Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. - Education (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. (742158 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Eportal Is Now Open For Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by drseunzy(m): 6:36am On Apr 26, 2015
Debbychi:
yup oo,u

Almst, i hop u r pure econs nt Agric econs or education
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by davidbanner(m): 6:37am On Apr 26, 2015
davidbanner:

ahhh!!! but would hostel clearance be done on may3... and are we sure Angola would be opened that day,,

CC: Timmy timmy ,Tunapa2009,ariyke.....
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by EmBashir(m): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2015
…ABOUT OAU HALLS OF RESIDENCE

ANGOLA HALL

Angola Hall, built in 1975, is one of the distanced halls of residence from the academic environment strictly constructed for the male. The hostel has a maximum capacity of 1,320 legal occupants (Students). According to the history of the hostel it was formerly known as an Emergency Hostel 1 and was later given the name ANGOLA HOSTEL.
Built in the year 1975 with capacity for 1,320 students

At the entrance of the hostel the Angolan flag is highly placed for the people to see. It is located at more than 10,000m away from the school main entrance.

It is also the closest hostel to Mozambique and Awolowo hostels, due to its security, the hostel has been dedicated mainly to the 1st year male students. It is one of the most quiet and disciplined hostels on campus with scheduled hours of entrance for the female and for the visitors.

Officially on working days (Monday – Friday), females and visitors are allowed to enter the hostel at exactly 4pm and must be out of the hostel by 10pm, while on week days (Saturday and Sunday) females and visitors are allowed to enter the hostel at exactly 10am and must be out of the hostel by 10pm.

Mr A. F. Tijani - Hall Warden
Mr A. F. Tijani – Hall Warden

Mr. S. A. Adedewe - Hall Supervisor
Mr. S. A. Adedewe – Hall Supervisor

MOZQMBIQUE HALL

Mozambique hostel is also an emergency hostel like the Angola hostel; it was built also in the same year with Angola. It was formally known as an Emergency Hostel 2 and later given the name MOZAMBIQUE HOSTEL. The hostel maximum capacity is 1,722 legal occupants (students).

Mozambique Hall was built in the year 1975 and has a maximum capacity of 1,722 students

It’s location is more than 10,000m away from the school main entrance. At the entrance of the hostel, the Mozambique flag is highly placed for the people to see, so that people will easily identify the hostel. The hostel is almost equidistant from Angola hostel and the Post Graduate student hostel, and oppositely facing the back entrance of the Awolowo hostel. Due to its security, the hostel has been dedicated to the 1st year female students.

The hostel is also quiet and disciplined like the Angola hostel. The entrance time for male and their visitors are 4pm – 10pm on working days (Monday – Friday) and 10am on weekends which are Saturday and Sunday. Visitors to the hall must be out of the hostel by 10pm.

Mr. O. Ayodeji - Supervisor
Mr. O. Ayodeji – Supervisor

Mrs. E. A. Adeloye - Warden
Mrs. E. A. Adeloye – Warden

MOREMI HALL

Moremi Hall, a female hostel located just a few meters away from the Faculty of Science Building is named after an ancient heroine, Princess Moremi, who was once a ruler in Yorubaland. She portrayed exemplary leadership in the South Western Nigeria.

Moremi hall was built between years 1973 and 1974 with capacity for 1,228 students

At the entrance of the hostel the statue of Princess Moremi is strategically placed for the people to see.

Moremi Hostel is also quiet and disciplined like other hostels and also the hostel is strictly assigned to the female students and also the visitation time schedule is the same like other hostels.

Mrs E. O. Olowu - Warden
Mrs E. O. Olowu – Warden

Mr. J. A. Adesina - Supervisor
Mr. J. A. Adesina – Supervisor

AKINTOLA HALL

Ladoke Akintola hall, popularly called Sport’s Hall is situated close to the academic areas where faculties of various departments are situated. It is popularly called Sport’s Hall due to the fact that it close to the School’s Sports’ Facilities.

Ladoke Akintola hall, popularly called Sport’s Hall due to its proximity to the School’s Sports Facilities, has a maximum capacity of 640 students

However, Ladoke Akintola Hall was named after a prominent man in the Nigeria history, who exhibited heroic traits. Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola, the man of honuor, lived in the days of Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Chief Akintola and Chief Awolowo are honuored with titles that will forever ring in the ears of generations as they gave South West Nigeria legacies that portray diligence and sacrifice.

Ladoke Akintola Hostel is also quiet and disciplined like other hostels and also the hostel is strictly assigned to the female students and also the visitation time schedule is the same like other hostels except the Post Graduate hostel.

Mr. F. Agunbiade - Supervisor
Mr. F. Agunbiade – Supervisor

Mrs. O. Akanji - Warden
Mrs. O. Akanji – Warden

FAJUYI HALL

Adekunle Fajuyi hostel which is popularly known as FAJ is the 2nd most populated hostel in Obafemi Awolowo University with a maximum capacity of 1,788 legal occupants (students).

Named after one of the Nigerian heroes, FAJ Hall has a maximum capacity of 1,788 and is the closest hostel to the academic area.

The hostel was named after one of the Nigerian hero that died years back; he was a general and also amongst the people that fought for the Independence of Nigeria in the past. The statue of General Adekunle Fajuyi is still placed at the entrance of the hostel, so that everybody will know why the hostel was given that name and to know one of the heroes that fought for Nigeria’s independence.

In 1969, part of the hostel was used as the school health center before the health center was finally completed in the year 1970. Fajuyi Hall is the closest hostel to academics environment, the hostel is also quiet and disciplined like other hostels and also the hostel is strictly assigned to the male students and also the visitation time schedule is the same like other hostels except the Post Graduate hostel.

Mr Adeoye - Supervisor
Mr Adeoye – Supervisor

Mr E. Ade Ojo - Warden
Mr E. Ade Ojo – Warden

ETF HALL

ETF simply means Educational Trust Fund, the ETF hostel is a male hostel and also an extension of the Awolowo hostel, with a maximum capacity of 560 legal occupants (students). Even though the hostel is an extension of the Awolowo hostel there is a distance of more than 300m between the ETF hostel and the Awolowo hostel through the school main road path.
Construction was sponsored by Educational Trust Fund. It is an extension of Awolowo Hall and has a maximum capacity of 560 students.

The hostel is also a quiet and disciplined hostel just like the other hostels; the visitation time is also 4pm -10pm on working days (Monday – Friday) and 10am – 10pm on weekends (Saturday – Sunday).

The hostel was named ETF hostel because it was sponsored by the Educational Trust Fund (ETF) when it was about to be constructed. Till now, the hall still bears the name ETF Hall to show the people that they are truly in support of education in Nigeria.

Mr. L. Awe - Supervisor
Mr. L. Awe – Supervisor

Mr. A. O. Popoola - Warden
Mr. A. O. Popoola – Warden

AWOLOWO HALL

Awolowo Hall is remarkably the most populated hostel in Obafemi Awolowo University with a maximum capacity of 2,032 legal occupants (students). It was built in the year 1970. The hostel, used as a temporary female hostel, was named Awolowo Hall in 1972/73. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, which this hall was named after, was a notable politician, philanthropist and icon in Nigeria. As an indication of honour, students in Awolowo Hall see themselves in the light of the legacies Chief Obafemi Awolowo left behind.
Built in the year 1970 with capacity for 2,032 students

Known to be the most populated, it also has attached to it various activities that depict student’s life. As it neighbours Angola and Mozambique halls, it is a melting pot of students from various halls and it is known as the base for student activities.

Mr. T. A. Fabunmi - Supervisor
Mr. T. A. Fabunmi – Supervisor

Mr. A. O. Popoola - Warden
Mr. A. O. Popoola – Warden

ALUMNI HALL

Alumni Hall, a hall situated beside the Murtala Muhammed Post Graduate Hall is an undergraduate female hostel built with a maximum capacity of less than 400 occupants. The hostel, built and financed under the help of O.A.U Alumni bears the name after them.

Capacity – 390 students
Although the least populated of all halls, it is a peaceful hostel with a great deal of good mannered students. Visitation time, like many other hostels is scheduled for 4pm to 10pm on weekdays. Weekends visitation starts from 10am and ends 4pm.

Mr. J. A. Adesina - Supervisor
Mr. J. A. Adesina – Supervisor

Mrs. E. O. Olowu - Warden
Mrs. E. O. Olowu – Warden

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 26, 2015
babysmart:

I'm not a moz girl tongue

grin you could have a share of it grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Ariyke: 7:51am On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=davidbanner post=33115719][/quote]yes to both
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Debbychi(f): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2015
drseunzy:

Almst, i hop u r pure econs nt Agric econs or education
yup..economics,faculty of social sciences
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Debbychi(f): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2015
Dammytrager:
UPDATE: 007 days to go
#Resumption 2014/15 academic session
cheesy cheesy
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by davidbanner(m): 8:23am On Apr 26, 2015
Dick4Moz:

and also a share of mine tongue
Dick4Moz:

and also a share of mine
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 26, 2015
babysmart:

embarassed who's ur baby
gmat que tongue
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by 7thHaybee: 8:38am On Apr 26, 2015
Dammytrager:
UPDATE: 007 days to go
#Resumption 2014/15 academic session
006 days to go
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 26, 2015
Timmytimmy:

In other news, Dazzlemee has changed her profile picture and...shocked
*flees*
angry and I say I don't wanna hunt anymore
Btw,dazzlemee,me like the painting on ya 9 o' clock
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 26, 2015
Timmytimmy:

YES! She is a 1000 seater hall girl. In other words,she has no accommodation grin

In other news, Dazzlemee has changed her profile picture and...shocked
*flees*

Loolz should I remove it? tongue
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2015
haydot95:
angry and I say I don't wanna hunt anymore
Btw,dazzlemee,me like the painting on ya 9 o' clock

Thanks my brother's painting
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 26, 2015
dazzlemee:

Thanks my brother's painting
wait,like seriously?? I'd love to meet ur bro...me love anything relating to art
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 26, 2015
dazzlemee:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2015
Timmytimmy:

Halls of residence are going to be open as from the 26th because of people who had complications during the payment transactions.

Cc:Davidbanner
sauce?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 9:19am On Apr 26, 2015
dazzlemee:

Erm...wait a minute *saves picture*

Now, you can remove it. smiley

Even though you don't have to undecided
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 9:22am On Apr 26, 2015
haydot95:
wait,like seriously?? I'd love to meet ur bro...me love anything relating to art

grin grin grin

Of course you'd love to.

How convenient. The oldest trick in the book grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 9:24am On Apr 26, 2015
haydot95:
sauce?

It was on oaupeeps.com

And those guys haven't carried any news I found to be false so far so I'm guessing that it's pasted somewhere in school.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 26, 2015
Timmytimmy:

grin grin grin

Of course you'd love to.

How convenient. The oldest trick in the book grin
tfu...a man z gotta do what a man z gotta do...but na her bro I wan meet jhor
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 26, 2015
Timmytimmy:

It was on oaupeeps.com

And those guys haven't carried any news I found to be false so far so I'm guessing that it's pasted somewhere in school.
link? Cos their last entry was on april 21...unless my phone z high on cheap skunk
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 26, 2015
haydot95:

That's nice.. Im also learning
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 26, 2015
And em,dazzlemee,can you cook real food? Not indomie and the likes o. That's gonna be like an added benefit apart from meeting ur bro,need someone who would tutor me in colour theory and from the work behind you,seems ur bro would be right for the job...I'll pay u both...u as the agent and him as the tutor
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 26, 2015
dazzlemee:

That's nice.. Im also learning
what??! Now forget about your bro...u'll teach me instead
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 26, 2015
Timmytimmy:

Erm...wait a minute *saves picture*

Now, you can remove it. smiley

Even though you don't have to undecided

Don't use my picture for juju o angry tongue
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 26, 2015
haydot95:
And em,dazzlemee,can you cook real food? Not indomie and the likes o. That's gonna be like an added benefit apart from meeting ur bro,need someone who would tutor me in colour theory and from the work behind you,seems ur bro would be right for the job...I'll pay u both...u as the agent and him as the tutor

Lmfao what type of food do you want? And my brother is not cheap wink
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 26, 2015
haydot95:
what??! Now forget about your bro...u'll teach me instead

Nooo na my brother is the bEtter person for the job cheesy
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2015
dazzlemee:

Nooo na my brother is the bEtter person for the job cheesy
ma'am...u see,when a girl tutors a guy,the guy wouldn't wanna flop...all his senses would be active thereby making him learn faster and better...so I guess u know what I'm trying to say
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 26, 2015
dazzlemee:

Lmfao what type of food do you want? And my brother is not cheap wink
the real food...I'm a yoruba boy,we have categories of food...pounded yam is real food,yam flour is medicine,na scarcity of food dy make yoruba boi chop eba...make mouth no jst shut up na why yoruba boi dy chop rice...all in all eh,pounded yam and egusi with bushmeat and palmy would do the trick....and em,if you know how much I ve spent for the past one year trying to learn more about art,u won't say ur bro aint cheap tongue
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 26, 2015
haydot95:
ma'am...u see,when a girl tutors a guy,the guy wouldn't wanna flop...all his senses would be active thereby making him learn faster and better...so I guess u know what I'm trying to say

Lmfao I understand.... I will teach you in school wink
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 26, 2015
haydot95:
the real food...I'm a yoruba boy,we have categories of food...pounded yam is real food,yam flour is medicine,na scarcity of food dy make yoruba boi chop eba...make mouth no jst shut up na why yoruba boi dy chop rice...all in all eh,pounded yam and egusi with bushmeat and palmy would do the trick....and em,if you know how much I ve spent for the past one year trying to learn more about art,u won't say ur bro aint cheap tongue

I can cook all that except bushmeat and Ive never taken palmwine? But no problem your wish is my command cheesy
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 26, 2015
dazzlemee:

Lmfao I understand.... I will teach you in school wink
gbam...it is settled,oya chop kiss....Timmy,see ur life?! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (573) (Reply)

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process....

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.