend in the church and it has to do with our service to God. Our pastors are seen as the new Christ of the church. What would we say of a Fellowship president who should oversee the fellowship but left his role just to have a meeting with the pastor? What do we say of an officer in the vineyard who claims he is busy and not available, but all of a sudden when he is called by the pastor, he becomes available? What do we say of people who see the needs of the church but turn deaf ears, only for the pastor to mention it and they are all willing to help out? What do we say of God using the pastor to speak a word, only for that individual who was blessed decides to see the pastor saying your words transformed my life without the pastor correcting him/her? What do we say of people who forget to honour God in their service but choose to honour their pastor?

Just of late, all you hear from people is my pastor wants me..... my pastor says.... I want to see my pastor..... and I ask where is the place of Christ? Even the pastors are not bothered on this.

Naralanders what's your view about service to pastors and not God?
Re: An Issue On Our Service To God by Gwekzy: 7:33am On Oct 20, 2013
d way sum re even called papa dis days even wen dem neva grow grey hair..makes me ponder, 're they men of God or god of men

(1) (Reply)

Are All Sins Truely Equal? / Why Do Some Of Our Religious Leaders See Social Networking As A Sin / Proof Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.