Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals (76221 Views)

Acoustic Guitarist Needed / Nigerian Guitarist Simeon Djagbo Was Born Without Fingers And Palms (photos) / A Thread For Pianists: Amateurs, Intermediaries, Professionals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by morax101(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2014
Pls download and comment, it's arrpegiated chord form

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jff6nazca7t8hx/VN-20141003-023706.m4a?dl=0
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 8:46am On Oct 03, 2014
morax101: Pls download and comment, it's arrpegiated chord form

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jff6nazca7t8hx/VN-20141003-023706.m4a?dl=0

Wow, this is so folk highlife! You did well, Bro. Seem you went too fast with your fingering somewhere missing your string. Well done!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by morax101(m): 8:50am On Oct 03, 2014
TonySpike:

Wow, this is so folk highlife! You did well, Bro. Seem you went too fast with your fingering somewhere missing your string. Well done!

thank you, just practicing arrpegios and that's why, will improve on that.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by emmanok24(m): 10:04am On Oct 03, 2014
Mosjentle: emmanok24. if u need my help say so... .. add 07053637637 n watsapp..i,l teach you what I can do

Bro, I need more than enough help! I've sent you a msg on whatsapp.

Thanks!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Xymc1(m): 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sorry i wasn't sure where to post this so i just
did here cause i think it's a related topic
I was searching for Bass guitar chords for Don
Moens' song "Trust in the Lord with all your
heart" & i came across this below,could
anybody interpret or explain it to me please...
Intro (Reggae feel throughout):
G D Em D C D
| / / / / | / / / / | / / / / | / / / / |
VERSE in G:
G D
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
Am Em C D G
and lean not on your own under–stand–ing,
(D) D
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
Am
and He shall direct,
Em C D G
and He shall di–rect your path.
G Em C D
| / / / / | / / / / |
(1st time: then repeat VERSE in G)
G Em C D
| / / / / | / / / / |
(2nd and 3rd time: then to CHORUS)
CHORUS:
Am Dsus4 D Am
He will not allow your foot to be moved
(Am) D Em
He that keeps you will not slum–ber,
Am D Em C Am
The Lord is near unto all them that call upon
Him,
C D
To all that call u–pon Him in truth.
C D E
To all that call u–pon Him in truth___.
(2nd time: then to VERSE in A)
VERSE in A:
A E
Bm F#m D E A
( A ) E
Bm
and He shall direct,
F#m D E A
(Repeat VERSE in A 2x or as often as desired,
then
A D E A D E A
| / / / / | / / / / | / / / / | / / / /
| / |
I really have no idea what it means or how to
interpret it to play on the guitar,help will be
highly appreciated...
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by morax101(m): 7:01am On Oct 04, 2014
Xymc1: Sorry i wasn't sure where to post this so i just
did here cause i think it's a related topic
I was searching for Bass guitar chords for Don
Moens' song "Trust in the Lord with all your
heart" & i came across this below,could
anybody interpret or explain it to me please...
Intro (Reggae feel throughout):
G D Em D C D
| / / / / | / / / / | / / / / | / / / / |
VERSE in G:
G D
Am Em C D G
(D) D
Am
and He shall direct,
Em C D G
G Em C D
| / / / / | / / / / |
G Em C D
| / / / / | / / / / |
(2nd and 3rd time: then to CHORUS)
CHORUS:
Am Dsus4 D Am
He will not allow your foot to be moved
(Am) D Em
He that keeps you will not slum–ber,
Am D Em C Am
The Lord is near unto all them that call upon
Him,
C D
To all that call u–pon Him in truth.
C D E
To all that call u–pon Him in truth___.
(2nd time: then to VERSE in A)
VERSE in A:
A E
Bm F#m D E A
( A ) E
Bm
and He shall direct,
F#m D E A
(Repeat VERSE in A 2x or as often as desired,
then
A D E A D E A
| / / / / | / / / / | / / / / | / / / /
| / |
I really have no idea what it means or how to
interpret it to play on the guitar,help will be
highly appreciated...

IMO

what we have here is called tablature and it's easy, you just need some basic knowledge. back to the question you asked, those are chords you need to play/per 4 bar....

in a simple manner, say you want to play on C.. that's your chord 1 (D), D will be 2(R), E will be 3 (M) and so on.

for you to be able to play (say easily) the sharp and flat of any key, you need to be vast in chromatic scale.. e.g. C# will be (de) and that's just and increase in semitone.. man, if need be,msg me on whatsapp
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Xymc1(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2014
morax101:

IMO

what we have here is called tablature and it's easy, you just need some basic knowledge. back to the question you asked, those are chords you need to play/per 4 bar....

in a simple manner, say you want to play on C.. that's your chord 1 (D), D will be 2(R), E will be 3 (M) and so on.

for you to be able to play (say easily) the sharp and flat of any key, you need to be vast in chromatic scale.. e.g. C# will be (de) and that's just and increase in semitone.. man, if need be,msg me on whatsapp 08034349313
Thanks, i'll do that soonest
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 8:33am On Oct 04, 2014
Xymc1:
Thanks, i'll do that soonest

Permit me to ask, can you read tablatures already to play your bass guitar?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Xymc1(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
TonySpike:

Permit me to ask, can you read tablatures already to play your bass guitar?
To be honest,i have no idea what tablatures are
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
A short solo of mine.....download and comment..i promised..

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2014
Observing...many guitarist are coming in,that is cool

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2014
kilokeys:
fur elise
hey bro,long time
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2014
MrKnowitall:
My fender.
how much did you get your fender
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 8:01am On Oct 07, 2014
Someone should comment on this dirge song of mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai0rrktkb0h93ev/Voice%20044.m4a?dl=0

grin grin

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by emmanok24(m): 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
Learnt my DoReMi on Key "C" today.

Can anyone help me with the tonic solfa of songs I can practice with?

Thanks in advance.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
emmanok24:
Learnt my DoReMi on Key "C" today.

Can anyone help me with the tonic solfa of songs I can practice with?

Thanks in advance.

I think it might be better for you to learn and know the chords by name instead of using the usual Naija DoReMi method. My opinion though...
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by emmanok24(m): 12:35am On Oct 11, 2014
TonySpike:

I think it might be better for you to learn and know the chords by name instead of using the usual Naija DoReMi method. My opinion though...

I agree with you... but then I need to start from somewhere.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 6:48am On Oct 11, 2014
fur elise..
cheesy for lovers of classical guitars.

its easy if u finger pick. and understand chord melody

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by harffie(m): 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
kilokeys:
fur elise..

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2014
harffie
did u listen to it?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
kilokeys:
fur elise..

nice one...I just listened to it!

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 8:41am On Oct 13, 2014
emmanok24: ....
mi mi fa so so fa mi re do do re mi mi re re...mi mi fa so so fa mi re do do re mi re do do...re re mi do re mi fa mi re do re so(ice-cream ringtone)

mi mi re mi do
fa fa mi fa re
so so fa so mi
do do mi re do ti do
mi do la re la do ti ti do
mi do la re la do ti ti la
do so mi la mi fa so re mi
do so mi la la do ti ti do(more like a classical)

la ti do re do ti
la so la...2times
la ti do re do ti
mi ti la
do re mi
fa mi re do
la so la
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:04am On Oct 13, 2014
Nastydroid:
mi mi fa so so fa mi re do do re mi mi re re...mi mi fa so so fa mi re do do re mi re do do...re re mi do re mi fa mi re do re so(ice-cream ringtone)

mi mi re mi do
fa fa mi fa re
so so fa so mi
do do mi re do ti do

la ti do re do ti
la so la...2times
la ti do re do ti
mi ti la
do re mi
fa mi re do
la so la

Nastydroid, so you are into this 'Do Re Mi' thing too? Na wa o
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2014
TonySpike:

Nastydroid, so you are into this 'Do Re Mi' thing too? Na wa o
lol no ooo..he asked for notes nau,am just helping,wat i gave is meant for "Amajor" he can try it on his C too
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:23am On Oct 13, 2014
Nastydroid:
lol no ooo..he asked for notes nau,am just helping,wat i gave is meant for "Amajor" he can try it on his C too

I hope you are accustomed to playing with tablatures though?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2014
TonySpike:

I hope you are accustomed to playing with tablatures though?
not yet *covers face*
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by emmanok24(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
Nastydroid:

mi mi re mi do
fa fa mi fa re
so so fa so mi
do do mi re do ti do

la ti do re do ti
la so la...2times
la ti do re do ti
mi ti la
do re mi
fa mi re do
la so la

Thank you so much!

Will brief you on my progress.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by emmanok24(m): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
Nastydroid:

Mr. TonySpike wny won't you let those that are willing to see me improve be of help!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
emmanok24:

Mr. TonySpike wny won't you let those that are willing to see me improve be of help!

no one is preventing anyone from helping others bro.....we are all learning
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
emmanok24:

Thank you so much!

Will brief you on my progress.
you are welcome bro...i pray u find dem easy
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by kilokeys(m): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
nat King Cole's cover.. i love you for sentimental reasons (1954)
guitar and voice by moi.

i wanna get better with this style of guitaring. d likes of michael buble, frank sinitra and king cole.

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
kilokeys:
nat King Cole's cover.. i love you for sentimental reasons (1954)
guitar and voice by moi.

i wanna get better with this style of guitaring. d likes of michael buble, frank sinitra and king cole.
hey bro..are u still willing to exchange sumtin before u can teach me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Top Eight Sexiest Radio On Air Personalities(pics) / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / D'banj Fall In Love Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.