Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds (9740 Views)

Does Listening To Music Or Watching Movies Breaks One Fast? / How Can I Stop Listening To Music? / 3 Things You Love About Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by trulyopal(f): 10:44am On Oct 15, 2008
SALAM ALAIKUM
Sis and bro, we have to become more watchful and vigilant in resisting the desire to do what our hearts wants. We have to become more careful and aware of of the western encroachment in our religion. The issue of music in islam is a sensitive situation, Yes, the use of certain musical instruments are not permissible in islam, but how many of these musicians abide by those rules. We have to know that the utmost aim of the non-believers is to dissolve the essence in our sunnahs.
The truth is we can not justify music simply because it is praising Allah. Music is music, infact the music that praises Allah is more offensive than the western music because it is calling the name of Allah and the Rasul without takwa and piety.
I believe its best we encourage our selves and children to improve our recitation of the Quran, or simply ignore music (satan) completely, as hard as it may be , but it can be done.
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by Fancier(f): 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2008
Salam Alekum my fellow brothers and sisters in Islam

Am a lover of song and since have come to know its Haram to listen to all this western

songs, it has not be easy for me to stop cos it has really eaten deep into my system.

And now that i know we have Muslim songs that are healthy to the mind, I would like any

of you to please tell me where i can find this songs on purchase so i can buy and listen to

them at home as a susbstitute to other songs

thanks for this trend poster Ma salam
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by zayhal(f): 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2008
truly-opal:

SALAM ALAIKUM
Sis and bro, we have to become more watchful and vigilant in resisting the desire to do what our hearts wants. We have to become more careful and aware of of the western encroachment in our religion. The issue of music in islam is a sensitive situation, Yes, the use of certain musical instruments are not permissible in islam, but how many of these musicians abide by those rules. We have to know that the utmost aim of the non-believers is to dissolve the essence in our sunnahs.
The truth is we can not justify music simply because it is praising Allah. Music is music, infact the music that praises Allah is more offensive than the western music because it is calling the name of Allah and the Rasul without takwa and piety.
I believe its best we encourage our selves and children to improve our recitation of the Quran, or simply ignore music (satan) completely, as hard as it may be , but it can be done.

Very well said. Jazakumullah khayran. I hope muslims'd see reasons with the above.
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by carmelily: 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2008
Stevens first real memory of Islam took place when he had left for Morocco, to get away, think, and write songs. He heard singing unlike that he had ever heard before. When he asked what it was, -- the Aḏān, a ritual call for prayer by the muezzin of a mosque, --he was told "that is music for God". Stevens said, "I thought, music for God? I’d never heard that before – I’d heard of music for money, music for fame, music for personal power, but music for God!"

The use of musical instruments other than the voice and the drum is an area of debate in Muslim jurisprudence, considered harām by some, and this is the primary reason he gave for retreating from the pop spotlight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Stevens
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2008
truly- Opa and Zayhal and all the others talking of haram.

maybe you should have read the first page well
and see what Nasheeds are trully about

ma salaam!
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by sunej(m): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2008
Without meaning to offend anyone, I think Muslim music lacks creativity and excitement. lipsrsealed
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by sleekdot(m): 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2008
Mine are

Alhaji Abbass aKANDE OBESERE

Alhaji Wasiu Alabi Pasuma

King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by showbobo(m): 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2008
sunej:

Without meaning to offend anyone, I think Muslim music lacks creativity and excitement. lipsrsealed
May thunder fire your keyboard you use in typing rubbish. . . . If you dont have anything reasonable to say why not mum,huh? angry angry
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2008
showbobo please wink
ignore him
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by plusQueen: 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2008
All Musical Instruments are forbidden except the duff (tambourines)

Mukina did you say all musical instruments are forbidden in Islam except tambourines? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
how come the clips you posted had people playing violins
and I heard a keyboard in one.? shocked shocked shocked shocked
The songs are very boring.
Una try o.
How about Olabowole that dances to Osita Osadebe and Sonny Ade? grin grin grin grin grin grin

All the mourning music wey I hear for this thread wan make me remember my granpa wey die since grin
Make I knack you proper music
starting with this simple one from a Nigerian artiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvNEiIJ8S3Y
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by plusQueen: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2008
sunej:

The songs are lifeless.
I love Music and all the clips I heard here remind me of beggars on Ikorodu road. lipsrsealed
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2008
Hamza Robertson- Your beauty

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7OuQv98oIE[/flash]

Brighter than the sun
Fairer than the moon
Your beauty is so dazzling

Bigger than the sea
Higher than the clouds
Your soul is so enlightening

What I’d give to see your face
Beaming with so much grace

Brighter than the sun
Fairer than the moon
Bigger than the sea
Higher than the clouds
Your soul is so enlightening (x2)

CHORUS:
Ya Mawlay, ya Mawlay Salli 'ala Taha (x2)
husnu Ahmadal Bashir
Akhjalal badral munir
Oh my Lord, Send your peace and blessings on Taha (one of the prophet's names)
The beauty of Ahmad the portent
Ashamed the illuminative full moon

Will I be from those
You welcome with a smile
As you call your nation
Come to my side

Or will I see you frown
And then turn away
I did let you down
I forgot this Day

Brighter than the sun
Fairer than the moon

Bigger than the sea
Higher than the clouds

CHORUS

Bridge:
Ya Habiba Allah
Ya Safiyya Allah
'Alayka Salatu Allah
Wa Salamu Allah
Oh you the one who Allah loves
Oh you the one who Allah chose
May Allah's peace and blessing be upon you

Your smile is so bright
It lits up the dark night
Brought mercy and light
To my waiting heart

I know that I’m weak
Of my sins I can’t speak
Your mercy I seek
Though I’m not worthy

Brighter than the sun
Fairer than the moon

Bigger than the sea
Higher than the clouds

CHORUS
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by Virgo83(m): 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2008
I love listening to Sammy Yusuf
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by minute(f): 2:21am On Oct 20, 2008
Oh Thank you mukinatu.

Im in love with that song already.
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2008
you are welcome Minute smiley
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by lovable4u(m): 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2008
I like to listen Muhammad Junaid Jamsheed Bhai,  and if u want then i will send u his Naat and Hammad in Arabic, English or Urdu etc,  Also i like to listen Professor Muhammad Rauf Rufi,  He perform with Duff which is allowed by Muhammed(PBUH) when he came Madina 1st time and the Girls of Madina Sung Qaseeda with Duff.
Wa Salam,
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by tharma(f): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2008
My sisters/brothers. listening to Nasheed have for a long time been debated about its status as either halal or haram. There is no justification anyone can give on the basis that it is praise of Allah (SWA) or The Prophet (PBUH) that is what makes it good. Islam is a religion that have a direction and does not allow willfull innovation in the name of good deeds. That is why upto the present day the basic tenets of Islam are as they were laid down by the Prophet (PBUH).

For those interested the can read this article in full: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/5000/music%20in%20islam

For those that dont have much time this is d summary:
Conclusion

Perhaps – for fair-minded and objective readers – this summary will make it clear that the view that music is permissible has no firm basis. There are no two views on this matter. So we must advise in the best manner, and then take it step by step and denounce music, if we are able to do so. We should not be deceived by the fame of a man in our own times in which the people who are truly committed to Islam have become strangers. The one who says that singing and musical instruments are permitted is simply supporting the whims of people nowadays, as if the masses were issuing fatwas and he is simply signing them! If a matter arises, they will look at the views of fuqahaa’ on this matter, then they will take the easiest view, as they claim. Then they will look for evidence, or just specious arguments which are worth no more than a lump of dead meat. How often have these people approved things in the name of sharee’ah which in fact have nothing to do with Islam!

Strive to learn your Islam from the Book of your Lord and the Sunnah of your Prophet. Do not say, So-and-so said, for you cannot learn the truth only from men. Learn the truth and then measure people against it. This should be enough for the one who controls his whims and submits himself to his Lord. May what we have written above heal the hearts of the believers and dispel the whispers in the hearts of those who are stricken with insinuating whispers. May it expose everyone who is deviating from the path of Revelation and taking the easiest options, thinking that he has come up with something which none of the earlier generations ever achieved, and speaking about Allaah without knowledge. They sought to avoid fisq (evildoing) and ended up committing bid’ah – may Allaah not bless them in it. It would have been better for them to follow the path of the believers.

And Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless and grant peace to His Messenger who made clear the path of the believers, and to his companions and those who follow them in truth until the Day of Judgement.

Summary of a paper entitled al-Darb bi’l-Nawa li man abaaha al-Ma’aazif li’l-Hawa by Shaykh Sa’d al-Deen ibn Muhammad al-Kibbi.

For more information, please see:

Al-I’laam bi Naqd Kitaab al-Halaal wa’l-Haraam, by Shaykh al-‘Allaamah Saalih ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan

Al-Samaa’ by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn al-Qayyim

Tahreem Aalaat al-Tarab, by Shaykh Muhammad Naasir al-Deen al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him)

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by zayhal(f): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
@tharma

Jazakumullah khayran.
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
Ya Taiba

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG4vyHJV0Ms[/flash]
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by Frizy(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
@thrama and co.

Am not in support of songs that use instruments that are haram, you say we should listen to the Qur'an. Yea that's the best, but how would it feel listening to the Qur'an every time you drive your vehicle and when you are about to go on a long travel. Do you think listening to the Qur'an is some sort of pleasure (as in music) I don't listen to the Qur'an all the time, because if you understand it's meanings and believe in it, you will reckon that it needs to be listened to frequently but not all the time.

I wont judge your understanding about the deen, but even those whom many think have extreme views about Islam are not opposed to Nasheeds that praise Allah, support the Mujahidin, and bring hope that the Muslims will be the victors. The Nasheed I post over a year ago is not using the sax, neither a piano nor anything of such.

When you have children and tell them to listen to the Qur'an only, that's your own choice. I did not say men and women should dance together, I neither dance, nor do I know how to.

Any interested can listen to these Nasheeds. Also I advice you to check the website for the correct Islamic teaching and understanding: http://www.salafimedia.net/nasheeds.html
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2009
[flash=500,356]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVLqtDQSe0[/flash]

Kalimatan habibatan ila ar-Rahman
Khafifatan `ala al-lisan, thaqilatan fi al-mizan
Subhanallahi wa bi hamdih, subhanallahi al-azim

Meaning:

'There are two phrases which are beloved of the Most Merciful, light on the tongue, yet heavy on the scales (of reward): glory be to Allah and all praise to Him, glory be to Allah, the Mighty.' (Hadith Bukhari)
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by jiddah: 2:20am On Aug 25, 2009
there are couple of nasheeds by in Dawud Wharnsby Ali, though he plays the guitar but they are actually very soulful,there's evn one that he says was inspired by a lil Nigerian Girl he met once 'little bird', then he has the one with the Arabic alphabets 'A is for Allah' and Song of Madinah, i like his lyrics. smiley
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by MrCrackles(m): 2:20am On Aug 25, 2009
Unfortunately i dont even know any. . . I am just a beginner! embarassed
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2009
well now u know, there are plenty to listen to.

The last one i posted is really really very good wink
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 12:00am On Jan 27, 2011
Shupo, Frizy and co sad
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by Lagosboy: 9:16am On Jan 27, 2011
mukina2:

Shupo, Frizy and co sad

We dont know where they all are again, what of mr crackles?
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by namfav(m): 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2011
i like listening to ahmed bukhatir
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by macomrades(m): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2011
Just one mention of Ahmed Bukhatir!!??

I haven't heard any voice as touching as his. Btw, you guys should also check out Boonaa Mohammed and Amir Sulaiman; these guys are amazing!!
I used to listen to music a lot then I realised all it preaches is hypocrisy and immorality. I am saddened that we don't have a our own (Islamic) BET or MTV which we can turn to and I think this has affected a lot of us because it's just there for the taking, all you need is a remote control, May Allah help us.
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by namfav(m): 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by mukina2: 12:35am On Aug 05, 2011
kiss smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNs6s0gjAWc[/flash]

la ilaha ilallah muhammadun rasulullah, alaihi salatullah wa alihi wal ahibba

shine your mercy like the sun, and be gracious as the earth
let your kindness come like rain that cares not whom it falls upon
and let ocean deep your wisdom be, your heart and lanterns spreading peace
give yourself in love of him, be like al-habib
and in your deepest needs and in your deepest grieve, call on him in humility
place your trust in the one, to whom creation turns
you'll find redemption and find peace

be a blazing fire of truth, be a soothing balm of peace
with the light of your sincerity, break the clouds of tyranny
let your faith be like a blessed tree, give your shade to all who seek
may your roots run true and deep, take your strength from al-habib

ya nabi salamalaik, ya rasulle salamalaik, ya habib salamalaik
salawatullah alaik

and all the certainty will bring tranqulity, contentment with allah's decree
give thanks for all that comes, be patient and know that someday you will return to him

hold fast to the company of the folk of certainty
through the gaze and through your love for them,
may you be as one of them
be as gentle as the whispering breeze, spread solace to the world we're in
let your heart and soul be mirror clear, give life and love to al-habib

salawatullah alaik

and stand before allah like nothing else exists, and worship him like you are seen
be with all creation and all your deeds and words
as though you have no self to clean

yet when you master all of this, forget not your neediness
were it not for allah's grace, none of this can be achieved
so be humble as the lonley earth, that all creatures walk up on
be the slave of the most merciful, take your light from al habib
so shine your mercy like the sun, send your light across the earth
let your kindness flow like rivers, quench the thirst of all who come
and let mountain strong your spirit be, let your heart melt out of love for him
take the road that leads to him, may you be with al-habib

salawatullah alaik (x2)
la ilaha ilallah muhammadun rasulullah, alaihi salatullah wa alihi wal ahibba (x2)
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 06, 2011
There are 3 of them i seldon listen to. Aiye lo yun, ahmoda alawiye and one other young chap that sang about prophet mohammad and asalatu
Re: Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2011
@mukina,

that was nice, just downloaded it,

@topic , i just listen to any random and interesting one, dont have favorites

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Menses And Ramadan / What Is Naira Equivalent Of Zakatul-fitril In 2024? / Du'a When Stopping Or Lodging Somewhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.