Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,467 members, 7,861,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. - Education (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. (745196 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Eportal Is Now Open For Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 14, 2014
haydot95:
kings do...and for today,u re the king

Do the Yoruba monarchs actually take people's wives? In this century?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

can't really say..but who "nose" grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
haydot95:
can't really say..but who "nose" grin

shocked Well, my ex-roommate told me that a popular monarch in Oyo State, normally, forcefully marries any light-skinned girl that passes the palace or that he sees, something like that.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

shocked Well, my ex-roommate told me that a popular monarch in Oyo State, normally, forcefully marries any light-skinned girl that passes the palace or that he sees, something like that.
something like that...bck then in the 18th century,the alaafin of oyo nrmally takes the last wife of other monarchs too...not always sha
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
Who did history here abeg?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by DrHost: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

It true............ To Timmy happy birthday, Bigger, brighter and better you IJN
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Ahn han........not anymore oh cheesy Back then, human rights wasn't really existing. The Monarchs had supreme power, they made and broke laws.

The only way that would happen now is with the consent of the woman in question.

Fela had over 30 wives.
KSA has about 6 wives.

I'm sure at least one of these women must have abandoned her husband for affluence and wealth.

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
DrHost:
It true............ To Timmy happy birthday, Bigger, brighter and better you IJN

Thanks sir. grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2014
DrHost:
It true............

And if the girl isn't interested Can't she report to the police?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

And if the girl isn't interested Can't she report to the police?

That doesn't happen again.

The fair girls part cracked me up. grin
Why only fair girls? embarassed
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by ESIXLOVE: 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
happy birthday Timmytimmy, happy birthday to you.
Mehn so consume with my ploting,
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
Timmytimmy:

That doesn't happen again.
The fair girls part cracked me up. grin
Why only fair girls? embarassed

But you don't live in Ibadan, and she does, so, how sure are you?

About, the fair girls stuff, i don't know.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by understatement: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

But you don't live in Ibadan, and she does, so, how sure are you?

About, the fair girls stuff, i don't know.
it still happens.And it is oyo not ibadan..The alaafin of oyo can have any woman/lady that pleases him.Nobody can do anything to him..He is very powerful politically so the police are under his foots.In those days,when he snatches your wife you have to run away from town,because if u are caught,u wld be castrated and made to work in the palace pounding yam for ur ex-wife..lol..He is old now so he doesn't do dat again,but the picture of his smallest wife that I saw on net recently,hardly will she be older than you!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by understatement: 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
And about the fair lady part,yes oyo people are one of the best bleachers in Nigeria thus making most of them fair.Their men like anything fair not only their king now.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
[quote
author=understatement post=28008337]He is old now so he doesn't do dat again,but the picture
of his smallest wife that I saw on net recently,hardly will she be older
than you![/quote]

What? That is child abuse! Does he do it to only indigenes or any inhabitant of Oyo?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by understatement: 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

What? That is child abuse! Does he do it to only indigenes or any inhabitant of Oyo?
no it can't be child abuse..he is well educated..so am sure the girl must be atleast 18....
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
[quote
author=understatement post=28009262]no it can't be child abuse..he is
well educated..so am sure the girl must be atleast 18....[/quote]

He only did that to Oyo girls, right?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by DrHost: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2014
The system still exist not only in oyo, in those places where traditional rulers perform the function of settling dispute between............ The king can gbese le your wife @timmytimmy #4get activists
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
understatement:
it still happens.And it is oyo not ibadan..The alaafin of oyo can have any woman/lady that pleases him.Nobody can do anything to him..He is very powerful politically so the police are under his foots.In those days,when he snatches your wife you have to run away from town,because if u are caught,u wld be castrated and made to work in the palace pounding yam for ur ex-wife..lol..He is old now so he doesn't do dat again,but the picture of his smallest wife that I saw on net recently,hardly will she be older than you!

Haaaaaa!!!! Understatement baba...small small now and I thought your name was understatement. grin

It's like you stopped liking the name and decided to make us know today. grin

Anyway, I think a lot of what you say is true but I think people tell a lot of exaggerated versions of these stories.

Like I said earlier, any woman leaving her husband or getting married to this monarchs must have been lured with wealth or threatened in some cases but I don't think the occurrence is common to only yoruba monarchs or even monarchs. Rich men do it all the time.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Chiamaka01:

Chai......Chiamaka, this issue isn't as elaborate as people make it seem. It's something that happens everywhere in as much as the wife snatcher is rich and influential.

People mostly take a lot of historical stories they have heard and their dramatic minds mixes the stories up with real life occurrences.

Don't let yoruba girls bobo you oh grin They are good at that cheesy

*runs outta thread*
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
[quote
author=Timmytimmy post=28009910]
Chai......Chiamaka, this issue isn't as elaborate as people make it
seem. It's something that happens everywhere in as much as the wife
snatcher is rich and influential.
*runs outta thread*[/quote]

Come back here, jor.
You'd better go and hold Kemi tight, so that she won't be snatched from you. grin cheesy
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Dammytrager(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
*Carries a pale of conc H2SO4 water n wets d birthday boy

Captain Timmy here is ur birthday song
Happy birthday 2 u,
happy birthday 2 u!
u were born in d zoo’
u were born in d zoo’
with d monkeys ‘n donkeys dats looks just like u!gringringrin

hahaha!!!

May God fill your birthday with smiles and happiness, and may you always know you are one of His special children!

happy bornday lecturer wink

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Benvolio(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
understatement:
And about the fair lady part,yes oyo people are one of the best bleachers in Nigeria thus making most of them fair.Their men like anything fair not only their king now.
Haaaa really I feel like crying rite nw bt I wont.....am from oyo! and has history has it ladies are excited dat d king lust after dem! and dat make it easier for d king! and moreover he only take the wife of commoners.......if u do ur govt very well alafin of oyo is a constitutional monarchy...he rarely come out!!!.....*pause here*
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Benvolio(m): 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
Timmytimmy:

grin Thanks bro.....God bless you enormously.

Is that my gift? wink embarassed
Mayb or Mayb not
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by XXX5(m): 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
I need inspiration
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Come back here, jor.
You'd better go and hold Kemi tight, so that she won't be snatched from you. grin cheesy

Is that the yoruba version of your name? grin cheesy wink
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Benvolio(m): 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2014
Timmytimmy:

LMAO
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
Dammytrager:
*Carries a pale of conc H2SO4 water n wets d birthday boy

Captain Timmy here is ur birthday song
Happy birthday 2 u,
happy birthday 2 u!
u were born in d zoo’
u were born in d zoo’
with d monkeys ‘n donkeys dats looks just like u!gringringrin

hahaha!!!

May God fill your birthday with smiles and happiness, and may you always know you are one of His special children!

happy bornday lecturer wink

God bless my awesomest student. He keeps teaching us about responsibility and humility while having fun.
God bless you.

When will the cross multiplication take place?
Btw, are you sure the variable on your side is a whole number? grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by XXX5(m): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
understatement:

This got me rolling on the floor.....Y would any king castrate a fellow man for the sake of a lady?...cum on we're in the 21$t century
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
Timmytimmy:

*laffin in swahili* Timmy is a very funny soldier.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2014
Timmytimmy:

God bless my awesomest student.

Student?? I snapped this in pd.

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 4:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Student?? I snapped this in pd.

Ooooooooh.....that happened before he became my student.

As I speak to you, the girl in that picture is his first wife and he has five wives. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (573) (Reply)

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.