Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:16 AM

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. - Education (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. (745104 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Eportal Is Now Open For Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Kcblunt(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
Kcblunt: Med cut off last year was 270,while this year was 275,likewise comp, last year and this year was 250,....but Why law cut off is outrageous?.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by understatement: 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
jaryeh u no ansa naw..pre degree cut off 4 law abi e neva show?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by lilchris04: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
please oh. I need a reply na.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by petreli08: 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
understatement: jaryeh u no ansa naw..pre degree cut off 4 law abi e neva show?

Can't be higher than 70
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by understatement: 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
petreli08:

Can't be higher than 70
k..i pray
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
[quote
author=jaryeh]

No.
Actually, no student wants it to result in school closure. Yea,
everyone cares about graduating at the appropriate time. The school
management are just so wicked that the only reaction they would have to a
peaceful protest is an indefinite shutdown.

Anyway, there is no aluta for now. Everyone is busy with their
lectures, everything is going fine. An opinion poll was conducted today
for students to choose whether to continue the struggle or forget about
it. But sha, all na "packaging", everyone knows that majority of us are
fed up. So, no aluta in our "to-do" list for now
.[/quote]

Thank God. I hope the management also keeps to the side of the bargain, so that there would be no more issues.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Davo93(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Or when oau students stop being so stubborn and always spoiling for a struggle. I hope you don't mind my asking what course you are studying. Is it in the college of health sciences?
I'm extremely gutted that you of all people will say something like this. Probably bcoz you can afford the new fees is why you have this kind of mindset. Just today,I mean just a few hours ago,a friend of mine that got admitted to for a course in one of the departments in Health sciences for the current 100 level set,told me he can't afford the new structured fees and as such won't resume. Just like that,a young boy's hope has been dashed just bcoz some fat-bellied id|ots sat at a round table and decided to increase the school fee,saying education is not cheap anywhere,thereby making reference to a 1st world countries when in reality we are in a 3rd world country. 1st world Countries like US,UK with high college fees also have high employment rate and relatively far better income. Or Another scenario,just imagine as you've gained admission now,the school management then decide to triple the school fee and the school fee ended up been an amt you can't afford. Just imagine the pain you will go through: after all the hardwork!; in a flash now,you can't study your dream course again.

The new fee is not a problem for me,it's also most probably not a problem for you too but believe me in a 3rd world country like Nigeria,it's still a problem for a sizable number of people and. I think anybody,just bcoz it's not a problem for him/her,should think the increment in fee is right and people protesting against it are nothing but just stubborn people.

@ Jaryeh,abeg which side you see the cut-offs for College of Health sciences?. I've been there,didn't see anything but of course,given how quite big it is with numerous notice boards,it's possible it's there and I didn't see it.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by johe58: 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
uumm:

I got your point.. my reply was just an off-collocation suggestion.
BTW, what course are you aspiring to study?
history(combined honours)
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leqsy(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Really? But when i registered last year, we were told that there was no ppt or dbt. That was early December last year. I registered in Moro, BTW.
more than 65% did ppt..btw the cutoff for mbbs isnt out...i just called the provost..mahn told me they gon release the cutoff marks for all the faculties simultaneously..it might actually be 275 but it aint out yet
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leqsy(m): 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
Leitner:
I'm extremely gutted that you of all people will say something like this. Probably bcoz you can afford the new fees is why you have this kind of mindset. Just today,I mean just a few hours ago,a friend of mine that got admitted to for a course in one of the departments in Health sciences for the current 100 level set,told me he can't afford the new structured fees and as such won't resume. Just like that,a young boy's hope has been dashed just bcoz some fat-bellied id|ots sat at a round table and decided to increase the school fee,saying education is not cheap anywhere,thereby making reference to a 1st world countries when in reality we are in a 3rd world country. 1st world Countries like US,UK with high college fees also have high employment rate and relatively far better income. Or Another scenario,just imagine as you've gained admission now,the school management then decide to triple the school fee and the school fee ended up been an amt you can't afford. Just imagine the pain you will go through: after all the hardwork!; in a flash now,you can't study your dream course again.

The new fee is not a problem for me,it's also most probably not a problem for you too but believe me in a 3rd world country like Nigeria,it's still a problem for a sizable number of people and. I think anybody,just bcoz it's not a problem for him/her,should think the increment in fee is right and people protesting against it are nothing but just stubborn people.

@ Jaryeh,abeg which side you see the cut-offs for College of Health sciences?. I've been there,didn't see anything but of course,given how quite big it is with numerous notice boards,it's possible it's there and I didn't see it.
it's not yet out...chill!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by dejii01(m): 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Leqsy:
more than 65% did ppt..btw the cutoff for mbbs isnt out...i just called the provost..mahn told me they gon release the cutoff marks for all the faculties simultaneously..it might actually be 275 but it aint out yet
Okay, lemme make a point. The members of OAUPEEPS.COM are students right? Do you think they just posted random scores as cut off marks or what.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by jaryeh(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
@Leitner, enter the building from the entrance around the HSLTs and check the 1st/2nd floor. Check the notice boards there, it's on one small notice board at a very tight corner. You can also ask around there but I doubt if they would know.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by jaryeh(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
Leqsy:

Funny.

Well, I like your faith o.... You can actually wait for the "true" cut offs sha. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by comradeGafar: 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
OAU sets to release her 2014/2015 merit admission list.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by jaryeh(m): 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
dejii01:
Okay, lemme make a point. The members of OAUPEEPS.COM are students right? Do you think they just posted random scores as cut off marks or what.

You don't need this actually. If anyone does not believe that the cut offs are real, let them get the real ones or keep waiting. Very simple.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Akejuolusegun(m): 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
comradeGafar: OAU sets to release her 2014/2015 merit admission list.
I heard that too.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Ladokun12(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
So no admin for me dis year en.lobatan!!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Akejuolusegun(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
I just still don't wanna believe the cutoff for law. its too disheartening .
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by dejii01(m): 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
Akejuolusegun: I heard that too.
Source?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by dejii01(m): 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
jaryeh:

You don't need this actually. If anyone does not believe that the cut offs are real, let them get the real ones or keep waiting. Very simple.
Exactly!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Akejuolusegun(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
jahye and dejii are only harsh because they are not aspirant and you don't know how painful it is accept that fact.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by dejii01(m): 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Akejuolusegun: jahye and dejii are only harsh because they are not aspirant and you don't know how painful it is accept that fact.
Bro, I'm aspirant and I totally understand. I can imagine what you're going through right now with an aggregate as high as 275 and the cut off is 291.5. Don't lose hope man, I pray you get the admission.

What he's saying is that he called the provost and he said it's not out. I don't really understand that.

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by johe58: 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
STORY SO FAR
BECAUSE of d controversial oau claimed"released cut offs"some aspirants ere have already agreed dat dey would get admitted,odas have resigned 2 fate...while odas are still waiting..d faculty of arts and social sciences
this is a serious season film and believe me i would watch it 2 d end
johnny reporting live 4rm mihouse tv
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by moyes5757(m): 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
@ladokun don't give up I think u shud go 2 ife asap 2 d admission office nd ask. Dem if u can fill d change of course form nd maybe be admitted to study english
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
@leitner, it's not like i'm being selfish or anything but i just can't subscribe to the school of thought of protests. It's just me. I may not be okay with something but there are other ways to put your point across, i guess.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
@Chiamaka how far?
Shey Mbbs cut off mark favour u?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
@leitner, i think the fees are appropriate, not because i can afford it, but because, i think, that the quality of education offered is worth the fee.

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Akejuolusegun(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
but I think the school should have released the cutoff on their website nah.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Akejuolusegun(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
Chiamaka01: @leitner, i think the fees are appropriate, not because i can afford it, but because, i think, that the quality of education offered is worth the fee.
you don't really know how poor people have been and they've taken oau as their only hope.

2 Likes

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by PrinceCEE(m): 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
JSMMUYIWA: @Chiamaka how far?
Shey Mbbs cut off mark favour u?
it should, her aggregate is as outrageous as OUA's assumed cut off
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by hausadreturn(m): 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
I had to rush down here when a girl called me crying that oau has released d cut offs, & that law is 291, medicine is 270+, etc.
Before she did though, i had checked d senate building earlier & saw nothing.
>
We'll just watch & see. Infact, i'll have to check d senate again tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (573) (Reply)

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.