Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja (49964 Views)

Wizkid Performs With Angel At Yahoo! Wireless Festival / {VIDEO + DOWNLOAD} Wizkid Performs ‘the Matter’ At Ghana Music Awards / VIDEO: Waje Performs “for A Minute”, “na The Way” & “kolo” Live In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by safarigirl(f): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
speedyboi:

Asa was just an example.
Abuja Peeps like MI. They also like Artists like Omawumi, waje, Tiwa Savage, Onyeka Onwenu, Banky W, Darey etc. And that's because they usually make music not noise! And to top it all, they usually come with live band to stage

The limit to which they like the likes of flavour, P-square, wizkid, Iyanya, Davido etc is just to dance to their music at the club or add them to playlist. But to go waste money to see them lip sync on stage? Hell Nah!

@the bolded, the show was held in dem lugbe, kubwa et Al...I guess? undecided afterall...na abuja people dey call those places too. Cos I don't see people doing that. For this same abuja where people go stand up and go home if the artist no come stage on time? Or if the show is disorganized and started late? I don't think so!
lol, twas held in Sheraton, dunno if they have one in lugbe. The organisers were tryna pull the legs of the attendees, I think it was that Glo bounce show, he came up once the host got off the stage. Like I said, you're hyping Abuja people too much. Abuja doesn't equal Maitama, Wuse and Asokoro, there are wealthier people in the Lugbe and Kubwa sef that aren't interested in forming like Maitama people that will rent a yeye house for 15 million but can barely afford to eat just so they can form 'I stay in Maitama'
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Chartey(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
born2fuck: you remind me of song, Aboki; shine my shoe..even if dem show super eagle match for abuja, aboki people no go turn on.
Na who come tell you sey na aboki dey stay Abj? Some people really need to step outside their states i swear.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by devour129: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
safarigirl: lol, twas held in Sheraton, dunno if they have one in lugbe. The organisers were tryna pull the legs of the attendees, I think it was that Glo bounce show, he came up once the host got off the stage. Like I said, you're hyping Abuja people too much. Abuja doesn't equal Maitama, Wuse and Asokoro, there are wealthier people in the Lugbe and Kubwa sef that aren't interested in forming like Maitama people that will rent a yeye house for 15 million but can barely afford to eat just so they can form 'I stay in Maitama'
lol there are rich people all over abuja.like you said the ones in asokoro and Maitama don't necessary have monopoly to wealth anymore but they are the show off ones. Abuja people are not the outing type,they like to code a lot and some have this mentality that people are always after them,add the boko issue too.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by MsTobii: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
I guess his 'broke' fans finally have an opinion
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by safarigirl(f): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
eaglechild:
U have started saying thrash.
Psquare and 2face will pull more crowd in Abuja than Asa or nneka.
This is Nigeria not Europe.
Get real.

Abuja is not in the moon, it is in Nigeria.
you dey mind am? The same ABJ wey I dey wey big boys dey play P-square and Flavor for car. Even the lounges na Skelewu and Caro dem dey play. I never pass any part of Abuja wey dem dey jam to Asa or Nneka so I no know wetin the bros dey form. When Xmas/New year show na Flavor, Burna, Ice prince, Davido dey headline concerts, the Asa lovers dey go jand that period, if dem go, who dey full those places? Ghosts?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Chartey(m): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
speedyboi:

Asa was just an example.
Abuja Peeps like MI. They also like Artists like Omawumi, waje, Tiwa Savage, Onyeka Onwenu, Banky W, Darey etc. And that's because they usually make music not noise! And to top it all, they usually come with live band to stage

The limit to which they like the likes of flavour, P-square, wizkid, Iyanya, Davido etc is just to dance to their music at the club or add them to playlist. But to go waste money to see them lip sync on stage? Hell Nah!

@the bolded, the show was held in dem lugbe, kubwa et Al...I guess? undecided afterall...na abuja people dey call those places too. Cos I don't see people doing that. For this same abuja where people go stand up and go home if the artist no come stage on time? Or if the show is disorganized and started late? I don't think so!
If you come comot dem Lugbe, Kubwa, and even Nyanya and all those places, then Abj becomes one big GRA now. Those are the places that make Abj a CITY boy. Or do you think Lagos and the other cities don't hv t.ush(so-called) people in large numbers who'll prefer those musicians you mentioned?
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Chartey(m): 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
speedyboi:

Asa was just an example.

If you come comot dem Lugbe, Kubwa, and even Nyanya and all those places, then Abj becomes one big GRA now. Those are the places that make Abj a CITY boy. Or do you think Lagos and the other cities don't hv Behind(so-called) people in large numbers who'll prefer those musicians you mentioned?
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by keenykrane: 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
Wizkid... xo up till nw u Neva knw say abj na cirious men zone nt flexing.. go Ph and lag... mtchewww
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
you don't perform for 'nearly empty seats', but 'to nearly empty seats'.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by livinbygrace: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
ABJ people na learner in terms of entertainment.Not Surprised at all.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by SUNNY45: 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
I tot Whiz kid was a brand that could sell even without publicity, so what happened? Let him spend his lifetime beefing instead of re-branding. He's losing it and the earlier he realizes it, the better.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by SUNNY45: 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
you don't perform for 'nearly empty seats', but 'to nearly empty seats'

English teachers don come o...
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
speedyboi:

And just so you know asa, nneka etc are people's favourite over here and they come here often. And the fact is; most of the 'staying low' musicians whose songs make sense are usually richer than these noisemakers. Asa and nneka for instance attend reputable international events...France, Us etc to perform.

Asa's beautiful imperfection album reached number 3 on America's Billboard and topped charts in many countries.

And we are talking Asa, Nneka...you are saying flavour, 2face, psquare. You dey alright so?
Are you implying that Asa and Nneka will pull mre crowd than the likes of Flavour, 2face or Psquare? Are we talking popularity or quality of artiste?
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
Damn that is tragic!!!!!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by robonski16: 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
livinbygrace: ABJ people na learner in terms of entertainment.Not Surprised at all.

Serious learner!!! Boring set of people!!!
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by gratiaeo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
Wizikid gat no talent. Just Yoruba/media hyping
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Kaymisola(f): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
You all, Wizkid is not bothered, he has reacted. He took to twitter this morning to announce that he is not worried afterall "owo n wole wa" which means "money is coming in" See tweet here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/10/wizkid-performs-for-nearly-empty-seats.html
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by SUNNY45: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
how can you make such a grammatical blunder by using the wrong word to exressicaly express yourself?
its such an accumulative offense for you under the law court of english language judiciary.

besides,if i dont show my english competence here,where should i?

this is what i paid 500k per semesterial section for.so dont tackle me.

Bros, i swear down, this ur grammar too gbaski...Its habatically gbagbatical

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by eduson33(m): 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
hahahaha..

thats my colleague distabilizing english.

you are traditionally on pont
SUNNY45:

Bros, i swear down, this ur grammar too gbaski...Its habatically gbagbatical
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by pomide(m): 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
This Certifies The Face That ABJ Boys Are Broke Boys haha...Even If Its One Milla In Lagos Men Go Still Show! #GidiForLife
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Abbey2sam(m): 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
legalcode: He's got no talent at all............just normal Lagos/yoruba hypying, same as Davido. I trust my ABJ people, we know what quality is. Give us 2baba and Psquare any day, any time.

Typical stup!d ibo boy
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by charitybabe: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
that serves him right tongue
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by korm2me(m): 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Red_Card: the guy music no dey ever make sense. Only 'holla @your boy' be the good song wey him get and the song even dey childish like the others. Him no get talent
he even copy d song 'hola at ur boy' frm one american singer. No b original.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by gidjah(m): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
we in fct dont listen braggats or rude kids with horrible manners.my kids nevs gonna copy ds kinds of acts.only matured minds get attention ova here in fct.he has sure forgotten he rode on d wings of d poor to get where he is today
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
When him dey sing rubbish!!!

No lyrics just beat
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by pazienza(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
Too many Whizkid haters here, even some are wishing for his downfall. You all are on a long thing, whizkid can only go higher, dude started from scratch to get to where he is today why all this beefing,some are even saying his music is crap,like they are good at anything in life, this is just a minor set back that he can always bounce back from. Nobody throw stones at a tree without fruits, keep waiting for his downfall,while he keeps soaring higher. #team starboy#
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by SUNNY45: 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
Typical stup!d ibo boy

Guy, take am easy o....Make alaba boys no vex 4 u here o... grin
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by SUNNY45: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
This Certifies The Face That ABJ Boys Are Broke Boys haha...Even If Its One Milla In Lagos Men Go Still Show! #GidiForLife

Na Abuja peeps dem wash like this? I no go gree grin
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by pazienza(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
adufaye44: When him dey sing rubbish!!!

No lyrics just beat

He sings rubbish,yet he is a Nigerian star known all over Africa. Who knows you outside your family members,relatives and friends?

Instead of you to appreciate success and work out for your own success, you are here hating.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by pazienza(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
gidjah: we in fct dont listen braggats or rude kids with horrible manners.my kids nevs gonna copy ds kinds of acts.only matured minds get attention ova here in fct.he has sure forgotten he rode on d wings of d poor to get where he is today

Quit hating, i know that deep down your heart, you crave for your kids to be as successful as whizkid has been, in any carrer they choose in life. Appreciate good things, that way good things will come to you.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by pazienza(m): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
gratiaeo: Wizikid gat no talent. Just Yoruba/media hyping

You are wrong. Whizkid is talented, you can't achieve all he had achieved over these years,if you've got no talent, whizkid is appreciated everywhere, even here in the east, it has nothing to do with Yoruba hype like you alluded. Please lets learn to appreciate good things, that way, good things will get to us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ikebe Dance Competition At Phyno Fest Enugu 2017: Watch As Ladies Twerk (Video) / Chaz B Of Rhytm FM Is Dead / Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.