Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

The Kpangolo Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Kpangolo Revolution (1871 Views)

Regrets Of A Revolution? Libya After Qaddafi / 'A Silent Revolution Is Taking Place In Lagos' - Goodluck Jonathan / Tinubu Calls For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kpangolo Revolution by Moukee(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2006
It is necessary to point out from the onset that long before Mujahid Asari Dokubo founded the Niger Delta People Volunteer Force, I had already laid out a blueprint for the Revolutionary Movement for the Liberation of Southern Minorities(REMOLISM). Due to the fact that I wasn't much of a visionary then and coupled with the fact that I allowed myself to be seduced by a mirage of complacency, the revolutionary fire flickered low to glimmer, dim and wan. Now I am so much consumed by hate and fury and anger and rage and outrage, that had been accumulating in me a long time. Why? I take a look at my country Nigeria and all I see are people who are unable to obtain food and drink, housing and clothing in adequate quality and quantity. And yet we continue to call ourselves the giant of Africa. A giant indeed! A colossus with feet of clay, methinks would be more appropriate.

Fellow Nairalanders, we are living in perilious times, and at times like these the sick man should learn to lean to the reassuring doctor however incompetent he may be. We are all living witnesses to the ousters of Slobodan Milosevic(may he roast in hell along with Abacha) in 2000, Edward Shervardnadze in 2003, and in recent times the Orange Revolution which restored Ukrainian democracy to the rightful candidate(who has but disappointed the people).

On the basis of the above-mentioned silent revolutions, I now call on all Nairalanders who have become disenchanted with the status quo to come out en masse on October 1, during the Independence Day celebrations, fully armed and equipped, not with guns and bayonets, but with kpangolos, empty cans, tins, pots, kettles, aluminium basins and buckets and all other kinds of vessels that are capable of producing noise when hit upon. We shall proceed to the Government Reservation Areas and all other designated locations reserved solely for accommodation by the so-called upper class. We shall unleash with a fury that can only be compared to Shango raining his thunderbolts on his enemies, the cacophonious emanations of our kpangolo. Their golf courses and other recreational facilities shall be taken over and turned upside down.We shall pee on their well-manicured lawns and use our rubbish to smear the walls that they have erected as barriers to segregate us.

Arise, my fellow Nairalanders, the beacons are aflame. Aluta continua. Victoria acerta.
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by twinstaiye(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2006
Moukee, I want to believe you are the only one on this, besides, is the protest taking place in terra firma or here in Nigeria?
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by Seun(m): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2006
<sarcasm>
So you want to go to Ikoyi in order to make noise and destroy the homes of rich people and their children.
That is so sensible, meaningful and purposeful!
</sarcasm>
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by bluenubian(f): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2006
sorry couldnt read the whole thing, maybe ill take my time and read it,, jus love the name KPANGOLO
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by diddy4(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2006
Seun:

<sarcasm>
So you want to go to Ikoyi in order to make noise and destroy the homes of rich people and their children.
</sarcasm>

lmao, lol, it did make sense though. lol damn dis is funny.
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by bluenubian(f): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2006
finally read it

hmm moukee, would be nice to see this protest, how many people are in it with you, well good luck, if i were anywhere around the protest, i will definitely join with my can of milo banging my brains out. i definitely wont be peeing with you
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by Ka: 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2006
Moukee,

You're not serious. People in other countries are calling their revolutions 'correct' names like Orange Revolution, Tulip Revolution and Velvet Revolution, and instead you want to disgrace Nigeria by giving our revolution a low rent name like Kpangolo Revolution! Abeg, comot for space and don't come back until you have thought of a better name!

Kpangolo revolution my @*#~!!!
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by bluenubian(f): 1:59am On Jun 10, 2006
rtflmao
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by diddy4(m): 2:15am On Jun 10, 2006
Ka:

Moukee,

You're not serious. People in other countries are calling their revolutions 'correct' names like Orange Revolution, Tulip Revolution and Velvet Revolution, and instead you want to disgrace Nigeria by giving our revolution a low rent name like Kpangolo Revolution! Abeg, comot for space and don't come back until you have thought of a better name!

rotflmao, this is funny.
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by Scorpio(f): 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2006
Kpangolo Revolution gone sour,lmao
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by Moukee(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2006
Ka:

Moukee,
, People in other countries are calling their revolutions 'correct' names like Orange Revolution, Tulip Revolution and Velvet Revolution, and instead you want to disgrace Nigeria by giving our revolution a low rent name like Kpangolo Revolution! Abeg, comot for space and don't come back until you have thought of a better name!

Insofar as the Kpangolo Revolution is the child of my brain, it is also a true reflection of the socioeconomic realities prevalent in Nigeria. There is no gainsaying the fact that Nigeria is a traditional polity, by which I mean that the level of development is not to be and should not be quantified in horticultural terms. Why do we have to use tulip, orange, rose, hibiscus and other bourgeois terms to describe a budding revolution which is designed to sweep away the same people that use these products to decorate their dining tables and homes? The Kpangolo Revolution is a people-oriented revolution. And by people I mean the market women, the traditional farmers, the area boys, the hawkers on the streets, prostitutes, orphans, widows without any means of subsistence and all other underprivileged victims of social inequity: the rejectamenta of the Nigerian capitalist society. These are the kind of people that always go around scavenging empty cans from rubbish heaps where they have been dumped by the overfed bourgeoisie. The kpangolo is the proletarian almsbag of the people and whoever says it is not a befitting name for the revolution is a counter-revolutionary. Does the fact that George is called Bush make him a worse president than Nixon or Obasanjo?. Who is not with us is against us.
twinstaiye:

Moukee, I want to believe you are the only one on this, besides, is the protest taking place in terra firma or here in Nigeria?

I am aware of the existence of fifth columnists in our midst, minions of the State security service and I dare say that Twinstaiye is one of them. You would never believe in the possibility of a revolution, violent or peaceful, taking place in Nigeria. And I dare say again that those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable. What exactly is your beef with the Kpangolo Revolution? I guess you are always happy to see the suffering masses sweating it out at Oshodi market and busstop and eking out a precarious existence while you are cruising around in your air-conditioned toyota corolla. That sh*t I talked about is going to be stuffed straight inside your mouth when we get hold of you on that day. When the citizens of Ukraine, Georgia and Lebanon successfully prosecuted their peaceful revolutions without shedding even the blood of mosquitoes which bit nonsense out of them while they were camped in the open, then it would be sheer stupidity, cowardice and myopia to think that such a thing cannot happen in good ol' Naija.
Seun:

<sarcasm>
</sarcasm>

Seun, you are amused over the possibility of upbraiding the peace on that dead Alcatraz you call Ikoyi and Victoria Islands. Just wait until the Kpangolo Revolution spreads to the palaces of Alafin of Oyo, Oni of Ife, Oba of Eko, Onibadan of Ibadan, Oba of Benin, Igwe of Onitsha, Sardauna of Sokoto, Ado Bayero of Kano and all the other feudalists par excellent. Then you will be bemused.

I say again to my people, arise! You have nothing to lose, but your chains. All power to the people!
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by diddy4(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2006
i hear u so. oya my people make una arise oooooooooo.
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by Odeku(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2006
Moukee is dissolution and dreaming. do you think you can go to Ikoyi and make noise, please, before you get to Ikoyi Mobile police will show you the way back to your cell. there is a better way and civilized way to get your point come across not by disruption of peace.
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by diddy4(m): 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2006
please tell him cuzz dis is so ridiculous. i mean d popo will release tear gas on your ass and d rest is history.
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by twinstaiye(m): 9:36am On Jun 12, 2006
Moukee:

I am aware of the existence of fifth columnists in our midst, minions of the State security service and I dare say that Twinstaiye is one of them. You would never believe in the possibility of a revolution, violent or peaceful, taking place in Nigeria. And I dare say again that those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable. What exactly is your beef with the Kpangolo Revolution? I guess you are always happy to see the suffering masses sweating it out at Oshodi market and busstop and eking out a precarious existence while you are cruising around in your air-conditioned toyota corolla. That sh*t I talked about is going to be stuffed straight inside your mouth when we get hold of you on that day. When the citizens of Ukraine, Georgia and Lebanon successfully prosecuted their peaceful revolutions without shedding even the blood of mosquitoes which bit nonsense out of them while they were camped in the open, then it would be sheer stupidity, cowardice and myopia to think that such a thing cannot happen in good ol' Naija.
Seun, you are amused over the possibility of upbraiding the peace on that dead
Moukee, blame me not, I can see you reside in terra firma away from the shore of this country I guess. And I am not a minions of Security service, I am not they type that hide under the influence of internet, if you take time to google search my usernames, you will so many things about me on the net including my pics. Now to your PANGOLO revolution, I guess you will still be alone in it because, a lot of the nigerians you mention above are still looking for what they will eat yesterday not to talk of today, so they would not want to revolutionise with you. Besides, history had proven that Nigerians are known to adjust to situation rather than react to it, even if their rights is being trampled upon. Keep preaching though, but I guess this is not the right forum. Perhaps you could start by registering a Political party, Kpangolo Peoples Party isnt a bad idea, is it?
Re: The Kpangolo Revolution by nikinash(f): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2006
can't stop laughing o grin grin grin grin

Kpangolo peoples party!! aha aha

(1) (Reply)

The rate of poverty and unemployment in Nigeria / Progressive Taxation And Exam Score Redistribution / With 25 Untapped Solid Minerals, Ebonyi Woos Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.