Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

The VP,a Weakling? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The VP,a Weakling? (800 Views)

Azazi Denies Calling GEJ A Weakling - Spokesman Denies Media Reports. / Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ / Soludo Begging Yar'adua: Is He A Weakling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The VP,a Weakling? by james1(m): 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hi everyone.
The Niger-Delta people gave the FG enough warning before delibrately breaking the law's of the land.what the militant's should as a matter of urgency do is: taking the gorvenor's and chief's,who are stealing the money to task.make them hate they were born sad
The militant's should as a matter-of-fact concetrate on this and see it as a project that must be completed within the shortest time-frame.
Have you been to,or know anyone that has been to the N/Delta?you will weep for these people;a people so cheated,not by the FG,but by crooks hiding in the guise of gorvernor's and chief's who see that area as their birthright;therefore,they believe they must as a matter-of-destiny plunder it and leave the people,who themselve's have lost focus and their fighting spirit,impoverish.
The militant's mis-fired by attacking the FG's interest.they must start re-directing their fire now.
As for the VP;did you not know that this amiable gentlman can't get a handle on his wife,and we talking about Nigeria here! you want or believe that he will find cogent solution to the N/Delta imbroglio?after one year he and his boss are at their drawing table;telling a people that want food,shelter,road's and protection from oil exploration companies who now understand the Nigerian factor and know how to play the game,some there before they came and others they erected in their favour,better than the rest of us;polluting rivers and farmlands,ordering or aiding killing's(the case of Saro-Wiwa and many other's) in the N/Delta.Fellow citizen's,think again! sad
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by texazzpete(m): 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2008
James
I implore you to identify the difference between 'weakling' and 'wiggling'.

Just so you know, wiggling =/= weakling

Correct this anomaly before less forgiving members of Nairaland come in with more caustic replies.
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by Abagworo(m): 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2008
We all appreciate d fact dat d entire naija is under developed, but why cant d oil land owners drive home in their cars?The V.P. Inclusive.The truth about the situation there is dat few indigenes used n are still using others to achieve fame n riches.One good step is reducing d power of traditional rulers and adopt d ibo system whereby every eldest family member has equal say in d communities.With this method d wealth will spread to more homes and reduce widespread puverty.I live in d niger delta n my obvious observation is that all d Doctors,lawyers and educated are from very few homes mostly linked to the king.
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by tpia: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
I know I cant make head or tail of either the title or the thread itself.

Am only being realistic here, not caustic. undecided
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by lucabrasi(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2008
its popular knowledge that the vp is a wiggling/weakling thats why opposition parties and niger deltans have given him the name "social prefect"because all he does is to represent yar adua at functions
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by idupaul: 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
Pls is wiggling Ijaw language for weakling, pls i need to know now so i can act on the the post. grin
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by james1(m): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2008
Thank you for the correction.
The N/Delta issue concern all of us living in Nigeria.
Should one say"i don't live there,so it is none of my business";the hostage taking/kidnapping
is spreading to other parts of the country already,some people have hijacked the N/Delta peoples course.so the matter concern all us o.
The FG on its part should stop trying to deceive us with their fake anti-corruption crusade.
We as a people must remember that we are the government and must as a matter-of-fact start demanding that they be accountable to us. cool
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by tpia: 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2008
can you believe I'm not even sure what the Niger Delta people are fighting about?

is it autonomy or development?

its all a bit fuzzy.

Are the Ogoni the same as Ijaw?

sorry if the questions seem somehow.
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by Abagworo(m): 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2008
Ijaw and ogoni are not thesame.Ogoni is an actual minority consisting of about 3 local government.Ijaw on its own is a major ethnicity balkanized into smaller group and made minority.They are actually the 4th largest group in nigeria.
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by tpia: 12:46am On Jul 10, 2008
Abagworo:

Ijaw and ogoni are not thesame.Ogoni is an actual minority consisting of about 3 local government.Ijaw on its own is a major ethnicity balkanized into smaller group and made minority.They are actually the 4th largest group in nigeria.

thanks. smiley
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by vigasimple(m): 1:12am On Jul 10, 2008
I stand to be corrected that Ogonis are part of the IJAW NATION. Essentially the IJAWS are people from the riverine areaswhich the majority of them are popularily called Niger deltans from Cross River to Ondo state.

Some people from those state have their ethnicity diffrent from the Ijaws but they are still forming part of the Niger delta. For example the Efik of calabar and other different tribes, they are Niger deltans but not IJAWS.

Those are my own understanding and I hope if anybody thinks it is wrong to shed more light on it.

Also in addition, The Niger deltans agitatiton has been confused as different faction are seeking different things. It has turn to blackmailing and money extraction business rather than a coherent political fight.

Infact the impression they are giving now is that 'they just want to be settled on daily basis'

Nigeria as whole need a comprehensive policy on dealing with the matter and I hope God will help us to find a lasting solutions so that we can all live with our brothers and sisters from that region of the country in peace.
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by tpia: 4:21am On Jul 10, 2008
this is why I'm confused.

Going by location alone, I'd think the Ogonis are affiliated with the Ijaws.

How were all these regions grouped under the British?
Re: The VP,a Weakling? by doyin13(m): 4:25am On Jul 10, 2008
I think the Delta region is naturally balkan in character. A network of ''city kingdoms''

(1) (Reply)

Rebranding Of Nigeria Project / Enough Is Enough 4 Fraudulent Ibo And Yoruba / Northern Nigeria: death toll rises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.