Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,147 members, 7,829,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. - Education (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. (741380 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Eportal Is Now Open For Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Ghydyon(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2015
OSOGBO-The management of OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY extends the resumption of the new session 2014/2015 session to June 1st 2015 for fresh students and June 15 2015 for returning students. It was made known by the registrar of the school Dr Awoyemi through a press release in the early hours on Monday may 11 2015. The change was made necessary after the kidnap of one of her staff in the faculty of environmental design management EDM. it was gathered that this is the third time the management will come up with a new resumption date. Ifeoma a fresh student of english and education shows express her frustration in an interview with punch says she so much disappointed with the school after staying at home for a year. blessing who is a fresh student of sociology and anthropology cried at the hearing of the new resumption date.

source www.punchng.com/oau-extend-resumption-date

am sure some people will rush to click the link.dont die of heart attack oooo... lol

This part of what we call ARO in the great OAU.

HAPPY RESUMPTION IN ADVANCE
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by SaintRobs: 2:19pm On May 11, 2015
This is too expensive! Don't play prank on us again oooo,else ...
Ghydyon:
OSOGBO-The management of OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY extends the resumption of the new session 2014/2015 session to June 1st 2015 for fresh students and June 15 2015 for returning students. It was made known by the registrar of the school Dr Awoyemi through a press release in the early hours on Monday may 11 2015. The change was made necessary after the kidnap of one of her staff in the faculty of environmental design management EDM. it was gathered that this is the third time the management will come up with a new resumption date. Ifeoma a fresh student of english and education shows express her frustration in an interview with punch says she so much disappointed with the school after staying at home for a year. blessing who is a fresh student of sociology and anthropology cried at the hearing of the new resumption date.

am sure some people will rush to click the link.dont die of heart attack oooo... lol

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Ariyke: 2:25pm On May 11, 2015
Miracy:

Cool one cool
madam are u part of Ogun exco now?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by dejii01(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2015
SaintRobs:
This is too expensive! Don't play prank on us again oooo,else ...

He must have gotten you grin grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by SaintRobs: 2:26pm On May 11, 2015
When you get there,ask of room ''M15''(that's where issues like that are being resolved)
Solexy96:

Simply take a bike and tell the rider you are going to Computer centre...
If not, make your way to the senate building(you should know where this is) along the main coming from the halls.
Continue down the road past the faculties of health(on your right) and biological sciences(on your left).
You'd get to the faculty of pharmacy. The computer centre(or lab) is opposite fac. of pharmacy.

Note: Ensure that you don't get to the school of postgraduate studies. It's beyond fac. of pharmacy and comp. centre.

Safe journey!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by moyes5757(m): 2:40pm On May 11, 2015
Ghydyon:

source www.punchng.com/oau-extend-resumption-date/

this guy almost gave me an heart attack.. Nobody should try this again oo
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by SaintRobs: 2:41pm On May 11, 2015
100 OAU SLANGS AND MEANINGS
complied by lhezyzabeta
1.Ogba femi(femi's compound)---Oaucampus
2.Dobale--(prostrate- a tradition that performing artisite must fulfil before performing
3.Risky burger---fried egg and bread
4.Academics---lecture areas
5.Scabbash--- to pray in tongues
6.Prayo/spirikoko--- a religious person
7.Anglomoz--- love den between two freshmen hostels
8.Blocking--- The sight of a boy and girl together
9.Risky burger......a bread and egg meal
10.Aiye o po(inadequate space).....timeis necessary
11.Aro.... An annoying tease
12.School2...a particular area on campus
13.Aluta continua,Victoria asserts...end note of all announcement
14.No toasting--- a strong disagreement
15.Omo Awo--- guys who tease for fun
16.Faa aluta--- to cause pandemonium
17.Tan gboro--- commuter bus
18.Iwe--- an intelligent person
19.Broda sister wa o(and vice versa)--- welcoming address for a male in a female hostel
20.Baba na u o--- sarcastic/ ironic appraisal
21.Mr Moz--- frequent male visitor in female hostels
22.Moz101--- act of wooing fresh female students
23.Maa goo--- be smart
24.Won get mi--- to fail a course
25.Pam--- score
26.Igi iwe,ESO odo--- one who reads excessively but fails always
27.cest pon kaye--- nobody's business
28.Jacking--- act of reading
29.Jacko/iwe-stramol/jacko-mycine--- one who reads a lot
30.Department of bigbig books--- health sciences
31.Oau choiresters--- law students
32.FFO/Aj--- glutton
33.Fresher---new student
34.Town--- areas outside campus
35.Maximum shishi--- punishment for offenders
36.Floor O--- school's detention room
37.Porter--- security men
38.Jo o--- an excuse or a sarcastic plea
39.wooo Wooo--- go straight to the point
40.Department of EFCC--- faculty of science. Named after the grades the give most: E F and C
41.White house--- faculty of science
42.Yellow house--- department of mathematics
43.Omo mi(my child)-- an aquintance
44.ota lenu(peppery)--something accepted
45.shi(open)-- to fail/ to ignore
46.Quarters--- Staff areas
47.Omi Faborode--- tap water
48.Road 1--- main entrance to campus
49.Boss/egbon---a sophisticated person
50.spagewa--- a meal of spaghetti and beans
51.Concursion/ conkoki--- a hurriedly prepared meal or food lacking necessary ingredient
52.No animal/ without/ no protein--- meal without fish or meat
53.Alaaro--one who does aro
54.singist---a singer
55.humbility---extreme humility
56.Docki---med student
57.Orijo---material for cheating
58.Baskeh bo kot--- basket ball court used for scabbashing
59.Omo ibo--- non Yoruba
60.Hall--- student hostels
61.Death center---schoolclinic
62.Maintenance---female student off campus hostel
63.Kooro--- hidden places
64.Carpenter is a around--- popular carpenter
65.Gp de shake---low Gp
66.Gp make sense---high Gp
67.moremi100,200,300level--- floors in moremi hall
68.ekaro se ma foosho(good morning,wash your clothes)---dry cleaners
69.e-problem--schools eportal
70.Omisore oke,eeyan wa n s(omisore upstairs.some one is downstairs)--usually said in
Awo blocks to warn someone of pouring down
water from tops.
71.Ajose parole---night time out
72.sport's popcorn--- buttered popcorn
73.rishas car---airtime recharge card
74.indospag---meal of spaghetti and indomie
75.Alhaja/Hajia---female Muslim
76.afa---male Muslim
77.Oga---male fellowship executive
78.Mummy---female fellowship executive
79.Esko/Exco--- executive
80.Parade---take an offender round the school
81.ko Funny---boring performance or hardship
82.Amarachi---any wayward female
83.As e de hot---intense circumstance
84.La cram la pour,la pass la graduate--- slang used after a frustrated effort of trying to understand a course.
85.efficiency--- someone who is too unnecessarily involved in something
86.Corner--- one's portion of hostel room
87.ise to ta(peppery work)--- job well done
88.omo wa ni(our child)---popular person
89.Iwe factorial--- brilliant student
90.kawe yo/kawe ju(over read)- hypes for an unserious person
91.omo la toro iwe labi(we begged for a child,but begot a book)---brilliant person
92.Ose igberaga(periodof pride)---- resumption
93.Ife gbeyin(end of ife)--- exam period/ when provisions are finished
94.PDP,power,APC,change----a cheer for attention
95.Ogun malaria(malariadrugs)--- any drug at all,given by health center pharmacists
96.Laana---- to fail a course
97.won get mi(I have been caught)--- to fail a course/ get a grade least expected
98.Won fun mi ni 40E(I was given 40E)---- to score 40E
99.F and F---a popular restuarant in school called forks and fingers
100.Mi ole wa ku ,Alaye longba bsc(i cant kill myself,only the living attains Bsc)--- used after a frustrated effort in understanding a course/ after several hours of reading

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Miracy(f): 2:47pm On May 11, 2015
Ariyke:
madam are u part of Ogun exco now?
Yes ma'am....

Been a long time oooo. .. How have you been?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Hayhorbhami: 3:05pm On May 11, 2015
Miracy:

Boss mi i greet you... How's you??

As in ehn...It's needed. I'm enjoying myself at home jawe... I cannot come and goan die jawe grin
My honourable VP enjoy ur self wella.... but no forget NAOSS assignment (Mariam)
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Miracy(f): 3:29pm On May 11, 2015
Hayhorbhami:
My honourable VP enjoy ur self wella.... but no forget NAOSS assignment (Mariam)

Are you kidding me shocked shocked so my industrious social director is here... God bless my leader wink

I no fit forget ooo.. .. mi o ni fe teh na grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Hayhorbhami: 3:40pm On May 11, 2015
Miracy:

Are you kidding me shocked shocked so my industrious social director is here... God bless my leader wink

I no fit forget ooo.. .. mi o ni fe teh na grin
I trust you
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 4:04pm On May 11, 2015
BLAF:

Broz,Is d printout the computerized sheet(d one that contains d results of several students) or the one printed from Waecdirect.org?

The one from Waecdirect.org
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Lyrically(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2015
Ghydyon:

i no wan laugh before but i don't know when i started laughing..had it been we av resume ni bai maybe dem kidnappers won't have kidnapped this man..well God knows best sha and whoever did this aro got me
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 4:16pm On May 11, 2015
Amarachi---any wayward female

Omo ibo--- non Yoruba

Smh. Funny in a really tribalistic way if you begin to think about how the slangs must have originated. embarassed

Not cool and really insensitive when you have a close friend named Amarachi.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 4:34pm On May 11, 2015
9blast:
goodluck babe
thanks
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 4:35pm On May 11, 2015
Dammytrager:
angry
don't worry, they wouldn't dare grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 4:37pm On May 11, 2015
uumm:

yeah... still here.. living the life.
We "stalites" on campus (I, dammytrager and co.), wish you "freshers" a safe journey. cheesy
cool cheesy
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 4:40pm On May 11, 2015
queenabby:
awfar with ur acc
still far o, my sister
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Solexy96(m): 4:49pm On May 11, 2015
Miracy:

cheesy cheesy
*whispers *I'm actually eyeing the post of the president wink

You're a law student??

Chai...! Post of the president? You wanna start a feministic revolution ni yen...

But... I agree... It's possible. You'll just need to create a very convincing awareness as to why a female could take-up the role of president.
But you have to start beating the guys to the post early... You need to start from your faculty...

Wow... This conversation is really getting interesting. I love people who love to break-through barriers, think out of the box and aim higher than deemed possible. Its kind of my style wink

I'm not a law student(i presumed that's what you meant earlier but just had to confirm), I'm a Mechanical Engineering student.

I'd like to continue this conversation elsewhere. Add me up on Whatsapp - 08132210524.
Reply if you concur...
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Lyrically(m): 5:13pm On May 11, 2015
Solexy96:

Chai...! Post of the president? You wanna start a feministic revolution ni yen...

But... I agree... It's possible. You'll just need to create a very convincing awareness as to why a female could take-up the role of president.
But you have to start beating the guys to the post early... You need to start from your faculty...

Wow... This conversation is really getting interesting. I love people who love to break-through barriers, think out of the box and aim higher than deemed possible. Its kind of my style wink

I'm not a law student(i presumed that's what you meant earlier but just had to confirm), I'm a Mechanical Engineering student.

I'd like to continue this conversation elsewhere. Add me up on Whatsapp - 08132210524.
Reply if you concur...
what of me..should i reply?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by janoking(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2015
SaintRobs:
100 OAU SLANGS AND MEANINGS
complied by lhezyzabeta
1.Ogba femi(femi's compound)---Oaucampus
2.Dobale--(prostrate- a tradition that performing artisite must fulfil before performing
3.Risky burger---fried egg and bread
4.Academics---lecture areas
5.Scabbash--- to pray in tongues
6.Prayo/spirikoko--- a religious person
7.Anglomoz--- love den between two freshmen hostels
8.Blocking--- The sight of a boy and girl together
9.Risky burger......a bread and egg meal
10.Aiye o po(inadequate space).....timeis necessary
11.Aro.... An annoying tease
12.School2...a particular area on campus
13.Aluta continua,Victoria asserts...end note of all announcement
14.No toasting--- a strong disagreement
15.Omo Awo--- guys who tease for fun
16.Faa aluta--- to cause pandemonium
17.Tan gboro--- commuter bus
18.Iwe--- an intelligent person
19.Broda sister wa o(and vice versa)--- welcoming address for a male in a female hostel
20.Baba na u o--- sarcastic/ ironic appraisal
21.Mr Moz--- frequent male visitor in female hostels
22.Moz101--- act of wooing fresh female students
23.Maa goo--- be smart
24.Won get mi--- to fail a course
25.Pam--- score
26.Igi iwe,ESO odo--- one who reads excessively but fails always
27.cest pon kaye--- nobody's business
28.Jacking--- act of reading
29.Jacko/iwe-stramol/jacko-mycine--- one who reads a lot
30.Department of bigbig books--- health sciences
31.Oau choiresters--- law students
32.FFO/Aj--- glutton
33.Fresher---new student
34.Town--- areas outside campus
35.Maximum shishi--- punishment for offenders
36.Floor O--- school's detention room
37.Porter--- security men
38.Jo o--- an excuse or a sarcastic plea
39.wooo Wooo--- go straight to the point
40.Department of EFCC--- faculty of science. Named after the grades the give most: E F and C
41.White house--- faculty of science
42.Yellow house--- department of mathematics
43.Omo mi(my child)-- an aquintance
44.ota lenu(peppery)--something accepted
45.shi(open)-- to fail/ to ignore
46.Quarters--- Staff areas
47.Omi Faborode--- tap water
48.Road 1--- main entrance to campus
49.Boss/egbon---a sophisticated person
50.spagewa--- a meal of spaghetti and beans
51.Concursion/ conkoki--- a hurriedly prepared meal or food lacking necessary ingredient
52.No animal/ without/ no protein--- meal without fish or meat
53.Alaaro--one who does aro
54.singist---a singer
55.humbility---extreme humility
56.Docki---med student
57.Orijo---material for cheating
58.Baskeh bo kot--- basket ball court used for scabbashing
59.Omo ibo--- non Yoruba
60.Hall--- student hostels
61.Death center---schoolclinic
62.Maintenance---female student off campus hostel
63.Kooro--- hidden places
64.Carpenter is a around--- popular carpenter
65.Gp de shake---low Gp
66.Gp make sense---high Gp
67.moremi100,200,300level--- floors in moremi hall
68.ekaro se ma foosho(good morning,wash your clothes)---dry cleaners
69.e-problem--schools eportal
70.Omisore oke,eeyan wa n s(omisore upstairs.some one is downstairs)--usually said in
Awo blocks to warn someone of pouring down
water from tops.
71.Ajose parole---night time out
72.sport's popcorn--- buttered popcorn
73.rishas car---airtime recharge card
74.indospag---meal of spaghetti and indomie
75.Alhaja/Hajia---female Muslim
76.afa---male Muslim
77.Oga---male fellowship executive
78.Mummy---female fellowship executive
79.Esko/Exco--- executive
80.Parade---take an offender round the school
81.ko Funny---boring performance or hardship
82.Amarachi---any wayward female
83.As e de hot---intense circumstance
84.La cram la pour,la pass la graduate--- slang used after a frustrated effort of trying to understand a course.
85.efficiency--- someone who is too unnecessarily involved in something
86.Corner--- one's portion of hostel room
87.ise to ta(peppery work)--- job well done
88.omo wa ni(our child)---popular person
89.Iwe factorial--- brilliant student
90.kawe yo/kawe ju(over read)- hypes for an unserious person
91.omo la toro iwe labi(we begged for a child,but begot a book)---brilliant person
92.Ose igberaga(periodof pride)---- resumption
93.Ife gbeyin(end of ife)--- exam period/ when provisions are finished
94.PDP,power,APC,change----a cheer for attention
95.Ogun malaria(malariadrugs)--- any drug at all,given by health center pharmacists
96.Laana---- to fail a course
97.won get mi(I have been caught)--- to fail a course/ get a grade least expected
98.Won fun mi ni 40E(I was given 40E)---- to score 40E
99.F and F---a popular restuarant in school called forks and fingers
100.Mi ole wa ku ,Alaye longba bsc(i cant kill myself,only the living attains Bsc)--- used after a frustrated effort in understanding a course/ after several hours of reading
thanks for the info
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Solexy96(m): 5:43pm On May 11, 2015
Lyrically:
what of me..should i reply?
Lol... You can bro.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Miracy(f): 6:09pm On May 11, 2015
Solexy96:

Reply if you concur...
Let's continue our conversation on whatsapp then wink
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Lyrically(m): 6:14pm On May 11, 2015
Miracy:

Let's continue our conversation on whatsapp then wink
Jesus christ son of God!..Miracy is dat you? *in davido's voice* baby you're looking so nice
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Miracy(f): 6:23pm On May 11, 2015
Lyrically:
Jesus christ son of God!..Miracy is dat you? *in davido's voice* baby you're looking so nice
shocked shocked shocked I'm lost... me for where
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 6:35pm On May 11, 2015
Lyrically:

Bros, please don't take this the wrong way but that's not how it's done.

This is how to do it:

Solexy96:

Reply if you concur...

grin grin gringringringringrin

#TeamSolexy96 cool
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Lyrically(m): 7:06pm On May 11, 2015
Timmytimmy:

Bros, please don't take this the wrong way but that's not how it's done.

This is how to do it:

grin grin gringringringringrin

#TeamSolexy96 cool

Lolz i totally undastnd you..believe me no hidden agenda just appreciating a beautiful work of God
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Lyrically(m): 7:08pm On May 11, 2015
Miracy:
shocked shocked shocked I'm lost... me for where
ur pishure nah
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by PHgirl(f): 7:13pm On May 11, 2015
Ghydyon, are you a stallite?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Timmytimmy: 7:13pm On May 11, 2015
Lyrically:
Lolz i totally undastnd you..believe me no hidden agenda just appreciating a beautiful work of God

Hidden what?

please, can you explain what you mean by hidden agenda? embarassed
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Lyrically(m): 7:18pm On May 11, 2015
Timmytimmy:

Hidden what?

chairman no fall my hand nah..no be every cloth we dey spread for sun
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Lyrically(m): 7:18pm On May 11, 2015
Timmytimmy:

Hidden what?

chairman no fall my hand nah..no be every cloth we dey spread for sun..oya shakitibobo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (573) (Reply)

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.