Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

Official Hit By Smoke Bomb In Villa-spurs Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official Hit By Smoke Bomb In Villa-spurs Game (540 Views)

Premier League Hit By Uefa Changes / Chelsea And Spurs Chase Sani Emmanuel / Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Official Hit By Smoke Bomb In Villa-spurs Game by naijasofamerica(f): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
An assistant referee was struck by a firework thrown from a section of Tottenham supporters during the London side's Premier League game

at Aston Villa.

Re: Official Hit By Smoke Bomb In Villa-spurs Game by naijasofamerica(f): 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
David Bryan, who was running the line in front of the Spurs fans located in the Doug Ellis Stand, was hit by a flare or smoke bomb thrown

after Andros Townsend opened the scoring in the first half.

The restart after the 31st-minute goal was delayed after the incident but Bryan, who appeared to have been hit on the back of the neck, was

fit to continue.

The Football Association announced on Sunday evening that it was launching an investigation, while two arrests were made by police.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas said: "Obviously it is not great to see. It should be avoided completely. I think it touched the linesman. I

think situations like this do not have a place in football. I sincerely hope it does not happen again."

Re: Official Hit By Smoke Bomb In Villa-spurs Game by emmanuelson20: 8:19am On Oct 21, 2013
Really...

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans,please Do Not Watch This! / Arsenal Readying £15m Bid For Ba / Eaglets Play A Better Football Than The Super Eagles, Let's Argue For Or Againts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.